Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has Westbeach gone belly-up?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
While I was looking for something for someone, I happened to google the Westbeach brand and it appears they've shuttered their website and SocMed profiles.
I've been using WB gear for over 20 years and always found it to be good quality and very good value for money, but it looks like they've gone.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't find much but this looks terminal.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@musher, that's dated Feb 2012! Maybe they almost went down before or got picked up by a bigger fish back then and have finally been wound up. Doesn't look good for them now though...

::EDIT:: that 2012 article relates to their physical store in Van.BC which closed, the overall business kept going.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it was on the decline and had become a pricepoint brand from it's heady position at the turn of the millennium. Certainly saw less of the kit over here or on hill in US/Canada in recent years.

Interesting that the founder flogged it in other to found Lululemon and thus Westbeach has played a direct role in the entire athleisure industry and the infliction of billions of aspirational yoga selfies on the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_Wilson
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought a couple of things from westbeach in the last decade, at which point they were based in Manchester - that's Manchester in north west england. THe jacket I bought for Mrs NBT went back as it didn't have a ski pass pocket on the sleeve, which I think is pretty basic requirement for a ski Jacket (yes I know you can get round it but if you're spedning money, it should be right)

I bought a pair of insulated ski trousers which were great, except 1) they were snowboard trews, so no gaiters on the ankles to stop ski boots cutting through the fabric, and b) the seam in the crotch hadn;t been sewn correctly so there was a big hole where the fabric didn't meet. They did offer to fix it when I got back, so I sent them in, but the company lost them and could only offer a free replacement from whatever they had in stock. I got some but have never used them as they're uninsulated
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They used to make jackets for Camp of Champions, and I had one of those. I like their logo still.

In the early days snowboarding apparel was massive and lots of people achieved amazing market penetration really quickly. The key driver, I think, was that they weren't the same old ski clothing companies, so "technical" stuff was a negative. They had to be new brands, old would not do. For a while. Eventually they all "went bank", selling to less nimble organizations.

I didn't realize he was the Lulu bloke - good for him. He really got the marketing right for escape velocity with that one.
Presumably from 1997 Westbeach was a cash cow; if you liked it before, you probably wouldn't like it later.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They've not gone belly up. They've been sold back to (let's just say) a Canadian company.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oooh cryptic! It's Tim Hortons isn't it?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy