Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel 16-20th March 24

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,
We’re looking to book a ski trip for 4 nights in mid March .
With Kitz being a low altitude resort should we find we find somewhere else to go?
Has anyone been around this time that could advise on snow conditions?
I know it will largely depend on the weather and snow conditions over the winter but any advise would be much appreciated!
Would we be better off going to Val D’isere?

Thanks in advance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hewitt146 wrote:
Hello,
We’re looking to book a ski trip for 4 nights in mid March .
With Kitz being a low altitude resort should we find somewhere else to go?
Has anyone been around this time that could advise on snow conditions?
I know it will largely depend on the weather and snow conditions over the winter but any advise would be much appreciated!
Would we be better off going to Val D’isere?

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Skied there March 16-19 last season. Spring conditions; its spring. Plan on getting it done in the morning. Pistes were still covered but that's it. Photos are of piste 77 high and low.

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What appeals about Kitzbühel? It's a good ski area for a weekend and a historic kind of town. VdI feels quite different, much bigger ski area but less easy to reach. Both pricey, I guess.
What I mean is, what are you looking for and what are your priorities?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies. I guess for me it would be some good skiing, the other two friends are more beginner/ intermediate skiers.
So to suit everyone we wanted
Good snow conditions, nice resort with plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from and not too bad a drive from the airport as it’s only 4 night!
Have been struggling to find hotels in some of the more preferable resorts but Kitz and Val D’isere had available hotels on the two dates we could do together?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As Scooter said, Kitz is a bit of a gamble in March. VDI is a bit of a trek from Geneva if you're only going for a few days. Other people on here might have more suggestions but here are mine for that time of year based on proximity to airport;

Geneva - La Clusaz/Avoriaz/Flaine
Munich - Ski Welt (same low issues as Kitz but a fair bit cheaper)/Mayrhofen
Innsbruck - Solden, Ischgl (not especally beginner friendly), Mayrhofen

Switzerland probably has some options but I've never really done short breaks to Switzerland. I'd suggest that for four days you'd ideally want to ski on three of them? so I'd suggest keeping your transfer down to 2 or so hours which means you could definitely ski on departure day with an evening flight. I've skied on arrival day but I own skis and boots which speeds everything up (getting kitted out at rental shops can burn all important time!)

The above are just places I have either been or researched for similar trips but there's plenty of options, short breaks do take a bit more hunting and planning because the hotels want to sell you a whole week.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mayrhofen is a reasonable bet given skiing is quite high for the Tyrol and it's not Ischgl/Obergurgl expensive. Also 1 hour only from Innsbruck

Ischgl is probably no-go as hotels only seem to do Saturday/Saturday stays, otherwise would be perfect.

Solden also good - I went to Obergurgl in April in early 2021 and skied Solden 2/6 days. Was very good, just stay above mid station-ish where most skiing is anyway

All these better bets than Kitz, but there will be skiing in Kitz, and would still be very good in places (like Pass Thurn) because a fair bit faces the right way
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
buchanan101 wrote:
Mayrhofen is a reasonable bet given skiing is quite high for the Tyrol and it's not Ischgl/Obergurgl expensive. Also 1 hour only from Innsbruck

Ischgl is probably no-go as hotels only seem to do Saturday/Saturday stays, otherwise would be perfect.

Solden also good - I went to Obergurgl in April in early 2021 and skied Solden 2/6 days. Was very good, just stay above mid station-ish where most skiing is anyway

All these better bets than Kitz, but there will be skiing in Kitz, and would still be very good in places (like Pass Thurn) because a fair bit faces the right way

Plenty of other hotels/pensions either side of Ischgl to look at
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy