Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bolzano to Selva - no hire car pick up on Sundays?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just looking to try to piece a DIY trip together - big group of friends are going but staying in a £££ hotel which we can't afford ! It's half term week and they're going Sunday to Sunday and they all fly from Manchester.

We're down in London so plenty of flight options into various airports from London, Bolzano looks cheapest and most convenient but whenever i search for car hire nothing to collect on Sundays - anyone have any experience or a workaround?

If it's easy to get from Bolzano Airport to Selva di V. Gardena on public transport I'd happily do that but we would arrive at 5pm on a Sunday so wouldn't want to get stuck!

thanks in advance Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fly to Venice on the Saturday and get a car from there. Unless the Manchester flight is a charter (or private jet - also not affordable!), they will be Venice or Verona......?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@becks5109, There are regular trains from Bözen to Waidbruck / Ponte Gardena. I would guess there are connecting buses up the Grödental / Val Gardena as Südtirol is very keen on public transport, best source of info would be the Tourist Office. Bözen airport is small so any hire car desks will have limited opening hours. Lot closer than Venice though (I seem to remember only one stop on the train mostly in a long tunnel).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks - good idea re the tourist office not sure why I didn’t think of that - thank you !
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As said above, there are regular trains. A taxi shouldn't be a killer from Bolzano. You can get some quotes and book in advance. We use Auto Dul or Auto Sella which are Selva based companies.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try Viaggi Gardena in Selva - they are a local coach/taxi company.
+39 0471795150
info@viaggigardena.com
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://www.suedtirolmobil.info/en run on a sunday €6.50
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
we just spent some time looking at transfer scenarios around this general area.

Unfortunately if car hire prices next year are the same as this one then it's probably cheaper to get taxis than hire a car for the week!

There are a few websites that give you taxi prices e.g. https://www.taxiautosella.it/en ca Eur160 each way from Bolzano airport or Eur68 from Ponte Gardena (need to get from Bolzano airport to train station, then train up the valley to PG)

when looking at buses just make sure the winter timetable is available, they don't tend to run as often during winter and the normal bus timetables aren't released yet so don't assume that the timetable will be the same as e.g. October.

also no train station at Bolzano airport so public transport could be bus, train, bus which you might not want to risk on a Sunday pm/eve in Winter, quite a few connections...

FWIW the cheapest route for our group based in North England was to fly to Verona and get a private transfer, but that was on a Saturday, they didn't want to drive and not in school hols. It's also a reasonable length drive on an evening so we went for mid day flights out, late pm back. presumably you can't tie in timings with your big group?

If you can stomach the Eur320 return taxi cost then that is the most reliable and gives you a worst case cost.

enjoy your trip, it's a great area
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy