Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Which would be quieter at Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been researching flights and wondering if anyone had any advice between which period might be quieter on slopes. First time taking a 10 year old so keen she has great time (she has had lot lessons on dry slope so quite good already!)

Thinking Tignes or Les Arcs for either of

Saturday 30th March to Thursday 4th April (has easter sunday/monday in it)
Saturday 6th April to Thursday 11th April (start of French school holidays)

Any thoughts on if would be difference between these two in terms of number of people on slopes?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been to both at that time - both are absolutely fine; no real queues and quiet slopes. Some parts of Les Arcs probably a bit quieter than some parts of Tignes.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I expect flights would be cheaper from the uk for the second week as most British people will choose the first week as it includes Easter, perception of greater chance of good snow conditions and not french holidays.

However I wouldn’t worry about the number of people on the slopes in either resort for either week as Easter is normally less busy than Christmas, new year and half term and in recent years there have been heavy snow falls in early April.

You may also want to check when Dutch and Belgian holidays start.

I think the first week will be busier but I would still choose it unless it is significantly cheaper to go the week after.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maybe I misread your question as I thought you were asking which week rather than which resort. I have only been to Les arcs of the two and that would definitely be a good place to go
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you so much for taking time to reply, i always over think my snowsport holidays

My questions and title are not very clear! But definitely main part for me was picking between the two weeks

Tignes emailed me this morning saying "For French schools, the first day of the holidays will be Saturday 6th April, so the busiest week will probably be between 8th and 12th April."

I feel like im swaying towards Saturday 30th March to Thursday 4th April as flight deal was great but will hold off booking for couple of days incase anyone has any further input!

I was nervous of it having the easter sunday in it
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

For French schools, the first day of the holidays will be Saturday 6th April, so the busiest week will probably be between 8th and 12th April."

It is only group C that is on holiday that week (Paris and Occitanie). The French typically do not go skiing at the spring holidays. My expereince in Les Arcs at that time of year is that the slopes are quiet. However the Dutch speaking areas of Belgium are on holiday from April 1st, but this will only really affect those of us driving to the slopes rather than on the slopes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tignes was lovely last year first week of easter. Snow conditions were stunning and slopes were really quiet.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tignes was lovely last year first week of easter. Snow conditions were stunning and slopes were really quiet.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I actually find it to be a lot quieter on the slopes during the holidays ... traffic possibly worse
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Easter is much quieter in France as generally the French do not take family ski holidays after February.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Having frequently skied both at easter I would say the increased skiing attitude available at Tignes seems to draw a larger crowd (similar effect at VT). However as others have said, still generally a quieter time to ski. However as long as you accept you ate spring skiing I personally love Les Arcs at Easter with enough altitude to ski round the mountain as it softens, often with runs to yourself
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy