Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking - Aple D'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bit confused by the parking arrangements in Alpe D'huez
I see on the website there's payed covered parking , and some on street parking but you need a blue disc , but can only park for 90 minutes 9.30 am to noon and from 2.30 pm to 7.30 pm.
Also list free car parking in certain areas
How can you tell if its a blue badge parking area or a normal free Area
Also in the bottom on the town in the L'eclose area there lots of apartment buildings with large car parks or lots of street parking , would this be free parking for anyone or reserved for the apartment buildings.
thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VX8gZCtUn2uKe7xy8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YSDeF9BpdeHmwTMS7
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure about the blue disc idea, these are the signs in Eclose, it's so you can park to go to shop, cafe etc. https://www.google.com/maps/@45.0874416,6.0680383,3a,15y,47.52h,98.79t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s-uuHjF9k-H7x583vPdXJ_w!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fs

Your first from the left red arrow is indeed free parking but it gets full in busy periods.

The middle red arrow is the same place as your street view image, it used to be private parking for that block but it's now free public. Again rammed in busy times.

I think the right hand red arrow is private for that block of apartments but there is / was some free parking opposite behind the sports centre, on the remnants of the old ice driving track.

If you are staying the week, it's possible you will have to park your car some way away from where you are staying after dropping your luggage. If you arrive earlier on a Saturday you stand a better chance of nabbing a space after someone has left for home.

Parking in ADH gets more difficult every year as they build more apartment blocks on the car parks......
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @skitow,

So im guessing you can park for free in most of the bays with white lines but the blue bays have the restrictions

2 of the 4 apartments im looking at have parking spaces apparently , so hopefully wont be a problem . We are arriving Friday around 1pm ish , so hoping to miss the Saturday congestion ??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wasley wrote:
Thanks @skitow,

So im guessing you can park for free in most of the bays with white lines but the blue bays have the restrictions

2 of the 4 apartments im looking at have parking spaces apparently , so hopefully wont be a problem . We are arriving Friday around 1pm ish , so hoping to miss the Saturday congestion ??

Yes, that's how I understand it. Arriving Friday will certainly help. To put it into perspective I have never failed to find somewhere near our place in Eclose, that has no parking of it's own just a drop off / unloading bay. I try not to use the car in the week anyway.
Alpe d'Huez is an easy place to get around even if you have to dump the car some way away anyway.
It has got more difficult though as they have built appartments on parking ares and not replaced them. When / if they do build a cable car from Bourg d'Oisans I would be quite happy to leave my car down there. Appreciate that is not the same for someone on a single week holiday.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy