Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carte Vitale and insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Je suis un Skieur,
Quote:

those definitions are irrelevant

it would be very odd for it to be defined in a way that isn't as used in, like, every single other contract in France, and in fiscal law though Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Je suis un Skieur, ah, now I see where the confusion is arising. Those are marketing pieces, not actually elements of the "policies". Hence the slight vagueness and inconsistency. (And that table of guarantees isn't correct either.)

You actually need to refer to the "Documents Contractuels" (and in French as the English one isn't actually contractual, I don't expect) so 5.1 I quoted above from the seasonal contract refers to "domicile"

Season; "5.1 Transport/rapatriement
Suite à un événement garanti, nous organisons et prenons en charge votre rapatriement au domicile etc. " Defining domicile as "Est considéré comme domicile, le lieu d’habitation principal et habituel de l’assuré et figurant comme domicile sur son dernier avis d’imposition sur le revenu, au jour de son adhésion. Pour les travailleurs saisonniers, pourra être également considéré comme domicile le lieu d’habitation temporaire pendant la durée du contrat de travail saisonnier.

Now, whether that means saisonniers only get taken to their seasonal rabbit hutch, or given a choice is not clear.

Daily; "4.1 Transport/rapatriement Suite à un événement garanti, nous organisons et prenons en charge votre rapatriement au domicile"

So, unless I'm missing something, they're identical.

(Also in both cases says "or a hospital near your home").

Anyway, not sure why I'm arguing over policies that only work in the Savoie and I live in the Haute Savoie NehNeh NehNeh
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, yes, you're missing something. Sections 4.1 and 5.1 are the simplified summaries of cover, they are not the legal definitions and contractually binding small print. Domicile is legally defined for the puposes of the insurance policy in the full contracts which are numbered CNC 2301 and CNS 2301 respectively and the definitions for domicile are different. I've already copied them above.

You can download the full contract from the individual web pages.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
it would be very odd for it to be defined in a way that isn't as used in, like, every single other contract in France, and in fiscal law though Twisted Evil
Not at all. completely standard practice for definitions to be given for all terms used in a contract either at the beginning or the end of it. It's precisely to stop circular discussions like this!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Je suis un Skieur, yes, I know that such things are always defined.

Anyway, I can't find (I can find the reference to such a contract in the "Document Contractuel") but for the life of me the closest I get is the link on e.g. here to "Documents Contractuels à Conserver" https://carreneige.com/fr/nos-offres/carre-neige/

If you could post a link to one of the contracts that would be lovely, thanks.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
@northernrookie, You (almost?) certainly need insurance. Your mutuelle (assuming you have one anyway) probably (defo?) won't cover on mountain rescue or transport to a medical centre.

I was blood wagoned off in January and ambulanced to the med centre. Cost about €500 which would have been my cost had I not been insured. Thereafter costs of medics//treatment/etc., covered as normal.

[[Bizarrely, had I been helicoptered off from off-piste, iirc it would have been free. (That's a Chamonix thing no idea elsewhere).]]

We use the Vieux Campeur "Club" insurance, I think it was €30 each for the year this year.

One point, should you need to claim - phone them. I reported online on the Europ-Assistance website, got an acknowledgement and it was promptly lost. Luckily I had that email as otherwise they'd have tried to wriggle out of it.

Also not helped that when they paid, Chamonix mairie reported it to the fisc as unpaid so a few weeks later I had threatening bailiffs letters arriving rolling eyes

we also have the Vieux Campeur insurance. It pays for itself through discounts etc. We have been diligent about insurance since our son was taken off the hill by snowmobile with what turned out to be a mildly sprained ankle. Cost us 240 euros even though I suggested he'd be fine in a few minutes (He was in an ESF class at the time and the instructors are, rightly, careful about injuries). Couldn't recoup through carte vitale or our mutuelle.

And we have used Europ-Assistance in the past (I still use them for travel insurance when we leave the EU)

Would also add that it's possible that our Air France Amex has some coverage. I need to check into that...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pasigal, we have Amex Platinum for the insurance (but also the free lounge access, which probably pays for the card itself Shocked ) the insurance seems pretty good.

The comment from Davidoff re medical cover on the Vieux Campeur policy is a good catch. I hadn't paid attention to it as we have other cover (Amex) for abroad and obvs the French system at home.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Pasigal seems Vieux Campeur have a 20% discount on the carte club tomorrow in their brick and mortar stores for the jour ferié, so going to nip down to the 3ème and pick one up!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy