Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Matching Gear On the hill

Poster: A snowHead
My jacket and pants match - both have steak and cheese pie and blood on them
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pejoli wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:
If you want full mountain drip, then you need to take pointers from this guy. Also, as @Oleski, says, make sure the noob* gap is a wide as possible.

*noob stands for notable observer of outstanding drip.

Sorry, are we talking about that guy in the onesie - or you and your choice of helmet cover Very Happy ?

Notable Observer of Oustanding Drip is actually *NOOD*,

Which to some may be preferable than the onesie ...which shall then be referred to as the " none sie" ..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hang11, beer and beans on mine. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pejoli wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:
If you want full mountain drip, then you need to take pointers from this guy. Also, as @Oleski, says, make sure the noob* gap is a wide as possible.

*noob stands for notable observer of outstanding drip.

Sorry, are we talking about that guy in the onesie - or you and your choice of helmet cover Very Happy ?

Haha, good spot. That’s actually teenaged son’s! Which I think is just about acceptable.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@Mollerski, oh bless you. You really care what other people wear? You should ski more

Bless you. The gentle jibe of my post completely passed by you. You should find some friends with a sense of humour. It may rub off. Cool

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 9-11-23 22:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm currently riding a black board with black bindings, black boots, black trousers, black jacket, black gloves and a RED helmet. No planned coordination involved, in fact I wish I had colours, but I just bought the right bit of kit for me at the time.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For people who only care about the function of their ski gear, this is a dumping ground for bad jokes.

For people who care about color coordination of their clothing AND gear, those jokes totally pass over their head.

Interesting to watch.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah the annual ski fashion thread I presume, never know how serious these things are.
Clearly there are those who care a little about style and others who don't, and then there are those who profess to not care but find joy in criticizing others.
Not personally a fan of old black no-name gear myself but OK, if you prefer to spend your money elsewhere that's great.
As for Tipsy Elves (the 'onesie' above), they seem very reasonably priced suits and go well with the 80s retro revival last few years, glad to see them around.
(full disclosure, big fan of integrated visor helmets since I tried one 6 or so years back, great on all but the very worst days, and IMO very stylish looking).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The only thing I look for in fashion/colours is to get the most garish colours as possible. Something you would never dream of wearing anywhere else other than the slops.

Currently I have black boots (I don’t recall Colin giving me an option on colours!), bright blue Salopettes, luminous yellow (think bin man) ski jacket, bright green snood, black helmet (with snowHead stickers on it) and either bright blue or bright red goggles depending on my mood. Bizarrely I then have light brown leather gloves. It works.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timmycb5 wrote:
It works.

In which respect?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mollerski, are you ok? I wish you the best and hope you find peace.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@Mollerski, are you ok? I wish you the best and hope you find peace.

Lame.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mollerski wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:
It works.

In which respect?

In all respects. It performs its primary function very well, and also somehow just looks good.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Timmycb5, The 'good' aspect of the look is somewhat subjective. It sounds gopping to me, but that's just my take on the whole ensemble. Each to their own. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Weathercam,
I liked reading your link to "Style Altitude".
I've tried to avoid being a stereotype, but now I know, I'm a Skeezer
snow conditions
You need this sort of stuff

“Taking high-performance sportswear and luxury design to new heights with apparel, footwear and accessories for the slopes and beyond.

British model and actor Iris Law fronts the campaign and collection, a next-generation creative whose passion for self-expression, holistic approach to movement and fearless style set the tone for the season.

Pushing the boundaries of fashion and function, the TERREX collection fuses technical mountain performance innovation and features – with striking prints and silhouettes to stand out on the piste.”. Do read the full article for for more fashionista BS….

https://www.winterinsight.com/slider/iris-law-debuts-first-ever-adidas-by-stella-mccartney-ski-collection-in-collaboration-with-terrex-2/?utm_source=Winter+Insight&utm_campaign=4e5dd63d4c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2023_11_08_11_39&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_-4e5dd63d4c-%5BLIST_EMAIL_ID%5D&mc_cid=4e5dd63d4c&mc_eid=0ce979b5b9
latest report
@ster, No prices though! If it's less than 10 grand then I'm out.
snow report
@greengriff, its not meant for people who need concerned with details like prices.
ski holidays
@ster, Indeed. Or waterproofing and breathability performance. From years of judicious observation (I like looking at girls skiing!), I'd say such stuff is the domain of those often very attractive, well-to-do ladies who go and drink a hot choc when the weather gets less than perfect. Still seems mad to me though to pay 3 times the price for a garment with 1/3 of the technical performance.
ski holidays
Quote:

well-to-do ladies who go and drink a hot choc when the weather gets less than perfect.

My sister swears there were women in the best mountain restaurants in Kitzbuhel in Gucci moon boots. Back in the day when moon boots were the thing. So they never even made any pretence at skiing. Laughing
snow report
--
ski holidays
@pam w, I can well believe that. As a woman, why do you think they're doing it? My instinctive male reaction is that maybe they were there with the view to pick up a nice wealthy husband? But it's quite possible that I misunderstand women completely!
latest report
@Mollerski, From your posts in another thread, maybe a onesie covered in a broad arrow pattern would be good for you.
snow report
Quote:

My instinctive male reaction is that maybe they were there with the view to pick up a nice wealthy husband? But it's quite possible that I misunderstand women completely!

I suspect many would have been already married to (or gone to Kitz WITH) wealthy men who had paid for the moon boots (and the rest) and were out skiing. They just wanted to hold their own with the other glam ladies in the restaurant, and not risk smudging their make up.

I find sitting round with friends in a nice mountain restaurant most enjoyable, and certainly more enjoyable than skiing in a white out or - worse - the rain. I just wouldn't want to wear anything which looked like I'd tried too hard (though I wouldn't want to look like a sheep which had been dragged through a hedge backwards either!).
latest report
@pam w, Thank you! That makes a lot of sense.
snow conditions
@greengriff, they'd probably already picked up a rich husband - I was on a course last season with a very well to do, beautifully if not usefully dressed (white designer ski clothes) lady who admitted that she only skis an hour a day normally (in St Moritz or similar) before putting her moon boots on and going to a restaurant to drink fizz and wait for her husband and son. She just liked the smart mountain vibe (and it no doubt looked great on insta) plus she wanted to join in the holiday. Nowt wrong with that.

Poor woman was absolutely on her ar*e after day 1 of the 5 day course... on day three she sat down and refused to move. Laughing But she genuinely wanted to have a nice time in the mountains, which is all any of us want no matter what we're wearing. Little Angel
ski holidays
@ElzP, Laughing How can a grown adult sit down and refuse to move? Laughing What was the course?

Yes, absolutely; different strokes for different folks etc. And I'd definitely I'd rather be drinking my cup of tea and eating my almond slice in St Moritz than Leicester any day of the week Laughing
snow conditions
@greengriff, I know right. The rest of us were absolutely livid! It was one of the intermediate ski goddess courses; she may have over egged her skiing skills beforehand.

Horses for courses - I'll be in Kitz this season and at least once I'm going to stop at lunchtime and drink champagne up the hill - I want to know how the other half live! Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@greengriff, I was thinking about this discussion walking back from the village shops just now. If you saw a man rather snazzily dressed, out on the slopes or in a restaurant, you wouldn't assume he was angling to catch a rich woman, would you? wink
ski holidays
@ElzP, So you didn't all just bug off and leave her???

It's never occurred to me to order champagne on the mountain. Maybe it's my subconscious trying to protect me from the humiliation of not being able to afford to pay the bill Laughing
snow report
@pam w, No, not a rich one. A pretty one! Men like to dress to impress the opposite sex too. Unfortunately many of them are quite bad at it!
snow conditions
I,ve never ordered champagne on the hill either, but there's always a first time!

How did the course go, @ElzP? Maybe tell us about it in the relevant thread rather than derail this sartorial effort.
ski holidays
@pam w, https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5117685&highlight=ski+goddess#5117685

@greengriff, we weren't allowed. There was grumbling.
snow report
ElzP wrote:
There was grumbling.

So very British Laughing In all seriousness the course sounds like something my wife would absolutely love, and she is definitely more in the 'dress to impress and drink hot choc at every opportunity' camp!
latest report
@greengriff, I recommend, it was really good fun.

Anyway, to get back on track - I've finally managed to make all of my ski clothes black, and then bought skis that are not mainly black, and I'm extremely disappointed in myself.

Ninja style is the only style that matters... Laughing
ski holidays
greengriff wrote:

So very British Laughing

So very, very British and actually quite Snowheads. Let's ridicule the money and assume that they're all really quite silly and can't ski very well to boot. Smile
ski holidays
Mollerski wrote:
greengriff wrote:

So very British Laughing

So very, very British and actually quite Snowheads. Let's ridicule the money and assume that they're all really quite silly and can't ski very well to boot. Smile

I'm not sure that was her intention? The grumbling was about a grown adult sitting down and refusing to move, which surely is one of those things that can be done equally well by the rich and the poor?
latest report
@greengriff, The poor don't ski. Only the comfortably well off and above. Very Happy
latest report
@Mollerski, I'll ridicule any bug who sits in the middle of the piste and refuses to move. Laughing

In fact I ridiculed my husband for that early in our skiing days, he chucked his poles as well... he's not rich though (unfortunately, I have to buy my own moon boots wink )
snow conditions
Quote:
... My instinctive male reaction is that maybe they were there with the view to pick up a nice wealthy husband? ..
My instinctive male view would be to wonder if they were there with someone else's wealthy husband and working evening shifts.

I think I'd probably notice fancy hair cuts, make-up and bling more than fashionable clothing. Is there an equivalent of those things for blokes?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy