Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Treasure Hunt 2024

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The treasure hunt I organised in Saalbach/Hinterglemm this January was so well received, and I enjoyed doing it so much, that I though I'd give people a heads-up that I'm going to be doing it again in 2024!

A little background: For those that used to listen to Simon Mayo’s Confessions, A few years ago there was a confession from a Major Q (wonder who that was?), about a fictional artist called ‘Van Kleist’. Well, since then, people have been noticing ‘Van Kleist’s’ everywhere, and pre-pandemic there was even a treasure hunt, The Hunt For The Golden FOKERs (Friend Of Kleist, Evocative Recogniser). Six Golden FOKERs were hidden around Britain, and by working out fiendishly clever and complicated clues, they could be found (think a cross between geocaching and Kit Williams Masquerade). It was totally free, no subscriptions, no personal details needed, nothing. Just find it, and it was yours.

So, with that in mind, 'Van Kleist' will be setting not just one, but two new treasure hunts next year. Last January it was 'The Hunt For The Wild FOKERs', this coming year it will be 'Well That Takes The Biscuit!'. If you want to do something different on the slopes, rather than just 'lift/ski to another lift/lift/ski to another lift, rinse and repeat', then this could be for you. There are going to be not four, but for 2024, there will be eight boxed Van Kleist medal creations, based around popular biscuit choices, but which one will be in which box? Just like before, there’s not going to be any complicated clues, just a ‘what3words’ reference on here, and a photo of the location on the Van Kleist facebook page. Find it, it’s yours, it's as simple as that! They'll be spread over two ski areas, over a month, and like before, totally free to take part.

The boxes will be attached using reusable zip ties, so when found please take everything with you. Just remember to post that it’s been found, with a picture (or not, and let other poor souls search in vain, as you sit there in your glory!). Wear your Van Kleist with pride at apres ski and elsewhere, and you never know, Van Kleist might make a personal appearance!

Happy hunting in 2024!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p062v235
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In the Ski Circus again?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not this year, spreading the love around a bit further.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wonder if our paths will cross again this season.....? I really enjoyed the hunt in Saalbach and am very proud of my medal and it's provenance! @tatmanstours, you'll have to venture outside of the valley to bag yourself a prize this time..... Or mug Geoff for his!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Prizes made and packed, three weeks to go till the first hunt begins!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just a quick reminder that the first of two treasure hunts starts in two days. I'll put where to find the details and locations on here in the evenings, beginning Sunday.

Happy Hunting!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here we go!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid025atqbUdmbVga9j7zsjDPE2YbLJ56kF3BYiz5sVocmNh78xZF3LTathpHEafKkS7hl&id=100050318002701
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Day 2, another prize is out there in the SkiWelt to find. Just use the what3words app to find them, and take what you find!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Ua2Mq8s1KB4LCYwso2sf5heZqe6FuViQp5mD2P8PxkgC3zpqPn1yzYirsgvQJFVkl&id=100050318002701
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’m (obviously) following this extremely closely as I would dearly love to have an original Van Kleist (chocolate digestive biscuit?) framed on my sitting room wall. But as I am going to the Südtirol this year, can I justify the cost of a day trip to the SkiWelt, knowing that there is a real risk that the true jet set may have beaten me to it?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JHS wrote:
I’m (obviously) following this extremely closely as I would dearly love to have an original Van Kleist (chocolate digestive biscuit?) framed on my sitting room wall. But as I am going to the Südtirol this year, can I justify the cost of a day trip to the SkiWelt, knowing that there is a real risk that the true jet set may have beaten me to it?

Well, there's the second part of the Treasure Hunt to come, in just over three weeks, in Solden.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another day, another prize to be found in Söll!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02SJCxkXdyBNe46yb8JDKFT32NNSSeJTgnYmyf8yscZT53imWMQXN5gY3Lsdoy7z43l&id=100050318002701
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Last prize of this batch is in position, and only one of four has been found so far.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid036qdUFQb1eqHUoBAHnWahQkfFMN1vtC4TQEq8869c2LDvkwWXcpzSJGfkL3PhSitEl&id=100050318002701
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think this year I should have returned to the SkiWelt.
My chances of owning a genuine VanKleist diminish by the day
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like there's three left to be found. So if you're up on the SkiWelt, towards Söll, here's the three what3words coordinates:

///soapy.dressy.sculptors
///impoverished.blizzards.lemon
///poems.arachnid.fineness

Keep your eyes peeled!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy