Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter 24 les arcs vs La Rosiere vs Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone experience of the following at Easter?

Les arcs 1600
La rosiere
Cervinia

Looking at snow report from last year La Rosiere had the best

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cervina first choice , then La Rosiere but only to access La Thuile I’d rather stay in La Thuile then Arc 1600 .
I have skied them all at that time of year . The Italian resorts will be less busy , Les Arcs is always busy and La Rosiere’s recent bed growth accompanied with the two new lifts has made it very busy indeed i ski there regularly from Sainte Foy to go to lunch in La Thuile and I couldn’t wait to get over the border because it was so busy at times last season .
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Bmf21uk, I've skied in Arc 1600 at Easter, even when it has been late in April for more or less the last 20 years. Skiing has always been possible and usually good, especially when Easter is in March or early April as it will be in 2024. We have taken a day trip to La Rossiere at Easter before and the snow was nowhere near as good. Even last year Arc 1600 had excellent snow on Easter Sunday. Our one trip to Cevinia at Easter was not brilliant (Easter was very late that year and we were staying in Zermatt)

My rankings would be
Arc1600
Cervinia
La Rosiere
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cervina and la Ross are south facing and the snow gets poor quickly.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, other option is les arcs 1600 in feb, as that’s the only place with hotel availability out of the three
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Arc 1600 will be very crowded from Feb 10th for the following 4 weeks of half term. Whereas the spring school holidays do not start until April 6th, the week after Easter. There is more likely to be more snow at the end of March than the middle of Febuary, it will not get dark until later as well. The main drawback to be aware of is the sun. It is fierce and unless you use factor 50 sun burn is a definate risk.

Personally I would head out on Good Friday or even overnight drive on the Thursday (beware most of Belgium will be heading south that night as well). Acutally I will be heading out to Arc 1600 that week.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Bmf21uk, are you effectively saying you are restricted to school holidays?

If so best to stick with when the schools break up. Ours break up 28th March 2024 (a Thursday as Easter is early and 29th is Good Friday). February HT is best avoided if you an because prices will be high and it will be very busy.

Conditions wise shouldn't be any difference between Rosiere and Les Arcs as they are so close. Early April will be fine for piste skiing anyhow.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah, 2 kids and a wife’s who’s a teacher!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bmf21uk wrote:
Yeah, 2 kids and a wife’s who’s a teacher!!

Just as a matter of interest, any reason why you're only looking at those 3?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Availability of accommodation and skiing ability. Need easy blues but also red/blacks for daughters

Been to Slovenia, val theorens and saalbach, so newish to skiing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A no brainer for me. I've skied La Ros twice and don't rate it. Cervinia 4 times and I really like the place. Many will disagree. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mother hucker wrote:
cervina and la Ross are south facing and the snow gets poor quickly.

That's odd. I've never had good snow in La Ros and never had bad snow in Cervinia. Confused
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We've been to Les Arcs, La Plagne and La Rosiere over Easter.

All of them should be quite decent, but it will, of course, depend on the season and weather..

My pick would be Les Arcs, the runs around Plan Peisey seem to hold up well. Les Arcs gives some excellent choices, especially if you can avoid the more popular pistes.

As always get out as early as possible and make use of the slopes until they get chopped up and slushy. Then head high, but accept that the way home will be a bit porridgy..
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1 on les arcs, been probably 5 times at Easter, and even in the bleakest years snow held up well. Done la rossiere lots at Easter too, and never had an issue with snow quantity but south facing means it slushes out quick and less altitude to play with. You can also have a day out in la plagne (but wouldn't recommend a whole week there over les arcs)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Les menuires?
snow conditions
Thanks everyone, booked la cachette in les arcs
snow conditions
Bmf21uk wrote:
Thanks everyone, booked la cachette in les arcs

Its had a nice upmarket makeover with the change of ownership....and it's very handy for shops and lifts. Good choice.
latest report
@Bmf21uk, Is that for Easter? If so might see you in the bar there or the Abrevoir one evening (come out of the main hotel entrance, turn left and it's 50m down on the right). The hotel has a nice terrace just below the Combettes lift. Perfect for an Apres Ski drink on a spring evening.

ps I think you have made a good choice.
latest report
JohnE yeah 29th March - 8th April, thanks for info, will look out for it, I’m a 6’3 red head so hard to miss Very Happy
snow conditions
@Bmf21uk, i'm 1.70 over 70 with white hair and walk with a distinct limb. Also hard to miss as I'm usually the oldest man in the bar. If you need any advice on Les Arcs, such as where to ski, what to do etc don't hesitate to ask. As Iv'e said earlier I've been going to Les Arcs for over 40 years and skied every run, including many that no longer exist.

Of the things not to be missed I'd include a trip down to Bourg st Maurice on the funicular. Sit at the very front and enjoy a ride that puts most funfare rides to shame.
snow report
Only just seen this and see you’ve booked Les arcs. In case anyone else is thinking between these resorts these are my thoughts.

I’m my opinion la rosiere tends to have better quality snow at the same altitude than Les arcs partly due to receiving more in the first place and partly due to Les arcs being busier overall. Eg in 2022 in mid April La rosiere had better snow cover than arc 1800 at the same altitude. La thuile was better still as north facing.

I don’t know cervinia but I think it is north facing not south facing as someone says above.

I think either Les arcs or la rosiere would be ok at Easter. La rosiere/la thuile combined win on snow cover with the likelihood of quiet pistes on the la thuile side and good snow cover but soft pistes (in the afternoon sun) on the la rosiere side. I would stay in La rosiere (as lots of high end accommodation) but ski mainly in La thuile. Les arcs is excellent for variety which is why I still enjoy skiing there but it is a pity it is a lot busier than it used to be.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy