Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Venice airport to Corvara, Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
We are skiing in Corvara and have been quoted €880 return trip by taxi from Venice airport. We’ve hired fairly luxury cars for less than that in the past but the hotel has a great shuttle service to and from the ski lifts so we really don’t need a car this time. It seems very expensive though. Can anyone recommend a cheaper taxi service please? The one we’ve had the quote from was recommended by the hotel.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ask the hotel?
They already have a shuttle Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@IainMcT, many snowHeads (myself included) have used Venice Cabs, and they provide a good service. How many are in your group, you'll see that their 2023 rates for a cab for 1-3 passengers to Corvara was €260, so €520 return.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flixbus do a service to cortina ..than a taxi from there
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DaveD wrote:
Flixbus do a service to cortina ..than a taxi from there

Or Cortina Express do a bus service to Cortina with onward travel from Cortina bus station to the Alta Badia resorts including Corvara.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
we used www.ldtransfer.it. 4 people and 3 ski bags and cases etc. It was €720 for that exact same journey in March this year. Good service on time, clean, nice big mini van.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you Gored, as I stated in my email I did ask the hotel. They recommended the taxi quoting €880. I also stated that they offer a very good shuttle service between the hotel and the ski lifts but unless they’ve built a high speed lift to Marco Polo airport we still need a taxi. Thank you for you input though.
Thank you Alistair, Venice cabs sounds perfect. I’ll contact them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another recommendation for Venicecabs. Met at the airport on time and taken directly to accommodation which was not too easy to find but no trouble to our driver. Very reasonable between four of us. We don’t do car hire any more for same reason you mention. We get Cortina Express bus for return to Venice as we always have a couple of nights there. Just a lovely chill befor flight back.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We’ve booked Venice cabs for our trip in Jan. 600 euro return for 4 plus luggage and skis.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@IainMcT, why not hire a car yourself, potentially greener as you will do a 2 way journey, a resort taxi could be 2x2 journeys.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Take the bus.

It's about €40pp return.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
IainMcT wrote:
Thank you Gored, as I stated in my email I did ask the hotel. They recommended the taxi quoting €880.

Your post said you asked the hotel to recommend a taxi. Not that you asked the hotel if they do transfers themselves

Are you able to change the airport to Innsbruck? Could get a train to Bolzano & work out the last leg from there.
It is because of the PITA to get there, that has always put me off.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another vote for Venice Cabs. Used them a few times, great service and about E250 for a minibus for 7/8
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you Geoff, we usually do hire a car but it’s really hard work guaranteeing winter tyres. Snow chains are fine if you spend the whole time on snow but usually you’re driving in and out of snow. A four wheel drive vehicle with winter tyres costs as much as a taxi and spends all the holiday apart from the airport journeys sitting stationary. Plus I have the hassle of driving it which means on the last day skiing I have to obtain from bombardinos, vin brûlée, beer or wine all necessary to help with my 53 year old weary body.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@IainMcT, When are you going? Venice Cabs were unable to provide a quote from Venice to San Cassiano when I asked a few weeks back. We are going in 6 weeks Puzzled
latest report
@IainMcT, I drove to Canazei this March in a std Panda without any problems ( ie no snow on ground), chances of snow on the day are slim I guess.
snow report
We've faced a similar decision from Venice to the Sella Ronda. We've always settled on renting the smallest and cheapest available car possible, knowing that we wouldn't need it in-station. The cost has never exceeded 400 or so euros plus fuel, so about 500 total. You can make sure you have chains on the off chance that you'll need them. I love the idea of an airport shuttle, though, but I don't mind driving and if the difference is big enough always opt for driving. That said...if you are talking about the chance to relax for a total of 8-9 hours vs having to pay attention, deal with the rental counter faff...then maybe 400 euros/pounds difference is with it to splurge for a shuttle. What is that, honestly? 7% of the total holiday cost, maybe even less?
snow report
Quote:

the rental counter faff.

IME that's far worse than the actual driving.

I did LOT of airport transfer driving for friends and relatives, to Geneva, Chambery and Grenoble and can understand the high prices being charged. Often at antisocial times, hanging round the airport, got to be ready to deal with whatever the weather throws at you. I often felt that some, who didn't understand the full story, were not quite so pathetically grateful as they should have been! Evil or Very Mad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy