Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UCPA insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I'm based in North American and just heard about the UCPA programs. Looks fantastic to me! Just wondering if the insurance they provided is considered good? Or are there any better options? Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been to many ucpa and don't recall their insurance at all. Just get your own insurance from north America.

And yes the programs are awesome dood!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Take out the best insurance the UCPA (or connected insurer) offer. Make sure it covers everything you need.
I didn't once, and when my plans were ruined the substandard bulls Confused Confused t I took out wouldn't pay out. All I wanted to do was go on the holiday I paid for.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Just get your own insurance from north America

Agreed. But if the small print seems to fit the bill (and would repatriate you to North America if you get broken), probably OK. Most people who rant about their insurance hadn't read the small print.....

Lots of UCPA enthusiasts here - including my daughter and son in law who've been several times, most recently with kids on a "family week" (these are rare, mostly there are no kids).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thought insurance wasn't included in the price.

As you'll be coming over the pond make sure whichever insurance you take out would include medivac back to the States.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Our son has done a number of UCPA alpine programs, and we got him insurance through Vieux Campeur (25 euros a year). We live in France so probably won't work for you, but I would definitely contact UCPA as @58ski, suggests and get a good plan. Medevac to US could be a good idea although you will also want to check with your own health insurer to see what if anything you are covered for.

FYI our son has done climbing and mountaineering, both in Argentiere, as well as surfing on the Atlantic coast and also climbing somewhere in the south of France. Our daughter has done several horse camps through UCPA.

And our neighbors met cute on an adult UCPA trip 20 years ago...we can't recommend them enough as they offer great value for money and extremely professional service.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all! My medical insurance is pretty good. It has global coverage. So my major concern is about the cancellation policy. From Google translate, it sounds to me that the UCPA insurance only covers cancellation costs incurred due to severe health issues, death, etc.

I'll probably get my own travel insurance as @gainz suggested.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@cpp, in France you are charged if you are rescued from the piste, e.g. if you fall and are brought down the mountain by ski-doo or helicopter. This is generally covered by UK insurance with winter sports add-on. It would be worth ensuring your insurance covers this.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
UCPA might be including, or recommending, Carré Neige to cover that.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sugarmoma666, @pam w, - thanks for the info. Can I get Carré Neige when I arrive at the ski resort? Its website does not seem to have an online purchase option.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@cpp, It's added to your lift pass either when you purchase it or can be added later at the lift pass office.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Since I'll join a UCPA program, will I still be able to add Carré Neige later? i.e. is the lift pass from ucpa different from the regular passes sold at the office?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@cpp, regular lift pass
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cpp wrote:
Since I'll join a UCPA program, will I still be able to add Carré Neige later? i.e. is the lift pass from ucpa different from the regular passes sold at the office?

You can take your lift pass which they have obtained for you in to the office and get carre neige added.
Or just ask them if they can add it when the obtain your lift pass.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy