Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet 'Skis and/or boots.'

Poster: A snowHead
Interesting wording on their website. You're not paying for a 'ski bag', but for 'skis and/or boots'. This wording can't be accidental. Has anyone run into trouble when stuffing their ski bag with other items? Or had trouble with the type of bag itself? I've got one of these: Snowboard Sportube which is a large and ungainly object. However it does allow me to carry up to 3 sets of skis and poles, or - if I'm travelling solo - everything I need for a holiday, meaning I can avoid paying for other hold luggage.

I don't think I've ever had a good experience with Easyjet (nor have I ever had a bad one with Ryanair, so go figure!) so I don't want to push my luck.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
never had a problem stuffing my back to the weight limit
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gored, Thanks. Have they ever opened your bag to look at the contents?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No. No trouble ever.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No problems for our group too, over the years. The weight limit seems to be the only thing they've ever checked for us.

I did ring them once to check if this was correct and they said that even my snowboard pants didn't count as equipment. I asked them if they could think of another situation where I might wear them, other than snowboarding and they couldn't say anything, albeit the person at the end of the phone was obviously only to able to answer according to the information they had in front of them.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@porkpiefox, I guess they're not so subtly reserving the right to reject stuff.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I took my giant Dakine roller last year containing skis, boots, poles, all clothing, etc. It was right on the weight limit and they were completely fine with it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I interpreted 'skis and/or boots' to mean I could check in both a ski bag and a boot bag (or either one) if I wanted - on the booking page it says 2 items under sporting equipment. I don't think they're bothered so long as you're under the weight limit.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I believe its all about the airline covering ones own a ss when they lose or damage gear which airlines do quite often especially long haul.

If they lose the ski bag and skis or damage the bags contents or the bag they will say we only pay out on the bag an skis nothing else .

Even then the budget airlines can make the whole damaged/lost luggage process time consuming to very differcult to near impossible .
So they can fob off a large percentage .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tirol 164 wrote:
.. If they lose the ski bag and skis or damage the bags contents or the bag they will say we only pay out on the bag an skis nothing else .
No, that's not how the "Montreal Convention" works and no small print or contract like stuff they get you to sign makes any difference.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thats exactly my point ..."trying it on" is std operating procedure
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We have checked in double skis bags and 1 boot back under a skis and boots baggage. Technically always times 2. So 4 skis in 2 double bags and 2 boot bags being put into the hold.

We have had them asked to check a couple of the bags going into oversized (which they always send the boots through as well at Bournemouth airport). They have only asked to have a boot bag opened and no idea what they were looking for. Frankly it was a cursory check and they didnt spot the ski socks I always shuff inside the ski boots
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I smuggled the wife this way once, they never check.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
doynie wrote:

Was it to save money, or to avoid having to converse on the flight?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
greengriff wrote:
doynie wrote:

Save Money!

By the time I paid excess baggage and then booked separate accommodation at the other end of the resort - as Lady F would be madder than an apoplectic Hornet when finally let out - it would cost considerably more. It would also take more than a nice handbag and matching shoes to instigate the peace process. I might even have to deploy the services of ACAS! Toofy Grin

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 18-11-23 12:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
greengriff wrote:
doynie wrote:

Suspect latter as I have found seats for less than the ski baggage on many occasions Laughing
ski holidays
@Old Fartbag, Good point! I've found that wives are expensive enough when they are happy. When unhappy you can treble the number! Laughing

@NickyJ, Laughing
latest report
@greengriff, if it helps never had a good experience with Ryanair and never had a bad one with easyjet! However you get 20kg for skis and boots to add to your total, say 23kg case. no issue ever for me with easyjet. However I always weigh beforehand and have a print out of their baggage terms. I'm a belt and braces sort.
snow conditions
twoodwar wrote:
@greengriff...have a print out of their baggage terms. I'm a belt and braces sort.

Great idea!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy