Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia Summer Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recent feedback from Snowheads who have skied Cervinia in summer, particularly Aug/Sep?

Have skied there many times in winter and wondering if it’s worthwhile in summer. (We are happy with a short day ski as want to hike in the pm.)

Thanks folks!
Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Warren Smith has posted a fair few videos recently.... https://www.facebook.com/warrensmithski

Just remember he is trying to sell spaces on the courses Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@5RED, I was supposed to have done my L2 with Warren Smith last August, by which point the glacier had already been closed a few weeks and it didn't happen.

I think it's in better shape this summer than last, but I've not been paying too much attention, except for the WSSA videos on instagram.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski wrote:
Warren Smith has posted a fair few videos recently.... https://www.facebook.com/warrensmithski

Just remember he is trying to sell spaces on the courses Wink

Thanks! Yes have done the Warren Smith course before. I have to say the snow quality doesn’t look amazing in their recent videos. That said it snowed in Mont Blanc last night!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm out here doing a WS technique course. Arrived Saturday, skied sunday, but monday and tuesday closed due to bad weather. Some of the lower gondolas open, but the t-bars on the glacier was not.
The ski area that we're using (served by the t-bars) is about the size of 3-4 football pitches, approx half is 'steep', and half gentle. the area is very busy with race training.
The 'snow' is really effectively hard-packed ice first thing (I think lifts are open from about 8 on the glacier), softening to slush by mid-day, when the t-bars shut. First runs we've done, about 08.30, were rock-hard. Today was slightly better (due to delayed opening), so had softened a _little_.... but as only 1 t-bar open, 30 min waits... and that was for the short t-bar too. Eventually they got a 2nd open... and top of that was still icy at 13.00 when it shut.

In summary, if you're 'in the area', and fancy a half day warm up, its not bad.... but I'm now wishing I hadn't bothered.
Our instructor succinctly, and as we've found out, accurately, described it as 'skiing in a large indoor slope'.
To be clear, there are _some_ further areas that are accessible from Cervinia, principally by the new gondola, and I've not skied those...

As an aside, the hiking opportunities, and the scenery, are stunning, and well worth a day. Some exciting driving on some minor roads too!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I spent two weeks in Les 2 alpes, in July few years ago, it was nice to ski until 1pm, then second half doing MTB or trekking in the mountain, especially using ski lift infrastructure for mtb/walkers was included in day ticket. The experience is like having ice cream in the summer. But just for skiing no point in my opinion.

Have you checked the ski pass prices? Its showing me 95 EUR for 1 day skipass Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ed48 wrote:
I spent two weeks in Les 2 alpes, in July few years ago, it was nice to ski until 1pm, then second half doing MTB or trekking in the mountain, especially using ski lift infrastructure for mtb/walkers was included in day ticket. The experience is like having ice cream in the summer. But just for skiing no point in my opinion.

Have you checked the ski pass prices? Its showing me 95 EUR for 1 day skipass Shocked

This year I decided to skip summer skiing and instead I did last week of winter skiing on the glacier end of May, it was epic.

http://youtube.com/v/PSwmwXbag-I
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ed48, looks busy Wink what time where you going into the gondola?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy