Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rail transfer Geneva to Zermatt?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Has anyone done a rail transfer from Geneva airport to Zermatt recently and can recommend the best/cheapest ticket option?
The last time I did it a few years ago the Swiss Transfer Ticket was the way to go but I'm not sure that's the case anymore?

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your best option is this ticket
https://www.sbb.ch/en/buying/pages/kontingent/kontingent.xhtml;jsessionid=84E87AC4AD31E23B1AB09BA4AA025961

Valid for any train on the day of travel. There is a super saver ticket but that ties you to a specific train and if your flight is delayed or whatever you might miss it.
You buy one saver day pass for each day of travel. Be sure and tick the box that says ‘no discount ticket’ as the initial price assumes you have a half fare card as most Swiss do - not really economic for a point to point trip like Geneva/Zermatt. So you should actually pay roughly double the initial price.
Also the price increases the closer you get to date of travel, so the earlier you buy it, the better…
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@scotsgirl, yes I find the saver day pass is the best flexible ticket option for travelling from airport to resort and back (in my case to Wengen, but as it covers the whole Swiss rail network also good for Zermatt). The saver day pass used to only go on sale 60 days before the date of travel, but they've recently relaxed that period so it now goes on sale up to 6 months before the date of travel. As you said, the earlier you buy it the cheaper it is.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@scotsgirl, @Alastair Pink,
Thank you. That's very helpful.

Seems to be CHF52 2nd class each way throughout January which I don't think is too bad.
I remember the Transfer Ticket being more than that about 10 years ago!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skibedoo, yes looking at January the full price appears to be CHF52 2nd class each way on most days, although certain days e.g Sat 6th Jan are slightly more expensive at CHF61....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skibedoo, Have a great time, I hope its a sunny day as you go along the side of the lake. Enjoy a picnic on the train to Visp, as we did 23 years ago.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy