Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Security

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
4q wrote:
under a new name wrote:
@TopGooner,
Quote:

to make them very recognisable so mistaken collection doesn't happen

I don't think that's actually possible, always someone more stupid than your cunning plan.

Overheard (true), Who's the idiot who's put a cable lock on my skis?" (Weren't his, they were mine rolling eyes )

I had this, however I was the one who thought someone had put a lock on my skis. They are quite distinctive K2 Shreditor 102's which were a couple of years old with Marker Schizo bindings, -a white/blue one on one ski and a blue/white one on the other, so not exactly common. They must be the only other pair the same as mine in existence and someone had locked them together on the next rack along to mine Embarassed

Looks like the right one is much longer than the left one as well!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone used one of these before? Just came up from looking for "better" solutions to a cable lock but not sure if it's any good. Probably depends how tight you can get it around the breaks and how strong the whole thing is?

https://www.loqski.com/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
someblokecalledjack wrote:
Anyone used one of these before? Just came up from looking for "better" solutions to a cable lock but not sure if it's any good. Probably depends how tight you can get it around the breaks and how strong the whole thing is?

https://www.loqski.com/

I did come across it when looking for solutions.

I liked the look of it, but what put me off was:
a) The price
b) The fact that it can only lock 1 pair of skis
c) You would need to get the separate tether, if wanting to secure to a fixed object.....this could then be cut, the skis taken and then the lock broken, in the privacy of the thief's house.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks cr*p.

Doesn't lock to a fixed object.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks again for all your testimonials and responses! You have all been so kind and welcoming, and I appreciate all the time you have invested in helping me to make this project the best that it can be.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
@TopGooner,
Quote:

to make them very recognisable so mistaken collection doesn't happen

I don't think that's actually possible, always someone more stupid than your cunning plan.

Overheard (true), Who's the idiot who's put a cable lock on my skis?" (Weren't his, they were mine rolling eyes )

I had this , and since I have a name label on my skis ( which he was shaking agitatedly ), I addressed him by my own name and offered my commiserations. He look surprised and said "why have you called me that name" ? and so I pointed to the label. Watching the 20 seconds whilst the penny dropped was priceless.

All I ever use a lock for is to prevent accidental theft. It cost about £3. Anyone serious can cut through any lock you can reasonably carry in 10 seconds max.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy