Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet with integrated visor

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@munich_irish, The Somerset gimp? Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gored wrote:
solomon & head do a nice looking intergrated visor option.
Still needs to fit properly, which is more important than how it looks.

Yep, I've the Head Radar helmet with the integrated visor. Picked it up through the snowinn website for £128.98 during the pandemic. The important thing is the fit, so ordering the correct size is important. It has the Boa dial at the back to make sure the helmet is snut on all head sizes. Works great with glasses underneath (I wear varifocals). Plenty of adjustable air vents so there's no fogging whatsoever of either glasses or visor at any speed on or off piste. Head don't encourage skiing with the visor in the open position (probably as it could damage the visor or mechanism in a fall), but you can ski comfortably with the visor in the "up" position as I have done on Alpe Di Suisi in the Dolomites, wearing sunglasses.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JCSKI wrote:
I wear glasses and for many years have been using prescription inserts inside Oakley goggles which is ok but obviously new inserts are needed when the prescription dramatically changes, which mine does as i get older! Over the last couple of seasons i have notices more and more people using a helmet with built in visor with their regular specs underneath. If you have tried this set up what is the experience like? Are there are recommendations for specific helmet /visor brands or models? Do some models allow you change lenses for different light levels?

Bear in mind that using "regular" specs when skiing is not advisable from a safety perspective. You need the appropriate shatterproof polycarbonate lenses (don't want your eye full of smashed lenses during a fall) and specs without the little moveable nose bridge pads (don't want your eyes poked out). You only get one set of eyes, cutting corners on safety is not advisable.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy