Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap weeks skiing, road trip to the French Alps 6th Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. I'm looking to repeat my annual road trip to the French Alps and need some company to lighten the costs. Did it last year to La Plagne skiing Les Arc as well and it cost just shy of £600 each all in inclusive of lift pass and that was with 4 of us in the car. Can manage up to 4 of us in the car with a roof box on there is just enough room for general luggage and ski gear as long as your not looking to take more than 1 pair of skis each. The more there are the cheaper both the transport and accomodation costs will be but if it was just 2 of us I still expect to manage it for under £650 and obviously more room in the car for gear. Exact location is open to negotiation but it's definitely going to be self catering to keep the cost down. Traveling on Friday 5th Jan to Dover from the north west and happy to pick up anywhere reasonable in the way or meet at Dover. Everything else is open to discussion apart from the dates as im a shift worker and my holidays are set in stone so its got to be that week. I'm a fairly advanced skier but happy to ski with all abilities on or off piste. Over several road trips i have had the pleasure to meet some extremely friendly and interesting people through Snowheads and cant wait to do it all again so get in touch if your interested.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rolyyyyyyy, Good evening Roly would be interested in joining but have a few things to sort currently flying to Geneva on 12th January but dependant on where your thinking of going it could be possible meet up with them at Geneva or in resort (Nendaz). Based near Preston , 58 yrs Enthusiastic Skier.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @P2248derry, not 100% sure how it would work getting you to Geneva on the Friday but certainly worth looking at. Location wise it's probably going to be a toss up between Les sybelles, paradiski, valloire, alp dhuez, or somewhere similar. Kind of depends on how many of us are going and what budget were comfortable with.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @rolyyyyyyy have a few things to sort let me look at onwards travel options and ill get back to you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi @rolyyyyyyy. I may well be interested in joining your trip and (probably) have an apartment (owner) to offer in Orelle (3Vs link obvs) which comfortably sleeps up to four. Easy road access to other resorts you mention in Maurienne. Once v keen skier (now 58yrs) but haven't been for quite a while due to injury, COVID and other personal circs Eh oh! . Have committed to an off-piste hol later in season but desperately need a week in Jan to check if I can still ski and various body parts will hold up Eh oh! . I live on the Wirral so fit the NW criterion as well. I have no idea whether or not my apt is free that week since it is managed by a third party but, if its a goer, I can get another within the complex no doubt. Let me know if this sounds of interest to you. Cheers Wetheral1
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi @wetheral1, pm me and we can have a chat. Currently looking at Sunweb and Snowtrex to book with again as you get your lift pass in the price but if there are other options more than happy to look into it with you.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shocked
Ps just noticed I haven't posted my own age on this thread yet! I'm 55 but still think I'm 25 once I hit the piste but a rebuilt ACL from an old ski accident keeps me from going too crazy.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What a GREAT idea.

If I had a spare weeks holiday in 2024 I would be on this like a shot (50ish based in Manchester) as I think the mrs has now given up on skiing.

I might try and see of I can keep a week spare for 2025 just in case this becomes regular.

As an aside, what transport have you got, and would you need people to share the drive (especially through the boring night bit)?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi @kiteman69, for info I have a VW Touran which is a 7 seater but obviously the rear 2 need to be down to get enough boot space. Stick a full length roof box on and it's just about enough space to get 4 people's kit onboard as well as a few provisions we normally pick up at the local hypermarket on the Saturday morning before heading up the hill. I usually put at least 1 extra person on my insurance to share the drive although last year I did the whole trip down myself as I was feeling fine all night. Glad I did as I wasn't so wide awake on the way home. I know it sounds a bit hard core to drive all night and then go skiing but it gives you that extra day and lets you get your ski legs back on without loosing a full days skiing and with a long lunch and early finish with a few beers / glasses of red it's always been worth the hard push overnight in my opinion.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
driving all night doesn't bother me, just got back from the south of france in the motorhome (not really winterised so can't take it skiing), and the late crossing from dieppe - newhaven meant I was fired out onto empty roads.

PS, fill up before you get to france as fuel over there is a lot more than here at the moment. (check out this site of you don't know it already)

https://www.quechoisir.org/carte-interactive-prix-carburants-n99140/

But anyway, good luck in filling your seats, and I do hope you do a little update thread in January with how it went Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi there. I'm a 60 yr old "lady" who thinks shes half that age ( Eh oh! ) who'd be interested. If it's Valloire that would be good as hopefully more snow sure. I could meet you at Dover as I live on the south coast.
I'm on a bit of a budget but know Sunweb has good deals...I have no snow buddies so looking for company... Eh oh!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi @Mossity, no problems picking up on the south coast, picked up in Whitstable last trip. Personally spent a good amount of time in Valloire over the years and know the place very well. Currently thinking it's maybe best to leave exactly where to go til close to departure to see where the snow lands and try and get the last minute discounts like we did last year. Took a good £100 each off the price and we ended up in an 8 berth luxury apartment instead of a shoe box which was super impressive for self catering in France. PM me and we can exchange phone numbers and see if this sounds like it will work for you. Eh oh! Eh oh!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all,
Just a quick update for anyone watching this thread and thinking is this the right trip for me! Its looking like we may ski the 3 valleys and base ourselves around Orelle. As this wouldnt be ski in ski out we would really need to stick together as a group when skiing pretty much throughout so ideally looking for upper intermediate to advanced skiers. Should still be able to do this on a reasonable budget even to the 3 valleys on a full area pass. Currently 2 of us & pricing this up its going to be between £725 - £775 each all in with the full area lift pass for 7 days. If there are 3 of us its £600 -£630 and with 4 its £550 -£575.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi again,
I can confirm its definitely going to be a trip to Orelle to ski the 3 valleys next year. Still just the 2 of us committed to this so far but for anyone who is looking at this and saying you cant possibly do it for that price and that it looks too good to be true i can now tell you why! The other Gentleman going with me owns an apartment in Orelle and has just confirmed its available for the week pretty much free of charge. Obviously any tourist taxes due, fees for bedding, cleaning etc would be payable but in a very generous gesture he has waived his fee for the week.
latest report
Looks like a great deal and nice and cheap but feel like I may be slightly to young being 21 to fit along with you two guys Eh oh! . But am an advanced skiers who's been skiing since 3 and raced a bit
ski holidays
Hey @Bros10, age is just a number especially when it comes to sliding down the side of a mountain. Would be more than happy to have you on this trip but as of today there are now 4 of us confirmed as going and another interested. Happy to give you a shout should things change if you want.
snow report
Do agree and sure we would all shred it, yeah no worries give me a shout if you need me to fill a slot of the situation changes.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy