Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zardoz Notwax/Base Boost - Get it whilst you can!

Poster: A snowHead
Gutted, late to the party and can’t find any stock anywhere online Crying or Very sad this was my go to for topping up the snowboard.

Anyone got any intel on a decent alternative?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just checking my gear for a trip in a couple of weeks, noticed I was low on Notwax, went to order some online and (for reasons that have now become clear to me) couldn't find any anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions for a product that does a similar job?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Alisdair, "PoorBoy Speed Paste" - A Flourinated All Temperature Rub On Snow Wax. Comes in a 70gm tube, no "puck" or scrub, but easy to apply, keeps pretty well, can be buffed up. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimastaaah wrote:
@Alisdair, "PoorBoy Speed Paste" - A Flourinated All Temperature Rub On Snow Wax. Comes in a 70gm tube, no "puck" or scrub, but easy to apply, keeps pretty well, can be buffed up. snowHead

I thought the idea was that they were getting rid of fluorinated waxes?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimastaaah wrote:

Thank you. I'll look into it
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Zardoz did not go anywhere, its just that the UK importer is the Shimano bicycle parts importer and they have shifted full focus to bike and unfortunately dropped all outdoor/winter products.

The product is made by Finish Line bicycle lubricants hence the tie in, as the importer sells that too.

We had a chat with all concerned and I managed to get Zardoz shipped over by the distributor and it arrived this morning:

https://www.theskierslounge.co.uk/tools-waxes/ski-or-snowboard-wax/zardoz-teflon-liquid-notwax-pocket-puck-base-boost__427

I don't feel super comfortable posting what is kinda a commercial post, but I also love Zardoz myself hence 5 months of work to get some shipped over (its not as easy being a liquid chemical) and also have supported Snowheads in the past, so if any of you are interested in buying some I have created a code SHZARDOZ so you can have 15% off until end January '24.

Please do delete though if thats not allowed, or nudge me for a site donation to keep the servers turned on Smile

Thank you

Scott
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Scott. I have ordered!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
scottydog wrote:
Zardoz did not go anywhere, its just that the UK importer is the Shimano bicycle parts importer and they have shifted full focus to bike and unfortunately dropped all outdoor/winter products.

The product is made by Finish Line bicycle lubricants hence the tie in, as the importer sells that too.

We had a chat with all concerned and I managed to get Zardoz shipped over by the distributor and it arrived this morning:

https://www.theskierslounge.co.uk/tools-waxes/ski-or-snowboard-wax/zardoz-teflon-liquid-notwax-pocket-puck-base-boost__427

I don't feel super comfortable posting what is kinda a commercial post, but I also love Zardoz myself hence 5 months of work to get some shipped over (its not as easy being a liquid chemical) and also have supported Snowheads in the past, so if any of you are interested in buying some I have created a code SHZARDOZ15 so you can have 15% off until end January '24.

Please do delete though if thats not allowed, or nudge me for a site donation to keep the servers turned on Smile

Thank you

Scott
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@scottydog, Thanks Scott - I don't think the code SHZARDOZ works?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Did you include the 15? SHZARDOZ15

Personally, I didn't read Scott's post properly so I just clicked the link and paid full price! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Alisdair, Ah thanks good point missed that. Just realised it wasn't on the original post but it's on the repost.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
euanovsky wrote:
@scottydog, Thanks Scott - I don't think the code SHZARDOZ works?
Thanks - sorry about that, it does now Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alisdair wrote:

Personally, I didn't read Scott's post properly so I just clicked the link and paid full price! rolling eyes

Don't worry I have just refunded you the discount Very Happy I did a type, sorry!

Scott
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks scott, order placed Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
scottydog wrote:
Alisdair wrote:

Don't worry I have just refunded you the discount Very Happy I did a type, sorry!

Scott

Thanks. I really appreciate that
ski holidays
scottydog wrote:
Alisdair wrote:

Don't worry I have just refunded you the discount Very Happy I did a typo, sorry!

Scott
latest report
Any chemical engineers about, doesn't flourine on contact with water create oxygen and flouride, that stuff they dose our tap water with? I expect the wax has some impact in the equation though. I guess the best solution is to stay on your edges and it wont matter what is on the bases Toofy Grin . I noticed gt85 which is ptfe spray being applied to skis on dry slope last season, doubt that is much better than the wax.
latest report
Nevermind, I realised it actually makes hydrofluoric acid, stuff in pickling paste, definitely not good.
snow conditions
Glosterwolf wrote:
Any chemical engineers about, doesn't flourine on contact with water create oxygen and flouride, that stuff they dose our tap water with? I expect the wax has some impact in the equation though. I guess the best solution is to stay on your edges and it wont matter what is on the bases Toofy Grin . I noticed gt85 which is ptfe spray being applied to skis on dry slope last season, doubt that is much better than the wax.

GT85 isnt great for skis, as its got Teflon in it yes, but is still a lubricant so can damage the plastics and wood in skis/boards. Its why we only use it on metal parts when servicing bikes in the bike workshop. It gives an initial shine but doesnt do much good to some plastics. But dry slope racers do use it, and the serious guys and gals skis dont last long enough for the GT85 to do much harm Laughing
ski holidays
Damn just missed the discount
snow report
Out of curiosity if I were to apply Zardoz say in the afternoon, do I need to make sure the base of the skis are dry first before applying?
snow report
Makes sense
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy