Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ortisei - Dolomites - Location

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I wonder if anyone knows Ortisei well?

I am looking at apartments in town and the ones available seem to be up towards the top of the town and not walkable (in boots anyways) to the lifts.

We would be aiming to ski more in Alpe Di Siusi, so would use to Seiser Alm lift.

Does anyone know if the buses are regular/useful or if there is somewhere to leave boots and skis in town so we could walk back?

Hopefully this makes sense?

Many thanks - yet again
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're in the town, it's all walkable. Promise. Madeye-Smiley

BTW. Did you know that the godfather of disco, Giorgio Moroder is from Ortisei? Razz

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 14-09-23 16:23; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
its a 12 min walk from the lift Funicolare Resciesa so its quite far.....(off to the left of the map)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
When we stayed in Ortisei we were actually out of town at the end of a bus route. The busses on that route were infrequent but very reliable for timing. We didn't have a problem using busses but only skied the Alpe di Suisi once.
The town itself is lovely.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ok - thanks - so its manageable but maybe not ideal.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Haha - just realised that you had typed about George Moroder - whose name I only recognise because of Phil from the Human League.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CeliaCo wrote:
ok - thanks - so its manageable but maybe not ideal.

If you're actually in the town, not at either end, it's essentially over the bridge and up a slope. If you're skiing mostly Alpe Di Suisi, have you considered staying up there? It's mostly pretty swanky. Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes its all hotels and if we want to go out for dinner - there isnt much to do.

Im not skiing so want to be somewhere with a bit of life during the day.

And my son is a bit nervous and this area looks more gentle than the sella ronda.

Have found a ski hire place that also acts a depot for skis and boots so they can leave their stuff there overnight.

Thanks for your help.

Alot of research for a holiday when I dont even ski - haha Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@CeliaCo, The Seceda side is only a little more challenging and absolutely stunning. The 10.5km La Longia run has to be done. The Curona Hutte on La Longia is our absolute favourite. If you flutter your eyelashes enough at Werner the owner, he may be persuaded to pick you up from the cable car station with his skidoo. That way you could have an amazing lunch on the mountain at the Curona Hutte with your family. He did it once for my In-laws whom don't ski. Madeye-Smiley https://www.curona.it/en/winter.asp
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh my god - really??? That would be so fab. I do get a bit bored by myself but love being in the mountains.

Thank you!

Still havent decided where to stay though.

Out of town (but looks lovely) or in town for twice the price?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We took the bus from Selva to Ortisei and skied around there for a day. It's a great ski area and the town is lovely. 12mins really isn't far in ski boots. Head out a bit earlier and stop for a coffee and cake before heading up to the slopes Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@CeliaCo, if you fancy tobogganing then there's a toboggan run from the top of the Funicolare Resciesa, and I believe they rent out toboggans.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@CeliaCo,
As a non-skier, you can get to the top of Seceda (two cable cars).
The cable car station at the top incorporates a very good restuarant with fantastic views... Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alastair Pink wrote:
@CeliaCo, if you fancy tobogganing then there's a toboggan run from the top of the Funicolare Resciesa, and I believe they rent out toboggans.

I saw that - and thats one of the reasons why i choose this area!

thank you
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
albob wrote:
@CeliaCo,
As a non-skier, you can get to the top of Seceda (two cable cars).
The cable car station at the top incorporates a very good restuarant with fantastic views... Smile

ah thats great to know - thank you!
snow report
Thank you everyone for your help. Much appreciated
snow report
You can rent your equipment from the hire shop at the Alp de Suisi gondola and then leave overnight in a locker there. Walk through town in normal shoes, very easy
snow conditions
We stayed in Ortisei for 6 weeeks last winter, with skiers and non skiers at various times. We rented one of these apartments https://www.petlin.it/en/
closer to the Alpe di Suis gondola (about 7 mins walk) but the Secada was also doable (10 mins walk), we did it in skis and boots. Non skiers enjoyed the toboggan runs at both Resciesa and around Alpe di Suisi. There are so many wonderful walks of all levels there and if you want to venture further, the buses were very frequent. Its a great choice in my view. Very Happy
snow report
Mollerski wrote:

BTW. Did you know that the godfather of disco, Giorgio Moroder is from Ortisei? Razz

That's mad, very rural area for someone so avant garde
ski holidays
8611 wrote:
Mollerski wrote:

I spotted it once on Wiki and was quite taken aback. Up until recently he held a free summer gig in the town. I'd probably pop over to catch it if he did another. There may not be too many more. Confused If you look around at the shop owner names in Ortisei, there are quite a few Moroders. Mostly involved in the valley tradition of wood carving.
latest report
Last year they did an ice sculpture event in Selva and there were two Giorgio’s ones Very Happy one of which was amazing.

I think celiaco that Ortisei is a great choice , don’t forget you also have a spa for the non skier and it is very easy to go to Bolzano to visit Otzi.
snow report
Harrow lady wrote:

don’t forget you also have a spa for the non skier and it is very easy to go to Bolzano to visit Otzi.

Good shout. wink
snow conditions
Mollerski wrote:
Harrow lady wrote:

don’t forget you also have a spa for the non skier and it is very easy to go to Bolzano to visit Otzi.

Good shout. wink

thank you all - super excited for once to book a ski holiday!!
snow report
Mollerski wrote:
8611 wrote:
Mollerski wrote:

I spotted it once on Wiki and was quite taken aback. Up until recently he held a free summer gig in the town. I'd probably pop over to catch it if he did another. There may not be too many more. Confused If you look around at the shop owner names in Ortisei, there are quite a few Moroders. Mostly involved in the valley tradition of wood carving.

How cool. You learn something everyday. So Ortisei is where he talks about at the beginning of his origin story

http://youtube.com/v/zhl-Cs1-sG4?si=WCIfB7f6rXbZOgPw
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy