Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2023/24 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc

Poster: A snowHead

Bare below mid station on South facing side of meribel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Set off from VT today, we were halfway down to Mottaret when the lift attendant at Plan Des Mains asked where we were from and told us to get back to VT quickly before the links closed. Too late! We managed to work out way back towards Les Menuires via a horrendous 3km green path into the teeth of a howling gale, virtually blowing us backwards at times. Got down towards Bruyeres only to find the Chasse piste closed which meant skis off and waiting until the early afternoon bus back to VT. We then had a fantastic afternoon as most lifts were open and the snow above 2500m was great. Some very windy spots though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MontyP wrote:
Set off from VT today, we were halfway down to Mottaret when the lift attendant at Plan Des Mains asked where we were from and told us to get back to VT quickly before the links closed. Too late! We managed to work out way back towards Les Menuires via a horrendous 3km green path into the teeth of a howling gale, virtually blowing us backwards at times. Got down towards Bruyeres only to find the Chasse piste closed which meant skis off and waiting until the early afternoon bus back to VT. We then had a fantastic afternoon as most lifts were open and the snow above 2500m was great. Some very windy spots though.

We arrived last night and drove from VT to Les Menuires this morning to park the car near La Masse lifts (free, versus €92 for a week in VT wink ).

We went up La Masse for one run then discovered the lifts back to VT were closed Shocked . So we took Bruyeres 1 gondola then skied halfway towards Chez Pepe Nicolas on a closed piste, before the snow ran out Sad . We then had a pleasant 10 minute downhill walk, interspersed with a couple of hundred metres of side slipping on narrow strips of snow, to Chez PN for a coffee followed by a 10 minute walk downhill to Plan De L'Eau chair to get us back to VT. All in all it was a very pleasant trip, despite the wind Toofy Grin . We bumped into about 8 other (English) folks on the way - all undertaking the same adventure. Mad dogs & Englishmen.... Very Happy

Mind, we did have some great snow. High up in VT is still excellent, with full winter snow cover Very Happy .

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just started raining in Meribel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowing in VT but very wet as it is only -1c. On a completely different tangent and begging forgiveness: any recommendations for a pet shop around Moutiers please? Urgent dog food purchase required!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Rain turned to snow and now about 6cm … easing off a bit and looking brighter now.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Still snowing and colder now so looking good for tomorrow
Interesting skiing today with good layer of wet snow on top of warm mush … much better than it sounds ! Up top new snow was lovely and off piste much improved
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Trying to post picture but taking ages … Roc de Fer run lovely and deserted. Stopping snowing now and can see sun setting … hope it starts up again.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Driving up to Courchevel today and was thinking maybe people would be surprised to see the new snow at 1650

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kaiser wrote:
Driving up to Courchevel today and was thinking maybe people would be surprised to see the new snow at 1650

Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We had a quick spin up the mountain this morning, but it was very foggy from about 2000m- proper pole to pole skiing. The snow felt pretty good above around 2000m..a maybe 5-10 cm of fresh and fluffy stuff on the pistes, but skiing all morning (let alone all day) in such conditions didn’t appeal, so we did a couple of laps up the Granges chair-down Allemands and Grand Lac, then called it a day after a coffee. The clouds have lifted a bit since then. We’re saving our strength for our last morning tomorrow before we head home.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very foggy all day in VT today, poor visibility which was a shame with all the new snow - got all the way down to the bottom of the Plan de l'Eau chair on proper snow. High up was grim as it was not only foggy but very windy and cold. Looked like it would clear up mid-afternoon and had one good blast down the red run from the Lac Blanc chair but then the low cloud closed in again. Hoping for a good day tomorrow as the forecast is much better - will start early as it will be very mild again by afternoon and looks warm/hot on Friday
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Powder to slush in 3 hours
Glorious
snow report

snow report

latest report
I’m officially ratified Smile

https://www.latania.co.uk/blog/2024/04/12/escapade-2024-regular-visitor-greg-complete-the-challenge/
latest report
@kitenski, Very Happy
snow report
Very warm here in VT today. Skied down from Cime de Caron around 1pm, fantastic for the first 500m descent but then slushy below 2700m so called it a day after a late lunch. There's still some great skiing out there but as always for April, get out early, stay high and finish early!
latest report
@kitenski, bravo! Great stuff Very Happy
snow report
Just off the mountain at VT after our family week. We’ve pretty much had a bit of everything from hot slush, fresh snow, blue skies and freezing fog! First two days and last two days were very warm, with a couple of cold, snowy and poor visibility days sandwiched between. Pretty much what we’ve experienced here the last couple of April trips.

Had a great time though. Up early and finish early has been the way of things and whilst it’s changeable in the forecast for the next 14 days there won’t be a lack of snow for those coming out for end of season.

A highlight was skiing my first ever black and having my daughters join me (show me the way/on standby for rescue). It was hard going but a good achievement and with only a total of 5 weeks on snow since starting to ski really benefitted from practising technique on all types of snow/weather conditions.

Already looking forward to next year!
ski holidays

Still pretty good up high.
VT busy but Meribel and Courchevel dead
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
I’m officially ratified Smile

https://www.latania.co.uk/blog/2024/04/12/escapade-2024-regular-visitor-greg-complete-the-challenge/

Chapeau Greg (and Mrs @kitenski) - well done!
ski holidays
After one sunny Sunday & a patchy Monday, the slush in VT was extending fairly high up the slopes.

All change today though, sub-zero at resort & predicted to be -6°C & windy on the slopes this afternoon.

Wrap up warm folks!

(and yes, it is now snowing as well, a video would have also shown the wind speed...)
ski holidays
Arrived home after a fabulous fortnight in VT, dogs are complaining about the lack of snow to dive into, apologies to anyone if the 2 cocker spaniels wearing goggles wanted too many cuddles. I think I broke my daughter skiing around Courchevel on Thursday as she only joined me for a couple of hours on Friday afternoon. So now getting over the post-holiday blues by booking my 2025 ski trip to USA (daughter GCSEs next year are my excuse) Very Happy
snow conditions
@Snowmadmum, Hopefully you've left some snow - arriving on Saturday! Glad you had a brilliant time, and I would love to have seen the pups in goggles!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy