Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas in soll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading in motorhome to soll for Christmas. First time with 2 dogs and partner never skied.
So to keep him happy after few falls, any recommendations for restaurants for Christmas Dinner? Also do you need to book?
Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@LittleL, welcome to Snowheads!

It will be a busy time, and booking is advised. The best place in town is Auf da Muhle, which does excellent steaks but also has other options including pizza.

There are several other options including Italian, traditional Austrian, American at the Schulhaus, or there may be options in the main hotels though in recent years some have been residents only due to lack of staff.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@LittleL, In Austria and other southern German speaking areas Christmas Day itself is no big deal, the main celebrations are on the afternoon / evening of Christmas Eve. Christmas lunch is traditionally goose, turkey will be hard to find. That said Christmas can be pretty busy so you will be best advised to book somewhere to eat. Assuming decent conditions the toboggan run down from Hochsöll is really good, hire toboggans from the lift station, floodlit too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah that's good to know about Xmas eve etc. Will make most of that day. Skied in austria several times so do love traditional Austrian places to eat do will have look.
Toboggan sounds cool, wonder if can sneak dogs on Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Auf da Muhle would be my choice and after that Schindlhaus. If it has to be traditional Austrian I think Feldwebel is probably the best choice. You'll definitely need to book and it's entirely possible that some places won't be open.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@LittleL, I would be cautious about taking the dogs on the toboggan run. It is popular with teenagers who have a habit of taking the corners rather fast which can be an issue if there happens to be a crashed toboggan (or dog) on the track. A few years back we took my father in law down, then in his late 70's (much to my mother in law's disapproval!) he had a good time but at one point he came off and we had a few nervous moments getting him out of the way of the on coming traffic.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy