Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1 night stay nr La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked to spend Half Term at La Plagne in an apartment in Plagne Centre - Sat to Sat with the family.
Flying into Geneva late on the Friday and out late on the following Saturday so hoping to sneak in a few more hours of skiing than usual.
I'm thinking getting as close to Plagne on the Friday would be a good idea (miss traffic and ski on Saturday) which probably means a private transfer unless there is a better option.
Could anyone suggest somewhere we could stay on the Friday night that would be a short hop to Plagne Center on the Saturday morning?
Thanks in advance for the local knowledge SnowHeads can share.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Aime La Plagne, located in the valley directly below the ski stations would seem a convenient choice.

Literally a bus ride up in the morning, crucially past all of the Saturday traffic coming into and out of the Tarantaise valley that affects any change day schedule.

Reachable by railway from Geneva too, although time may be a problem, but worth a look.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@trolleyed, I've stayed in a hotel in Aime before for a weekend.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Half term (in Feb I guess) usually is somewhere between french school holidays. This means hotel room on friday night are usually booked months in advance.
Private transfert could be also difficult to find on fridays.
Think about car renting and hotel a little bit away like Grenoble or Chambery then wake up early morning (6am) on saturday and you will still at La Plagne Centre around 8/8.30am (this is what we are doing).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Practically all reasonably priced hotel (family) rooms booked up already for night of 09-02-24. I managed to book last room I could find last week (in Chamosset Logis Hotel) near turn off to Maurienne Valley motorway as we are going to Val Cenis. I looked at practically everything.
Not sure how well booking.com apartments work for 1 night as there is an apartment showing on there for that night in Brides les Bains for a family of four for a measly £20! Might be worth a punt.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 13-11-23 10:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Google Maps can try to help you: [url=]https://www.google.fr/maps/search/H%C3%B4tels/@45.4248451,6.189181,11z/data=!4m14!2m13!3m6!1zSMO0dGVscw!2sLa+Plagne,+73210+La+Plagne-Tarentaise!3s0x47897bbbf6bdba69:0x40feb492e9386e00!4m2!1d6.7047628!2d45.5077001!5m4!5m3!1s2024-02-09!4m1!1i4!6e3?entry=ttu[/url]
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think that if you find somewhere sufficiently out of the way that it isn't booked up already then you will need more expensive transfers to it and onward to La Plagne.

I would just look for a hotel in Ferney-Voltaire for the Friday night then get a normal transfer from the airport on Saturday morning.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the heads up folks on the options. First time skiing at half term and not sure I'd fully appreciated how busy it can get.
Might consider renting a car instead of transfers for flexibility but will have to make sure I get winter tyres
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy