Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plymouth Dry Slope Recent Resurfacing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all recently visited the Plymouth dry slope that has had its main ski slope completely resurfaced- from the aging Permasnow to what looks like brand new Dendix. Please note the beginner slope and tubing run have not been resurfaced and the equipment seems much the same.

But the main slope is so much better! They have apparently upgraded the previously ineffectual sprinkler/moistening system to covering the entire slope, though I can’t really comment as it was raining anyway when I had a go. Compared to before it was like I was previously skiing on sheet ice with a bit of earth thrown and now it’s not far off hard pack- you can really lean on the edges and even carve if brave without the edges giving way. On the previous Permasnow surface I was pretty much tiptoeing with minimal edge angle in fear of losing the edge!

Sadly they have also significantly increased the prices to return on their investment which I’m not sure will work… now £25 for 1 hr session, £35 for 2 hr. But def worth checking it out if in the south west and far from a snow dome!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe I'll give it another go then. I tried it on my board a few years ago and after one run vowed never again. My riding is about carving and it was just hopeless.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BoardieK wrote:
Maybe I'll give it another go then. I tried it on my board a few years ago and after one run vowed never again. My riding is about carving and it was just hopeless.

Def worth a try. Can’t vouch for how it feels with a Snowboard but a lot more edge grip on skis. I think they went for Permasnow previously due to being marketed as a safer surface but performance wise Dendix is definitely superior as doesn’t overheat the bases as much.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I think they went for Permasnow previously due to being marketed as a safer surface but performance wise Dendix is definitely superior as doesn’t overheat the bases as much.

Plymouth slope is part of the John Nike group, and Permasnow was a surface made by the Nike Group, similar to Snowflex. The 'Dendix' they have replaced it with is probably Ski tech matting, rather than actual Dendix, since that is also a Nike goup company.

I remember going to the Bracknell slope when they had just replaced their trainer slope with Permasnow, and even when it was new it was horrible, like skiing on really hard, compacted, icy snow!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
karin wrote:
Quote:

I think they went for Permasnow previously due to being marketed as a safer surface but performance wise Dendix is definitely superior as doesn’t overheat the bases as much.

Plymouth slope is part of the John Nike group, and Permasnow was a surface made by the Nike Group, similar to Snowflex. The 'Dendix' they have replaced it with is probably Ski tech matting, rather than actual Dendix, since that is also a Nike goup company.

I remember going to the Bracknell slope when they had just replaced their trainer slope with Permasnow, and even when it was new it was horrible, like skiing on really hard, compacted, icy snow!

Oops yes I think you are right- looks like Skitech- def better than Permasnow though!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy