Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing for 2

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to go skiing with my girlfriend, I normally go with a group of boys so theres loads of us. However all the holidays i'm looking at have a minimum of 2 people max. of 6 which means that we'll have to pay the underoccupancy for 4 people - wheres the best place to look to avoid this?
latest report
 brian
brian
Nick-o, I take it you're looking for a s/c apartment ?

If you want to go with a tour op then, unless you want to go in the school holidays (and why would you), then wait till last minute when the underoccupancy charges disappear and the prices come down or ....

do it diy, where do you want to go ?

You could bmibaby Cardiff to Geneva, then the French/Swiss alps are your oyster Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick-o,

We have had the same problem for a while as there is usually only 2 of us skiing or maybe 3

DIY is probably the best way to go - As Brian says you then have a genuine choice of where to go and wont have to choose somewhere just becaue it is affordable
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
if you rent apartments in France - the resort websites are a good place to start - you will pay "per apartment", so you can decide how much comfort and space you want to pay for. Alternatively, if you want to get a package, unless you are very decided on having your own company, you might find a catered chalet more convivial, and not much more expensive, especially if you do as brian suggests. One advantage of chalets is that there are usually a few groups of skiers of different standards, and a guide, and although you don't have to join in with the groups, it's usually well worth doing so. You won't be going at peak times (will you???) so there's really no argument for booking in advance. There are always last minute bargains, especially if you are flexible about where to go. However if you want to DIY, best book flights now (BMI baby have some good prices, and they will go up). It's very easy to DIY, especially as you already have experience of ski holidays. In the bigger resorts the websites will have English versions and people in the office who speak good English.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick-o, If Alpe d'Huez tempts you then drop me a PM and I can give you a couple of quotes - I look after a few apartments here and for sure out of big holidays the prices can be really interesting!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nick-o, Why don't you try a catered chalet?

We usually just go as a two as well and are going to La Rosiere in January - flying with easyjet to Geneva - works out very good value if booked now. snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy