Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for perfect jacket

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mollerski wrote:
Had an Arc Sidewinder back pre Norrona. A superbly built thing, but I just find their gear achingly boring. The Scandis just have style if you can tone down the mad colours.

Nah - Norrona is so 00's darling . . .would say both brands are actually pretty similar in terms of 'quality & simplicity' - Arc is now the choice of some grime artists (according to my kids) so therefore way more stylish innit - my no2 hooligan teenage child was trying to 'borrow' my Zeta the other day to 'go out' in. . .just hope they don't go the same way as TNF!

In terms of the OP - was looking at these last season as pre Arc was always a RAB advocate - RAB Khroma Latok Goretex Pro - has ALL the pockets (inc chest pocket) but does have what look like vaguely annoying neoprene wrist cuffs Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Belch, RAB?! It's all Cotswold and 'look how outdoorsy I am' innit? Razz TNF went to chav wear, but has come back to a degree. Spyder have actually up'd their game by sponsoring cool freeriders and making them some quite nice kit. The lairey 'fat yank' jackets are still available.

My freeride son whom is too cool to even wear a jacket, informed me that the Arc 'chacet' was on the rise on the streets. Let's face it, when did anything stylish ever come out of North America? Leave that to the Europeans. Ah! there are Canada Goose, Moose Knuckles........ Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 24-09-23 11:52; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mollerski, RAB for Ski wear is a diff proposition to RAB for Sainsburys / Chelsea tractor driving! Still a rare find on ze slopes - more so than Arc tbf . . Anyway - since they no longer hand-stitch their gear in a cold lake district shed by 60 something seamstresses called Hatty I'm no longer interested (its not the kit it used to be) hence me going all ghetto ninja as your son quite correctly points out. To be honest the Arc gear is solid and dependable, much like Norrona. If it makes you feel better I do have an eye on the Norrona Recon kit for my true passion . . .fishing. Bit OTT just to get covered in slime tho . . . Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Scarlet, I stand corrected snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is no perfect jacket. Which is why I have so many.

For the hand stitched thing PHD hasn't apparently sold out yet and are made in Stalybridge.
I've a lot of their down stuff. They do shells also, although I've no experience of those. They will custom build, and use actual sizes in cm, so there's no "size inflation" problem.

You could try 66 North. Slim fit though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Personally, I'd go for the hillwalking type of shell for better pockets for the map ,although few of those will have a low-sleeve pocket for lift pass, if at all. Obviously there tends no to be a powder skirt in these. The larger/lower pocket may well give a better position for a lift pass to work.
All things considered, I'd just stop being careless with sharp edged skis on my sleeve.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
Reasonable asks, but if you have to let one go, there are other ways to deal with passes than pockets. I like the gizmo that holds my pass on my goggle strap. At some resorts, you have to have the pass out to be shot by the liftie, and pockets suck there no matter their position.

Some gloves also have heater pockets and lift passes fit nicely in there too.

I use Snow Deer heated snowboard mittens, and besides being waterproof, they also have as you mentioned a battery pocket. The battery pocket easily holds a folded pass!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy