Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski buddies wanted - ValTho December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I (27M) will be in Val Thorens as a solo on 16/12/23-23/12/23. Looking to meet people to ski together or some beers after skiing

This is my second season skiing so I'm fairly new to the sport.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads @eiforya29, snowHead
I updated the title of your post to better attract the right attention Little Angel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@eiforya29, you mentioned on the SnowBuddies thread that you're staying at the UCPA: you won't be short of people to drink with in the bar at the centre. And if you're doing a course, you won't be short of people to ski with, either.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JayRo wrote:
@eiforya29, you mentioned on the SnowBuddies thread that you're staying at the UCPA: you won't be short of people to drink with in the bar at the centre. And if you're doing a course, you won't be short of people to ski with, either.

Yeah I will be doing a half-time course. You think so? I just hope to meet lifelong ski friends as non of my current friends ski Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eiforya29 wrote:
JayRo wrote:

Yeah I will be doing a half-time course. You think so? I just hope to meet lifelong ski friends as non of my current friends ski Sad

Yes, I very much think so. If you’re doing a half-time course, you’ll have a readymade group of people to ski with in the other half of the day, who are about your ability level. Maybe set out to do that, and be open to the possibility of skiing with some of them again (& maybe to returning to a UCPA centre) rather than necessarily looking to meet lifelong friends, but all friendships have to start somewhere.

I’ve linked to my writeup of the ValTho UCPA centre last spring, in my trip report. Feel free to give it a read, and I’m happy to answer any questions you might have about the centre there.

I’m also in the 3V myself for some of that time (Dec 9-20, staying in Méribel). I’m doing a pretty full-on course, so can’t promise to be around to meet (& I can’t think of any places to meet after the lifts close that allow us both to get back to our respective lodgings—I don’t think there’s a bar or restaurant at the top of the Col de la Chambre, but if anyone can correct me or suggest anywhere, please do). But if you arrive early enough on Saturday 16th I could probably make it work. But I expect you’ll be so busy with new friends from the centre that you won’t have time to meet me!

In any case: have a fantastic time. There’ll be lots of people in a similar boat to you.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JayRo wrote:
eiforya29 wrote:
JayRo wrote:

Yes, I very much think so. If you’re doing a half-time course, you’ll have a readymade group of people to ski with in the other half of the day, who are about your ability level. Maybe set out to do that, and be open to the possibility of skiing with some of them again (& maybe to returning to a UCPA centre) rather than necessarily looking to meet lifelong friends, but all friendships have to start somewhere.

I’ve linked to my writeup of the ValTho UCPA centre last spring, in my trip report. Feel free to give it a read, and I’m happy to answer any questions you might have about the centre there.

I’m also in the 3V myself for some of that time (Dec 9-20, staying in Méribel). I’m doing a pretty full-on course, so can’t promise to be around to meet (& I can’t think of any places to meet after the lifts close that allow us both to get back to our respective lodgings—I don’t think there’s a bar or restaurant at the top of the Col de la Chambre, but if anyone can correct me or suggest anywhere, please do). But if you arrive early enough on Saturday 16th I could probably make it work. But I expect you’ll be so busy with new friends from the centre that you won’t have time to meet me!

In any case: have a fantastic time. There’ll be lots of people in a similar boat to you.

I’m currently at the centre. No sign of my roommates yet.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy