Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley lenses

Poster: A snowHead
I need to replace my low visibility lens, I’ve been using the Rose and they have been good, my opinions are Hi Pink or the Orange Persimmon, I’m leaning towards the hi pink anyone got an opinion Toofy Grin

I have Sapphire for sunny days

Edit:
I had Flight Deck with Jade and Rose lenses the foam has gone in the frame
I've now have (thank you Fall Line) Flight Path L with Sapphire

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 10-11-23 10:59; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you like the Sapphires then defo the Hi-Pink as they both use the same base lens colour (rose).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Myself, wife and oldest son all use Hi Pink for low visibility. Great lenses
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've used the rose, and the persimmon but not the Hi-pink.
I think the persimmon is better than the rose for low-light but I can't compare it to the pink as I simply don't like the look of the pink lens.
The vlt chart gives the pink as the most light permeable at 46% with the persimmon at 39% . Most of the standard lenses are in the teens vlt.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@radar, Avoid the orange persimmon imo. Even Oakley's later persimmon-hi. The now discontinued hi-yellow is miles better if you can get them (you don't mention which model goggles). The Prizm Rose are not that good in low light in my experience (kept mine for a season then sold), so Hi Pink should be a big improvement...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Roguevfr wrote:
I think the persimmon is better than the rose for low-light but I can't compare it to the pink as I simply don't like the look of the pink lens.
The vlt chart gives the pink as the most light permeable at 46% with the persimmon at 39% . Most of the standard lenses are in the teens vlt.

I agree on that - persimmon better than rose. But hi-pink or hi-yellow A LOT better than both.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Roguevfr wrote:

I suspect it would be the better lens if the sun came out, while being similar to the Hi Pink in flat light.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Old Fartbag wrote:
Roguevfr wrote:

I suspect it would be the better lens if the sun came out, while being similar to the Hi Pink in flat light.

Agreed, for me at least, the persimmon is perfectly usable when conditions improve .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On a related point whats the best place to get replacement lenses? Looking for a new Flight Deck lens and they are still very expensive.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They are... until Oakley phase them out, and reduce the whole stock. Worth keeping an eye on Oakley.com at this time of year as they do reduce some snow stuff, and it sort of rotates around what, so you may get lucky.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snorks wrote:
On a related point whats the best place to get replacement lenses? Looking for a new Flight Deck lens and they are still very expensive.

True, but the largest lens, on the top of the range flagship model is always going to be expensive.

It's often cheaper to buy another complete goggle and either choose which pair to take out, or use that lens as your "change" . The low light lenses models are vastly cheaper than the fancy mirrored iridium versions.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Roguevfr, Good tips, thanks
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@snorks, Sportpursuit have a range of Oakley googles at the moment
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How is quality with recent Oakleys? Had a a pair of flight decks with the rose lens last season. Fogged and iced between the lenses really bad, seems like a known issue according to www...

I did like the visual quality though.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@danbre2022 It can be slightly how hot your head gets, how much you sweat etc. I rarely have any problem and my friend always does. So we swapped goggles (him to my Oakley Flight Deck, me to his Anon) and sure enough he had the issue all the time with mine. I find Adidas goggles are best for 'hot heads' as it were. Esp the old ID2 which you can still get. Boy do they force some air through when you are moving down the piste fast. No uncomfortable, but noticeable versus Oakley Canopy or Flight Deck or Line Miner.
snow conditions
@danbre2022, Never had any issues, got Flight Decks with polarized lenses, and my wife has the XM's, multiple lenses. They don't like icy face-plants though, I cracked and ruined a lens that way, also pretty deep cut on the bridge of my nose, my fault Laughing
snow report
I run the Prizm torch on my flight decks for good conditions.

Swap to the prizm Hi-pinks for low viz.

They are chuffing brilliant.
snow report
what i meant was foggind en the icing between the lenses, not outside the inside lens. nothing to do with hot head or such.
ski holidays
@danbre2022, is it when you first thing take them outside on a very cold day from a hot pocket or similar? My advice is keep them in a. rucksack before you put them on so they can aclimatise. If its happening during normal use sound like a defect, never had that.
latest report
I had a Salomon visor helmet do the same, went back under warranty. They fogged between the lenses with no way of clearing it other than leaving them on the radiator overnight, a fat lot of good that is half way up a mountain!
latest report
Thanks everyone am going Hi Pink Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy