Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites Weather/Snow Report (& useful links) 2023/24

Poster: A snowHead
@richb67, how many days on skis now in a row? Are you taking breaks?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmmm, it is apparently raining in Tonale at 1800m....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
8611 wrote:
@richb67, how many days on skis now in a row? Are you taking breaks?

Today was the 27th on a row, we’ve done 31 in total with a one day gap when we transferred from MdC to Alta Badia, last day today Sad

Some days more full on than others.
Glancing at the DSK app since arriving in AB We’ve
Used lifts 583 times
160 different lifts
9 resorts
161km height difference

Already booked apartment in Corvara for next year… Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lol! Fair play that's some effort. You should surely get some kind of sponsorship from the Superski. Do you think you've hit every piste in the whole area?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@richb67, where were you staying in Corvara?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
8611 wrote:
Hmmm, it is apparently raining in Tonale at 1800m....

Was raining in AltaBadia at 1800 today, then snowing at top of lift at 2000.

Pistes very quiet but hit and miss, had a few lovely runs with good visibilty, deserted pistes and good snow.

Also had some with rain and awful visibility.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@T Bar, rather not be specific publicly as they are line rocking horse poo, but we used the alta badia tourist authority site to find it. You need to book now for next year…
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@richb67,
Fair enough , we have just rebooked for next year.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
8611 wrote:
Lol! Fair play that's some effort. You should surely get some kind of sponsorship from the Superski. Do you think you've hit every piste in the whole area?

I’m a decent intermediate skier so not the fastest and carefully pick the time of day for tricky pistes. So definitely didn’t do every piste but certainly the vast majority in AltaBadia, Civetta, Val Gardena & Arabba plus a good number (maybe majority) from Val di Fassa and Kronplatz. I did wonder about trying to use every lift in AB but TBH it seemed pointless using a learners drag lift just for the hell of it. I think we used all bar 3.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry - you need to book Corvara accommodation a year in advance??
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
8611 wrote:

No. We booked a reasonable hotel last summer for the end of this month. All the other hotels had countless rooms available.

Weren’t the posts above about a very particular situation of a Snowhead who stayed an entire month, and favours the Alta Badia website?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
8611 wrote:

Popular accommodation is often booked in advance but you don't have to book a year in advance.
We like where we are staying and are rebooking as we leave, if we didn't we would still find somewhere else but this particularly suits us and does book out.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ok sorry I misunderstood, I stayed there about 10 years ago and didn't remember any crunch, wondered had it gotten trendy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We found that a lot of Garnis/hotels allow current guests to reserve for the next year and don’t open up bookings for new customers until after the summer, when the previous guests have confirmed or not. This is especially true for the best located ones, such as Garni Tranquilite, next to the Boe lift in Corvara.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
surferrosa wrote:
We found that a lot of Garnis/hotels allow current guests to reserve for the next year and don’t open up bookings for new customers until after the summer, when the previous guests have confirmed or not. This is especially true for the best located ones, such as Garni Tranquilite, next to the Boe lift in Corvara.

Austria’s the same. We prebook a year ahead when at the hotel we love, they’re loyal to long standing guests first, prices/bookings get firmed up in May or June.
snow conditions
Agree, no chance of booking lot of places till the summer and only if your lucky!!
snow conditions
Week 12 of 21. 1200kms of runs and 405 lifts open across the Superski area today.
Temperature currently a rather warm 2.6c at Canazei 1465m (4,800 feet). Humidity is high at 98%. Looks like a bit of rainfall yesterday and today giving snow higher up.

https://www.bergfex.com/trentino/wetter/stationen/canazei/

A further covering of snow tomorrow and then the overnight temperatures drop below freezing again. The sun returns on Monday. The outlook is now looking warmer than previously modelled and perhaps a bit more snow around the 16th ?

https://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/webcams/c13333/
latest report
@8611, it depends if you want to use tour operators. Inghams are a joke with their special offer and Crystal only has two hotels in corvara . hotel Greif , the best of the two, is already fully booked for the first of Feb and in three of the four January,s weeks there are only superior rooms left. I am considering booking now myself, I am getting on and really prefer easy skiing Very Happy
snow report
We are a family group this year there were 10 adults and 3 children we had a great time in Montgenèvre

Next year we really want to book Corvara Does anyone have any suggestions ? We are due there in 3 weeks but just as a couple Thinking I should call in at the tourist office for help nn
ski holidays
Try these as well. They are at the bottom of the village and have a good selection of properties.

http://www.immobiliaretable.it/index.php/en/short-rentals.html
snow conditions
@Gufo, yes, I think for a group that large calling the tourist office will be a good call. We just came back from Corvara last weekend and TBH I found Corvara, as a town, a little spread out. So we have booked San Cassiano for next year. Also look at Colfosco as there’s more ski in, ski out accommodation there. Loved the skiing there in Alta Badia though.

Also love Montgenèvre, was there over NYs week!
snow report
Thanks
I’ll check out the link and also have a good look at Colfosco. Maybe more apartments there !
ski holidays
Harrow lady wrote:
@8611, it depends if you want to use tour operators. Inghams are a joke with their special offer and Crystal only has two hotels in corvara . hotel Greif , the best of the two, is already fully booked for the first of Feb and in three of the four January,s weeks there are only superior rooms left. I am considering booking now myself, I am getting on and really prefer easy skiing Very Happy

@Harrow lady - Don't be tempted by the Planac - it is a long way out of town !!
latest report
Harrow lady wrote:

£100 off the ski pass if you also book ski's with Inghams
We have already booked for next winter
Couldn't get the hotel we wanted the week we wanted as rooms were already all gone. (there was still plenty other hotel options but not in the one we wanted)
Our total cost came out less than this year.
All depends what you are looking for.
I will admit to being a fan of Innhams overall and have used them a lot over the years with very little to gripe about.
We also do diy holidays but it seldom works out cheaper for us for ski trips.
snow report
Hello Garfield, can I ask how you got your 100 off please. It says you need to book lift pass and ski carriage together but at least from Gatwick ski carriage is not available, I contacted the customer service and did not reply. I really like the look and review of hotel panorama but without the discount is too expensive
snow report
@albob, I wouldn’t go there , the idea of been in the middle of nowhere is very romantic but is not for me.
snow conditions
Garfield wrote:
Harrow lady wrote:

£100 off the ski pass if you also book ski's with Inghams
We have already booked for next winter
Couldn't get the hotel we wanted the week we wanted as rooms were already all gone. (there was still plenty other hotel options but not in the one we wanted)
Our total cost came out less than this year.
All depends what you are looking for.
I will admit to being a fan of Innhams overall and have used them a lot over the years with very little to gripe about.
We also do diy holidays but it seldom works out cheaper for us for ski trips.

A similar story to us. Almost our ski trips are independent travel, mainly due to fussiness over hotels getting great online ratings, civil flight times, resorts that TO’s aren’t interested in. Boxing clever on flights and airports, this was viable. But my experience is that highly rated hotels are increasing their prices at way, way above inflation post 2020, in addition luggage supplements on scheduled flights are now huge (we don’t travel light).

To rein in huge ski trip costs for the 4 of us, I started looked at TO packages. Starting with Corvara in a fortnight, we’re giving it a go.

My instinct it’s the way forward. I do wish there was the TO competition of 25 years ago ….. Inghams, First Choice, Neilson, Crystal, Mark Warner, Thomson (a separate brochure and offerings), Bladon Lines and at least 15 other names. Ironically most lost due to people like me choosing independent travel … subsequent insolvencies and mergers.
latest report
Harrow lady wrote:
Hello Garfield, can I ask how you got your 100 off please. It says you need to book lift pass and ski carriage together but at least from Gatwick ski carriage is not available, I contacted the customer service and did not reply. I really like the look and review of hotel panorama but without the discount is too expensive

Hi
We hire skis now. I got fed up of lugging them through airports and our skis were due for a change.
Not sure if the offer came up if you were booking ski carage.
Hire place they use in Arabba have always offered options I'm happy with.
We are booked for Arabba rather than Covara.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/webcams/c4936/

It’s putting it down today snowHead
ski holidays
Peter S wrote:
https://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/webcams/c4936/

It’s putting it down today snowHead

Why I'm I bothering looking as we are not back till next winter Puzzled
I did look though
latest report
We’re out on the 17th: San Cassiano. Looking good now with the new snow Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@richb67,

A bit off topic but I'd be interested in your opinion on main sella area (Val Gardena, Arabba, Alta Badia etc) v Cortina v Madonna di Campiglio please.

I've skied the main sella areas (and a few days at Kronplatz) loads since 2014 but haven't been Cortina nor Madonna.

I'm planning a week at the start of March if things are looking good. I'll likely end up in Selva or Santa Cristina. But I'm open to sticking on the big Carerras and Roger Moore'ing it round Cortina.

My ideal skiing is the reds and blacks at Selva, the Gran Risa red and black, Buffare and the run down to Alleghe loch.

Ultimately, I think it'll come down to how conditions and forecast is looking but I'd be interested in your (and anyone else) opinion on how the areas compare on the high quality red and black stakes please.

Cheers snowHead
ski holidays
Harry Flashman wrote:
defnekasrat wrote:
@luigi, I think we made the mistake of not putting SC to Corvara and back times in to consideration. And wanted a quick bite but ended up with the slowest service.
Also, we were just near finishing but found the signage on top of La Pale Charlift (6) very confusing and ended up doing the very bumpy amd steep red down to the same chairlift Laughing That’s when we knew we messed up because the lift guy told us the 1 lift (23) we had left was closed already.

Yesterday we kept everything supet chill, cruised the blues around SC, Colfosco and Corvara. Had one of the best pastas and grapp I’ve had at Jimmi’s. The blues were in very good shape, even until late afternoon. The weather got VERY warm at one point, I had sweat dripping even with only a base layer and jacket on.

My husband a guided off-piste trip, they climbed on top of Sass Pordoi or somewhere around there (I think) and skied down, and he was extremely happy with the conditions and the experience. Today, they are doing another one.

Hi - mind PMing me the guide's details? Looking for one for later this season!

Giovanni Orlando
https://www.giovanni-orlando.it/en/
info@giovanni-orlando.it

I think they found him from Alta Badia Guides but this is his own contact details. My husband and his friends are quite restless and adventurous people, so they were very happy with this experience. First day they climbed Sella and the next day they climbed Lagazoui and skied down from both. I gather that he is a very good climber and guide. If anyone ends up reaching out to him, say hi from Emre and the Turks Very Happy
ski holidays
It looks very busy on the webcams today and It sounds as though it has been another busy season so far. If they get a reasonable Easter as well I can imagine it being a rather lucrative year for ticket sales. That would be good news for paying this years electricity bill and next years snow making vouchers …..as long as it’s cold enough.

https://www.bergfex.com/kronplatz/webcams/c15328/
latest report
Probably already up elsewhere but the Great Man shows us the way down to SC, with cheeky glimpse of the old Mountain Sun place at the bottom Cool

http://youtube.com/v/Px6nKGG1Gi4&ab_channel=UstariaPosta

Conditions look ok on the artificial and the boy shows good ass-to-grass carving technique
ski holidays
Peter S wrote:
It looks very busy on the webcams today and It sounds as though it has been another busy season so far
https://www.bergfex.com/kronplatz/webcams/c15328/

It’s been the busiest day I have ever seen at Kronplatz and whilst I haven’t been here every day of every season, it was very noticeable. We put it down to a mixture of Fasching and (sadly, because there are noticeably more British here) UK school holidays.
Happily (?) there are some people who clearly don’t like it here. I was chatting with a chap (hope he isn’t a SH) who complained that Miara was too easy, so I suggested some alternatives but they were too hard. The runs generally were too short but the ones I suggested were not right either. He had been into the San Vigilio centre looking for a cash machine but had walked right past at least one much closer to where he was staying.
And so on.
Please stay away. Don’t visit. The weather is awful. The pistes clearly are just not right. The food - well, what can I say - clearly inedible. We were given a complimentary “Williams” and a Calimero at Col de L’ Ancona at lunch today. Obviously to make up for the inedible food

ski holidays
It’s super busy in Alta Badia - queues everywhere. Never seen it this busy. We did 9a today - it was much enjoyed.
snow report
@JHS, Superb pictures, thanks for sharing snowHead
snow report
@red 27,
One of my favourite runs. Looks to be in great condition. Cool
snow report
@Peter S, Yes indeed - anyone who doesn't like that run should hang up their poles.

Very nostalgic for me as a regular to the AF in the old days to see the last section. My last visit was late December 2019...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy