Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The FIS Ski WC 2023/24 Thread

Poster: A snowHead
swskier wrote:
Wow, that's not how I thought that race was going to finish!!

It was looking like another cake walk as the day before until that happened, but looks like clear daylight between Vlhova and the rest at the moment.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ster wrote:
swskier wrote:
Wow, that's not how I thought that race was going to finish!!

It was looking like another cake walk as the day before until that happened, but looks like clear daylight between Vlhova and the rest at the moment.

I don't know what she eats for breakfast but we all need some of that - it was phenomenal to see the level she was at vs. the rest of the pack.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I suspect, after a disappointing season last year when she focused on speed, she's now back focusing on slalom training
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave Ryding’s first race of the season tmrw - 1045 CET at Gurgl

Looks like hes doing guiding and a meet and greet on Sunday for anyone lucky enough to be there
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good luck Team GB! Missed the women's downhill training this morning. Hopefully the race goes ahead tomorrow.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
russ_e wrote:
Missed the women's downhill training this morning.

You didn't miss it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zermatt not coming up trumps again. Meanwhile over the pond LL looks good FIS. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@davidthornton, Why the eyeroll emoji? Lake Louise didn't want to hold races anymore.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LL wanted it but the Canadian budget wasn't in place. They did say though that future events might be possible: 24/25?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone else thinking Zermatt/Cervinia race would be better held in April? Could be the last race of the season.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Today's Women's DH at Zermatt/Cervinia cancelled because of high winds. Forecast for tomorrow's race is no better either.... Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dave Ryding 4th!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It was a great race today. Shame about the climate protesters. Well done Ryding.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
telford_mike wrote:
Dave Ryding 4th!

0.01 seconds off the podium

Billy Major 16th, great result.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That was a lot of fun, brilliant results for the brits - and Laurie Taylor was bloody fast before he crapped out!

I'm relatively ambivalent about the protesters in general, but did chuckle at the guy just getting dragged across the snow. Laughing Thought the commentators covered it well.
snow conditions
@ElzP, too fast, hence crapping out
latest report
@holidayloverxx, fair point but it was exhilarating to watch!
snow conditions
https://www.eurosport.com/alpine-skiing/gurgl/2023-2024/furious-henrik-kristofferson-has-to-be-restrained-as-ski-world-cup-in-gurgl-interrupted-by-climate-activists_vid2027632/video.shtml
snow conditions
He gave Dave a laugh! Eh oh!
ski holidays
Poor Billy, 0.02 from a top 15 finish.
latest report
Women's Giant Slalom in Killington now underway but Eurosport saying they can't get live pictures at the moment due to a satellite link problem. Sad

Edit: Eurosport has abandoned coverage of the 1st run due to the slight technical problem of no live pictures. rolling eyes Here's hoping they get it sorted in time for the 2nd run run at 6pm (UK time).
ski holidays
Today's Killington Woman's GS results highlights:

http://youtube.com/v/NIkd8GDaUf8

(note: I am in the USA and I don't know if there are any regional restrictions on this you tube link)

Slalom is tomorrow.
snow report
@randyw, link works here in the UK : Smile
snow report
Anyone notice how the Americans changed the ad-break to allow Paula to get a clean run!
snow report
90 wins for Shiffrin
snow report
Whitegoldsbrother wrote:
90 wins for Shiffrin

Incredible really. When Vonn was at her best, i didn't think we'd see anyone better....
snow conditions
I didn’t think Petra’s run could be bettered, but that was just so good! I suspect Mikaela keeps a personal tally of those wins which she feels she actually earned - and this is one of them.
latest report
Think Petra thought she had done enough to take that one. Great to see Wendy back in contention.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Incredible from Shiffrin, the greatest ever, achieved with incredible style.

She shuts out pressure.
snow report
I see that today there is due to be a men's and women's Giant Slalom in Mayrhofen (to replace the cancelled ones in Gurgl earlier this season). I'm just passing Mayrhofen in the taxi back to Munich airport as I post this, pity I can't stay and watch the races! Madeye-Smiley

I see the race is being held on red piste 15 down to Unterbergalm from the top of the Horberg area.
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, Mrs Swskier is on her first day of working at the Unterbergalm today, so has a front row seat. The restaurant isn't opening until Saturday but they're prepping everything ready.

Some well known names there including Katharina Gallhuber.

They were racing on the weekend also, so the piste wasn't accessible to the public.
latest report
That race in Mayrhofen is a NJR (National Junior Race), it is several rungs below a World Cup. It isn't restricted to U21 racers but organisers would give preference to them if a race was full.
ski holidays
rjs wrote:
That race in Mayrhofen is a NJR (National Junior Race), it is several rungs below a World Cup.

According to the FIS website Mayrhofen is hosting both NJR and FIS races this weekend (but not World Cup as you say).
snow conditions
Come on people where is the applause for Federica?
The Tremblant double, her second run in the blizzard yesterday was beyond world class.
Certainly showed Lara G B how to ski tough conditions.
snow conditions
Anyone here watch Odermatt’s two GS runs at Val D’Isere? Available on youtube.

He’s on a different level to everyone else. On an incredibly steep pitch with gate traps, he gracefully carved, whilst the others had to improvise/react at times.
snow conditions
Nice of Eurosport to mark key events on the programmes time line when catching up, except that they are absolutely rubbish (totally misplaced) and do tend to give things away by highlighting the provisional leader so not great at keeping the suspense if you didnt know the result.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 9-12-23 11:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Bib draw last night...left this morning so missing the races
snow report
Odd I thought I just watched 1st run live, with 2nd run starting in a couple of hours time?
snow report
@Rogerdodger, 2nd run 12 noon UK time
ski holidays
At last live Eurosport works!!!

Just watched Shiffrin win the St Moritz downhill. Stunning scenery and Mikaela Blush
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy