Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites Weather/Snow Report (& useful links) 2023/24

Poster: A snowHead
Igor's last ski video of this season, to Cinque Torri and Lagazuoi:
http://youtube.com/v/saLiIVjkOgA?si=YkhBEcP_XduSxUuX
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Alastair Pink, utterly breathtaking. There can surely be no pistes anywhere with miles and miles of such views. Thank you for posting. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah everybody talks/thinks "Sella Ronda" but Super 8 is pretty sweet.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Scooter in Seattle, I try to get off the SR as soon as I can these days, and I've certainly given up 'doing' it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hurtle, I'm with ya, I avoid it. My own lap is first taxi up to Falzarego, 2-3 quick laps on Lagazuoi, Super 8 with a quick ciocolato at Averau, then up and over to Scotoni for an early lunch. Seems to keep me one step ahead of the crowds except for HV, which can be kind of a war zone!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scooter in Seattle, yes, don't much want to do HV again. Is it compulsory in Super 8 (which I don't think I've ever done)?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sunday is the last day of the season at Kronplatz. They are down to 90 out of 121 kms of skiing still open and 19 lifts running out of 30.
Still plenty of snow at the top and looking quiet this week.

https://www.bergfex.com/kronplatz/webcams/c15328/

Incredibly the long Run down to the valley floor at Reid at 900m is still open !
The weather is very warm this week with rain unfortunately tomorrow up to 1700m.

I imagine like most places that have had skiing throughout the season they will have had a successful year which should be good news for next season, at least financially.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Hurtle, no. I just go there to get to Scotoni, plus it is a convenient way for me to get back to San Cassiano
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Scooter in Seattle, it's so difficult to get an indoor table at Scotoni's and, if you can't, the delicious food will be stone cold before it reaches you. Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
@franga, wherever you stay, get to Kronplatz. The most vertical, the most really long steep groomers. Off by itself but worth the drive.

Thanks for the tip!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As I've mentioned a couple of pages back we are very keen to head to the Dolomites for February HT - we'll have a car but we'd rather base ourselves in 1 town / village for the duration of our stay. I'm thinking Selva or Alpe Siusi might be our best options. I have one more question if that's OK - is Madonna worth looking at? Or will we find the area pretty limiting given that we are keen on mileage? Many thanks.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We skied Lagazuoi and Cinque Torri last Thursday - a beautiful sunny day. Taxi to Lagazuoi, first lift up and then down the front of Lagazuoi - the snow was in excellent condition and the piste empty. They went over the road to ski the Super 8. Again, excellent conditions and very few people around. Crossed back over to Lagazuoi and met only a few people on the HV piste. Had lunch outside at Scotoni in the sun - busy-ish, but free tables and food was served very quickly. Taxi at the bottom of HV back to Piz Sorega gondola in San Cassiano, and an easy ski back to Corvara (apart from the very heavy snow at the bottom). We told our daughter's partner (only his second week of skiing, but he managed all the reds very well), that he would probably never again ski the HV in such good conditions and with so few people around. We felt very priviledged to have enjoyed such a perfect ski day.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@franga, I meant to post previously to suggest Arraba as being the best for steep pistes in the Dolomites, but not sure that equates to being the best location to stay, others may have views on that. You can reach it easy enough from Selva anyway I would think.

Re Madonna, I've never been and would like to go, but I think the advantage of the Dolomites for someone who likes to ski long distances is that you can go on really long trips to multiple adjacent resorts. Some of these are marketed and signposted (the Sella Ronda, the WW1 trip and the Super Cool some aren't but can be put together yourself. Madonna is doubtless good but won't have that option.

Another option you might consider if really into travelling is to overnight somewhere else in the Superski, just bring a toothbrush and a change of socks and underwear. There are some superb refugios you can stay in if you book in advance. If you were enthusiastic from Selva (or Suisi I would think) you could easily ski Arraba, Marmolada, Alleghe, Cinque Torre (I've done that in a day) and even on to Cortina with an overnight (you could prob also go to Cortina and back without overnighting if you skipped Marmolada and Alleghe). If you watch some of Ustaria Posta's videos you will get a sense of what is possible.

Madonna doubtless has its charms but it doesn't have that. However, I always resolve these quandries in the following way. There are many ski resorts, but there are also many ski holidays to come. Just choose one this year and do the other one the next. That way you don't have to torture yourself about which is the best option right now. Just do both.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
8611 wrote:
@franga, I meant to post previously to suggest Arraba as being the best for steep pistes in the Dolomites, but not sure that equates to being the best location to stay, others may have views on that. You can reach it easy enough from Selva anyway I would think.

Re Madonna, I've never been and would like to go, but I think the advantage of the Dolomites for someone who likes to ski long distances is that you can go on really long trips to multiple adjacent resorts. Some of these are marketed and signposted (the Sella Ronda, the WW1 trip and the Super Cool some aren't but can be put together yourself. Madonna is doubtless good but won't have that option.

Another option you might consider if really into travelling is to overnight somewhere else in the Superski, just bring a toothbrush and a change of socks and underwear. There are some superb refugios you can stay in if you book in advance. If you were enthusiastic from Selva (or Suisi I would think) you could easily ski Arraba, Marmolada, Alleghe, Cinque Torre (I've done that in a day) and even on to Cortina with an overnight (you could prob also go to Cortina and back without overnighting if you skipped Marmolada and Alleghe). If you watch some of Ustaria Posta's videos you will get a sense of what is possible.

Madonna doubtless has its charms but it doesn't have that. However, I always resolve these quandries in the following way. There are many ski resorts, but there are also many ski holidays to come. Just choose one this year and do the other one the next. That way you don't have to torture yourself about which is the best option right now. Just do both.

Super response - thank you very much!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Last day of the season and it looks like a scorcher!
https://www.bergfex.com/kronplatz/webcams/c14486/
Hopefully I’ll actually get out there next season Laughing
snow conditions
Arabba (Porta Vescovo side) 8 runs open until the weekend, end of season bash at Rifugio Luigi Gorza, Saturday and Sunday 20th-21st April with DJ Jack.
Faloria side of Cortina open until 1st of May, although to be fair there seems on the webcams to be more activity at the Refugio than on the slopes, especially in the afternoon sun, who can blame them!
ski holidays
@AlecLindsay, Passo Pordoi was busy at the weekend (just the morning tho'.....!)
snow report
https://www.bergfex.com/kronplatz/webcams/c14486/

Won’t stop snowing Laughing
ski holidays
https://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/webcams/c14105/

Another decent fall of snow Cool
snow report
Peter S wrote:
https://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/webcams/c14105/

Another decent fall of snow Cool

Will it last till January though Puzzled
Bit like seeing big dumps in October they just disappear again
Doesn't stop me looking though
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy