Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slalom Skis for Short Woman

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A Group member suggested junior race skis for us short women.

I am after a good slalom ski to get cranking carving turns with pencil thin tracks on new corduroy, but have noticed the high performance slalom skis are too long for me. I am 152cm tall, 110lbs, pretty strong so looking at Rossignol Hero Athlete SL 150cm - this is junior race ski ( nonFIS). Can't demo them but looking at buying second hand. Friend pointed out that they may be "too soft", being made specifically for Under 16 yr old racer ( Heros are unisex skis, I think I am lighter and less strong than a 14 year old teenage boy). Seeking advice from the hive.
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@KiwiAdey, skis don't know how tall you are...

That aside, 110lbs doesn't sound terribly heavy? What is it in kilos? I'd imagine the Rossis would work pretty well.

https://www.lifemeasure.com/weight-charts/boys/14-years-old => "In most cases, Boys weight measurements for this age group (14 years old) will lie within the range between 80.9 and 168.5 lbs. The average weight measurement for this age group Boys is 112 lbs, according to the CDC."
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, lmgtfy wink 110lbs is a smidge under 50kg.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Scarlet, haha - I could probably have worked that out but was making an SI standards based point wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@KiwiAdey, adult men race on the dry slopes around the UK on women's 157 SL's. You'll be fine on a set of 150s at your weight.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rossi/Dynastar are the same skis, so get either if you are trying to find some second hand.
Be aware that there is a big difference between a SL 149 and a 150. The 149 is a junior ski, whereas the 150 is an inbetweener ski for race kids to bridge the gap between junior race skis and full FIS skis which are 157 in Rossi/Dynastar. I would imagine the 150 would be much better for you.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@KiwiAdey, my wife (very similar size to you) uses the 149 SL and loves it. My son used them racing until he was about 14. He'd have been putting a lot more force on the ski than my wife does. If this is for "recreational carving" vs racing, I doubt you'll overpower a junior ski. I'm a lot heavier than you, and a 157 SL is fine for me.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy