Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Talk to me about Sauze d'Oulx

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to plan for next season and looking to expand horizons. Massive fan of Austria but time for a change, like a decent apres scene and reasonable snow as well as being affordable. On paper Sauze seems to tick a lot of boxes but seen comments re poor lift system. What is it like in reality? PS I am a snowboarder but don't hold that against me.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is very affordable on the mountain and in the town. The apres scene is small but enjoyable focused on two or 3 main bars in the village. The village is quite pretty with some very nice and very affordable restaurants. The transfer is beautifully short from Turin. The ski pass is also very affordable probably due to the fact that the lifts are below Austrian standards in general, with one or two very slow ones. The links to San Sicario and Sestriere (and beyond to Claviere and on to France if you want) give a very nice skiiable area.
I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my trips to Sauze.
I have always been lucky with snow, and the snow making and maintenance is of a high standard. But if it has an achilles heel it is that the elevation and prevailing weather systems can at times "stretch" the snow conditions.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’d add to the excellent summary above: some unavoidable t bars/b bars to access the whole area. But plenty of fun side piste options
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76763&highlight=

Old post but probably still relevant to Sauze d'Oulx
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am interested in this thread. Looking to book a DIY trip to Sauze for early March 2024. Does anyone know of transfer companies who do transfers for Turin to Sauze?

Anyhelp would be great
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
red wrote:
I am interested in this thread. Looking to book a DIY trip to Sauze for early March 2024. Does anyone know of transfer companies who do transfers for Turin to Sauze?

Anyhelp would be great

https://www.sauzeonline.com/travelling-to-sauze-doulx/

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Turin-Airport-TRN/Sauze-d-Oulx

Specifically search "Turin Airport to Sauze d Oulx" to pick up private and public transport options all the way to the ski village rather than arrival down the hill and still needing to get up there. It's not a long journey and so reasonably easy to get there.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@red, www.sauzetaxi.it were excellent for me
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kb36, Haven't visited recently but really enjoyed trips there.

We, group travelling to ski, all really had a good time going there with no complaints at all. That's quite good going for a group numbering 16 pax in my view.

Big area, lots of wide rolling piste, some more extreme if that's the focus but generally very accessible for many skill levels. Accommodation good, food very good along with prices even on mountain. Good ambience of skiers and people working there to provide lifts etc.
Really good tuition from local ski schools, ski direct into village, some good fun bars for après and eating out later on in evening at restaurants.

My singular reservation is to consider snow quantity in perspective of a season ongoing generally. A very sparse season snd I would have reservation booking well in advance.
Mostly visited in March, then without concern for snow depth in our experience at those times.

Very fond memories for our group all round.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wouldnt book in advance to this area can be very dry, Its known for folks regularly having to be bused to other resorts.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
James from sauze online is very helpful when it comes to all thing sauze. He is very prompt in replying to emails and gives top advice.

https://www.sauzeonline.com/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We had a great time, on my (short!) list of resorts to back to. Jolly apres, great restaurants - anything from a cheap burger or even free snacks while drinking to local specialities.
Ski area is great and well maintained but yeah a few outdated lifts to deal with but nothing to put me off going again to do a bit more exploring.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all the help guys. Waiting on a few taxi quotes. Been given a few already which are ludicrous (500 euro return). Public transport and a Single taxi fare back might be a option
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy