Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Monster Vario Poles (adjustable) good or not?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got anything to say about the Monster Vario poles that are adjustable in length, as I don't know much about these, but want to move from my aluminiums to something lighter/thinner

Are adjustable poles strong enough for just toddling about the blues/reds -the spec is as follows:

Extra-light EVA compact contour grip with grip zone on upper section; automatic strap system; upper section: Ø 14 mm Titanal; lower section: Ø 11 mm carbon; compass in grip; flex Wolfram tip; snowflake basket; screen print clear varnish
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sharon1953, at £35 they're not too pricey either.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marc gledhill, £30 on ebay but £6.00 post to add
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sharon1953, I've got carbon variable length poles made by... Can't remember who right now. Fine poles by any measure that can be applied. They do all the pole things that poles should. Didn't turn me into Franz Klammer overnight, but I'm not about to sue the pole company for that.
On the plus side: The variable length ( which once you have figured out the right length you probably won't ever change again ). Also the carbon light weight thing does ring my bell.
On the down side: Every thieving b'astard in the world will want to steal them from you. Never ever ever ever leave them outside a restaurant unless you want to buy new poles soon.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sharon1953, it might be good to know of a source of spare parts (expanders and sleeves). Komperdell stockists, perhaps?

I know of only one 3-section pole that could compete with one-piece series 4 Al or carbon for swing weight, the old Leki Ultralite Carbon SLS.

As for Mike Lawrie's concern, they should collapse down to fit on the back of a pack without trouble. That makes them quite interesting to snowboarders also.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mike Lawrie, Hadn't thought of the thieving aspect I must admit!! I use blades and although the experts say "don't use poles" I wouldn't want to be without them, great for keeping kids in their place as they try and push infront at lift queues, good for the flat spots that I always misjudge (because I can't skate properly) and good for correcting when off balance, which is most of the time!!! but wondering now if having to take them with me eveytime I need the loo or sit down to eat would be more trouble than it's worth, although I could use them to steady myself in my ski boots as I venture down the narrow, stone, spiral steps, that always seem to be where the loos are!!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/data/500/100_0237.MOV
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bloody hell comprex, that's steep!!! Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
comprex, good heavens, that's some black run!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FenlandSkier, yes, allright, the poles were more than the camera.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy