Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flights/transfer Alpe d'huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Alpe D'huez mid March next year. Very Happy Looking at flights just now. Wonder if people have experience flying with their skis on Easyjet or Wizzair? I will need a check in bag (20 or 23kg) + ski carriage - won't be able to pack everything with the skis as it's a sportube. Whilst I have flown with Easyjet and Wizzair on many other occasions (never on a ski holiday though), I'm not sure if I'd trust them with my skis. I'm debating if it's worth paying more to go with BA. Ideally I would like to fly with Swiss or Lufthansa but sadly they don't have directly flights there...

For info: I'm thinking of flying into Lyon because it's a bigger airport. Had bad experience with Grenoble/Chambery airport previously and Geneva is a bit far.

Separately I'm organising private transfer from the airport (most likely Lyon) to ADH for a group of 12 people (incl myself). Has anyone got a good/reliable transfer company they used before to recommend? Google showed me a few options but I don't 100% trust their reviews...

Any advice welcome Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For the private transfer, try putting your requirements into findtransfers.com, see what responses you get and then check the reviews. I've used quite a few in the past for a very similar journey and they've always worked out okay (once we've managed to meet each other outside Lyon airport!).

I'd definitely agree with Lyon rather than Grenoble by the way. It's not significantly further, but is a proper airport!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never had an issue with ski carriage on Easyjet. Have had issues with baggage on BA but its the same people dealing with your bags regardless.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My friend here in Bourg D’oisans does transfers. His company is….

https://www.alp-venture.com
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've flown easyjet with skis.

What is it about easyjet and skis that you think would be worse than other carriers? Is it not the same baggage handlers at the airport regardless?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
swskier wrote:
I've flown easyjet with skis.

What is it about easyjet and skis that you think would be worse than other carriers? Is it not the same baggage handlers at the airport regardless?

To be fair that's a good point I didn't consider that.

And thanks for all other responses - will take a look
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
EasyJet are fine with sports goods.
Have flown several times with them taking my bike to Canaries and Mallorca - it's more the baggage handling company you need to worry about. Never had issues with snowboard bags either going with them.

Have only ever hired cars or been on a package transfer from Lyon so can't offers advice on that.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Never had issues with Easyjet. Ski carriage not cheap but they have always arrived.
We have used MV Transport 3 times very happily on the Grenoble/ADH transfer.
Book a shared transfer and save £££s
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy