Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salt Lake City - New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going to be in Salt Lake City for 5 days skiing 29th December 2023 till 2nd January 2024....Skiing at Alta, Snowbird and Snowbasin....Any Snowhead interested in joining me to share car hire and accommodation costs and ski together let me know. I am advanced on and off piste but will probably stick to the piste in Utah.

I have the mountain collective lift pass for the season, so will be planning an Easter trip in 2024 as well to the west of Canada and Jackson Hole.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have fun, especially at Snowbasin, an unsung hero of North America. Maybe do some homework on getting in and out of LCC and adapt your schedule accordingly. It can be a serious cluster-f**k anytime, but particularly during your timeframe. Two hours inching your way back to Sandy is nobody’s idea of a good time. A $1 billion gondola and parking garage project has been floated but-breaking news-its controversial.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you Scooter. I will bear that in mind. What times of day would you avoid in Little Cottonwood Canyon. Is there much traffic going to Snowbasin?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I stayed in Salt Lake City for 10 days (with my Brother, who lives in the States) and skied in Alta, Snowbird, Park City and Solitude. It's great and you'll have a fantastic time. Unfortunately, I won't be joining you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Curtis Couloir, I go way early; less traffic, closer parking, first on lift, etc. I also leave early, to miss the traffic. Quality over quantity in this case. You won’t have the road to yourself going to Snowbasin, though by comparison you will. And you can get 10,000 vert in an hour on the John Paul chair. You might consider staying in Ogden, it’s cheap and convenient. For an unusual, artsy old-school ski area vibe, consider a day down at Sundance, especially if you’re tired and sort of going through the motions.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scooter in Seattle, Thanks for the advice. It is appreciated. I am looking forward to it. Can you recommend any particular accommodation in SLC or Ogden?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It looks like you will be flying solo, so it may not make financial sense to rent a small condo near Pineview Reservoir in Huntsville. This would be enjoyable and close to Snowbasin. You could get one with a hot tub. Might make more sense to grab the Hilton in downtown Ogden, which is in a redeveloped area so there are some decent dining options nearby. Clean and convenient, but definitely not dripping with character.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheaper option - when i stayed in SLC i stayed in a hostel, 6 beds to a room idea, somehwere close to the baseball stadium. Took the public bus up both cottonwood canyons for Alta/Snowbird/Brighton/Solitude ski areas. Bus was a bit slow but also managed to get lifts from people with cars staying at hostel often for some gas money. Worked out pretty well, got people to ski with and lifts. Even got a lift to Jackson Hole from SLC from staying there.
Never noticed any traffic issues from SLC to resorts.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy