Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Training Films on DVD/VHS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend any basic, intermediate ski training films/programmes that don't have a grungy rock sound track and fill in sections with freeriders cliff jumping (which I guess 90% of us don't really aspire to anyway.)?

Links to site etc....

Thanks, just trying to build up a resource.......I have a very old copy of a 1970/80 C&A promotional VHS but nothing more recent......
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The SCGB/BASI Ski School DVDs seemed OK on a quick viewing but how much you can learn from them is anyone's guess - although they did undo a season's work of mine. I'd been forcing myself to get down and forward (having been told I was too upright) and then along comes the SCGB/BASI chap telling his pupil that's inappropriate for most modern skis!

[edit] available from the SCGB website and probably from Amazon or eBay
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bryan, Have just bought the BASI Skiing Skool and Skiing Skool Again off eBay. Only cost me £7 for the pair (doing my BASI course in december). If you have a search on there you may find them otherwise look at the BASI website www.basi.org.uk
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stocky, those are the ones I saw. I've checked and the copy I watched was from eBay and turned out to be just that, a copy rather than legit. The picture froze a bit but always recovered and kept going but none of your dosh goes to support those fine organisations.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bryan, The Warren Smith DVD's are very good.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have the Warren Smith DVD's 1&2 for sale. Genuine, not a copy.

Make me an offer (monetary)!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll give you a fiver each
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Call it 15 quid for the lot including postage within the UK, and Warren Smith DVD's 1&2 mint condition will be yours.

If interested PM me, and we can settle via paypal.

Now. I've got some other special interest DVDs for sale as well. Anyone?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
veeeight, if it's ski servicing dvds count me in wink

By the way if Ben doesn't take the Warren Smith dvds I will take them off your hands. PM me if they are still available.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
veeeight, pm sent Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
phil smith had a new one out a couple of seasons back, we used to plat them all in the shop for clients Phil's was IMO better than the skiingskool ones which although ok are a little dated Little Angel
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

veeeight, if it's ski servicing dvds count me in

You know, I shouldn't really admit to this, but I *do* own a DVD with a scene filmed in a ski servicing room, amidst race skis, waxing tables etc. Embarassed
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I got the DVD's they seem pretty good. Thanks very much!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No probs.

Now. Also for sale:

SCGB/BASI - Skiing Skool Again
SCGB/BASI - In Deeper
Ski with Klammer - 6 instructional lessons
Warren Smith Ultimate Learning Experience 6 - Freeride New School Tricks & Jumps

All VHS, all Originals, not Copies.

Any offers?
Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy