Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing for weeks/months

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Have people on here gone to ski resorts (or surrounding towns/cities with close access to ski resorts) for weeks, if not 2 to 3 months? What is a cost effective way of doing this? ie booking ski resort (or nearby) accommodation for longer periods of time, say weeks, if not months, which no doubt will be the biggest cost to a trip like this. Or is it better to do a longer car rental and drive in from a city/town?

This would be a trip where you're working remotely for a couple of hours a day and having access to the ski resorts
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've not skied in either Europe or Canada since COVID so take it with a pinch of salt.

Pricing up Euro and Canada resorts I found Canada to be much cheaper for long stay. Even with the more expensive flight costs, this was more than compensated for by accomodation and season pass being much cheaper over there. Plus I prefer the inbounds controlled off piste style of resort over the euro style. If you like groomed pistes euro wins. Canada also tends to get more snow.

For accommodation I stayed in hostels. Certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but cheap and great way to meet others doing a season.

For remote working the bigger time difference can be a benefit (freeing up days) or hindrance (meetings in the middle of the night). Depends on job.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
check with your employer about working remotely.
It opens up a can of worms from tax reasons to actually being able to login & access IT systems.

I know of people where I work who arranged to work back in the EU for an extended break after covid. However it soon turned out they could not access any systems & was forced to return home after normal leave entitlements. PITA, but them the rules!

Prob Ski Amada or one of the big passes in Austria would give you lots of options.
If you can drive/have your own transport, then you will have greater flexibility.

Finally, you say work a couple of hours a day. You will get to the point where it is not practical or even be bothered to go ski 1/2 a day.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like it's not legal in Austria
Quote:
It would be illegal for you to work in Austria [as a "digital nomad"] on a tourist Visa or Schengen Visa exemption.

Assuming this site is accurate there's some useful advice there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Travel4life, A few years ago we did twelve weeks skiing in Austria. We got earlybird Salzburger Superski season passes, which cost about the same as three, one week passes, and covered dozens of resorts. We were fortunate to find someone who had an apartment they let us rent for a very reasonable price, for the time they and friends weren't using it, and when that wasn't available we rented cheap studios in other resorts on the lift pass.
We skied almost every day, taking in over 30 resorts, and had a fantastic time. It also only cost about the same as three single week holidays.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Legality: tell the immigration guy that you're going to snowboard. Nothing else. Seriously, don't tell them you may work or sell anything, you're there to snowboard and spend money, that's all. And don't say anything different on your social media (potentially relevant for the US ESTA at least). If they ask, of course you have enough saved to cover your costs and the flight home.

You'd want to run the numbers to work out the cheapest way, or rather how you feel about the compromise between cost and benefit.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Your variables are accomodation, season pass and transport. On hill accomodation will be pricey wherever you go as it is easily sold by the week. So you likely need to be in less attractive locations if you want to contain cost. Which means you may need transport and tends to rule out the "just pop out for a few runs between meetings" idea. Some resorts will have co working spaces you might explore to deal with this.

Re the working remotely I'd say not worth pushing it with your corporate employer unless explicitly allowed or conceivably they have a sort of don't ask don't tell policy. Probably no 1 issue for HR depts these days. Working for yourself you might have more flexibility but may still be illegal under your host country rules.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gored wrote:

Finally, you say work a couple of hours a day. You will get to the point where it is not practical or even be bothered to go ski 1/2 a day.

Depends on the time of day. If the “couple hours” is flexible, you can do that in the evening after skiing. Should be no impact on skiing a full day!

Travel4life wrote:
booking ski resort (or nearby) accommodation for longer periods of time, say weeks, if not months, which no doubt will be the biggest cost to a trip like this. Or is it better to do a longer car rental and drive in from a city/town?

This would be a trip where you're working remotely for a couple of hours a day and having access to the ski resorts

If you want to ski daily, you’re better off staying on mountain or at least very close to skiing. The hours commuting from accommodation to lift will add up.

I’ve done it a few years now. I found anything over 1/2 hr to be a terrible burden. To ski part of the day before or after work, it needs to be no more than 30 minutes between leaving the house to sitting on the lift. Longer than that, you’re likely to NOT do it everyday.

But if you’re banking on getting the majority of the skiing on weekends when you have the full day, and could take it or leave it during the working days, then staying off the mountain will work fine.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Travel4life,
Which resorts/countries are you thinking of? And which part of the season?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd offer a counterpoint to the don't drive far daily. I'd say it entirely depends on you, your motivation and the alternate amenities available elsewhere plus the cost/hassle equation of the commute. If you're an early riser or want larger town amenities it might work out. If you're likely to lack motivation to get out then it might kill your season. It's the being out on the shitty days that really help you develop after all.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
I'd offer a counterpoint to the don't drive far daily. I'd say it entirely depends on you, your motivation and the alternate amenities available elsewhere plus the cost/hassle equation of the commute. If you're an early riser or want larger town amenities it might work out. If you're likely to lack motivation to get out then it might kill your season. It's the being out on the shitty days that really help you develop after all.

Most people don’t know who they are with regard to all of those factors until they actually do it for a while! By then, you’re stuck with it whether it works or not.

I’ve been “working” while living near skiing a few seasons now. The people I met daily, none of them have longer than 30 minute commute.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I agree with @abc, if you want to ski most days, be as near a lift as possible. If it's weekends, a nearby town is fine and might be cheaper.

If cost is a factor that might limit where you have to choose. We did two months in Aosta town and skied most days visiting other resorts on weekends, and it was affordable. We're eying up Austria for most of the 2024 season and to be near a lift is expensive - very! - depending on what you want (and you'll want wifi, a washing machine, and a decent table...) This season just gone we spent a month in Salzburg and skied on weekends, which was fine but frankly it's annoying having to head out just when everyone else does!

We've found that in Europe at least, if you want value near a lift plus have specific needs from accommodation, booking very early is the way to go. Airbnb has worked for us.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
abc wrote:

I’ve been “working” while living near skiing a few seasons now. The people I met daily, none of them have longer than 30 minute commute.

I'd agree with the 30 minute benchmark for all round convenience but that brings in a fair number of locations in Europe at least. The point is (relatively) cheap and near the slopes are usually conflicting variables and working out of a slopeside studio appt may be convenient for skiing but might have other drawbacks in terms of claustrophobia and access to groceries/other activities etc.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
The point is (relatively) cheap and near the slopes are usually conflicting variables and working out of a slopeside studio appt may be convenient for skiing but might have other drawbacks in terms of claustrophobia and access to groceries/other activities etc.

No question cost and convenient are always the conflicts.

I’m of the opinion access should be prioritized, up to the point where you can’t afford it. After all, the point of being there is to ski. So saving that impact access need to be scrutinized.

Otherwise, you end up spending a fair amount of money on “cheap” accommodation and not getting a whole lot more of skiing in. In my view, that’s worse than spending a bit extra and getting a whole lot more of skiing in.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I don't think the 30mins from accomodation to lift is a bad idea. However, it really depends how motivated you are. You can definitely make a longer commute work, if you are motivated, which is likely very high the first season before you become a "snow snob" snowHead

Ime the biggest killer of ski time is nightlife. Seen so many people miss great days because they are hungover and couldn't get out of bed. Of course for some the nightlife is as much part of the experience as the actual skiing.

Basically a lot depends on you and what you want to get out of it.
snow conditions
Thanks so much for the several responses so far.

For work, I'm a freelancer in my field and my current role has been remote for 3 years. I've been around different places in the world and I've had no issues. The company didn't pick up on me being away (I have set up my techy stuff like VPNs and VOIPs to cover my tracks for calls/meetings to not rock the boat, but i dont think they check anyway). So I dont concern myself with company expectations, annual leaves etc. As long as the work is delivered, it's fine. I don't believe there has been any tax implications for me unless this gets picked up by immigration being connected to HMRC? (different topic perhaps). Workwise, I havent worked intensely for some time because I've set up work systems/processes and delegated well within the team and I just oversee it. However, I could be out of work in a couple of months anyway and I might not take on another role if my business pursuits take off in time for the next ski season. I'm just thinking ahead now to plan accordingly. As for illegalities in Europe, I don't go around telling people I'm working here! I've been to 6 or 7 different countries in the past couple of years already having done that. And I don't advertise my life on social media.

I'm trying to understand what my options are. Is there a platform to reach out to owners/renters of older accommodation that don't mind longer rental periods?

Canada vs Europe - Very interesting point, I didn't think Canada would get anywhere close to being cheaper long term than Europe. Im probably going to look into this for sure because a friend of mine is already looking at a couple of weeks around British Columbia area anyway. However, staying longer may offer better value than 2 weeks.

I'm a seasoned traveller and globe-trotter so I know myself quite well. I do think 2 months in the mountains (mostly alone) might get a little boring/isolated, and the motivation to head to a ski lift via a 2 hour journey will quickly wear off. So it would probably be more like skiing 3 or 4 days a week whilst being located in a developed town / city. Noting the 30 minutes time from door to lift may be a challenge, I wonder what options are available. I've only ever skied for 10/11 days over two trips so I'm pretty new anyway and so I can compromise with the vastness of a ski resort, most resorts will be fine for me.

Alternatively, it might be 2 weeks on the slopes, and then rest/recharge in a big city for a week, then 2 weeks in a different resort, but I can see this being an expensive option.
snow conditions
For anyone doing a first season/major part of a season I'd recommend doing it in resort. A few reasons:- you'll get the resort vibe; you'll hopefully meet people to ski with; access roads can get blocked by snow/avalanche/crashed vehicles etc.
Also, the OP mentions a hire car to commute - this could become the major expense on an extended trip - cost of hire, fuel, parking (up & down the mountain).
ski holidays
@Travel4life, watch out for seasonaire's disease, where you don't want to go out in less-than perfect conditions (knee deep powder, no queues and blue skies) because "I'm here all season". I've seen a lot of it, and depending on who you hang out with, it's highly contagious and debilitating for your skiing.

I think the best treatment for it is to be right next to the lifts, and reduce any perceived friction in the process of going skiing. If it's only a 2 min walk "I might as well go up and see what it's like" might overcome "it's a bit grey, I'll have a lie-in".
snow report
Quote:
I've only ever skied for 10/11 days over two trips so I'm pretty new anyway and so I can compromise with the vastness of a ski resort, most resorts will be fine for me.

That’s a slightly different situation than “the usual”.

To plan to spend 2 months skiing after only 2 trips of 10/11 days, you must have really like those trips! Laughing That being the case, you should factor into your stay some tuition. At your level, you’ll benefit significantly from lessons.

Yes, you probably don’t need a vast resort to begin with. But towards the end of the 2 months, you should expect to be all over the resort of whatever size.

Given the above, you’re probably better off staying in an off mountain location that has access to either 1) multiple resorts that add up to be a vast domain, with one relatively quick access from your accommodation; or 2) a larger resort that has a quiet corner that’s convenient to get to from your accommodation. Basically, you want to be able to quickly get on the slope and do a couple hours almost everyday (or every other day). While still have the option to get to a resort large enough for those full day outings.

There’re many variation to that theme that you can play with.
latest report
Whilst I've only done 10 or 11 days, I have picked it up very quickly as I come from a sports background including mountain biking and football. I've become comfortable skiing most reds in that space of time as I have good balance to begin with.

We're not getting any younger, I'm 38 now and I may aswell make the most of my circumstances and good health. As its a seasonal sport, the years rack up quickly.
snow report
Also, I think you should give some thought to @boarder2020’s idea of Canada as a destination.

On long stay, the flight cost is relatively irrelevant.

The time difference allows you to ski almost a full day even on work days. Though some of it could be very long and tiring days.

English speaking instructors and the liberal off-piste attitude offsets the cost of the generally more expensive tuition in north America.
snow report
@Travel4life,
How about a winterised motorhome or caravan? You could go where you fancy.
Obviously have to pay pitching fees - but it would have some resale value.
If SNP can buy one & pass it through their own accounts, then maybe you can write it off as an expense Laughing
ski holidays
I'd say make Verbier one of your candidates. The whole area ia over 400 Kms and I'd reckon that if you're a competent off-piste skier, you'd not exhaust the skiing even over a whole season. Given you'd probably opt out of doing much skiing on the really busy school holiday weeks anyway. Or Le Chable, in the valley - a fast gondola up to Verbier and train station linking you to the reat of the area for days out away from skiing. You wouldn't need a car for much of the time. If you did opt for a car, then you've got days out at Chamonix, the Portes du Soleil, Crans, etc. etc. Cheap accommodation can be had but if this is a key factor, then Le Chable might work well for you. GVA is 1½ hours by car, 3 hours by public transport, so you can feasibly hop back to the UK faily easily if that has any advantages. Not saying it's the only option, but worth taking a look at as an example of a resort-based trip.
latest report
A little off topic but I intend on doing an extended (most of a season) in 24/25. Which French ski area passes offer the best variety type benefits? (As in free or discounted days at partner resorts)?
You may ask why France. My wife is a keen French speaker. There’s also a lot of affordable accommodation at elevation. And croissants.
latest report
I would recommend looking at buying a season pass as there is normally a breakeven point on the number of days skiing and some places offer an early bird discounts

I know Tignes - Val d'Isère 12-14 day pass brought in December 2022 was 660 euros, when a season pass was only 990 euros.

Chamonix Unlimited pass (which also includes unlimited skiing in Megève-Evasion Mont-Blanc and Courmayeur, plus 6 days in Verbier) is around 1,000 euros when brought in October. With Chamonix, once you have brought a lift pass, the following season is even cheaper, I paid just under 800 euros for an annual pass (Paid in three instalments helps).

Accommodation, I would recommend going in January as this is the cheapest, with February being the most expensive and busiest.

I have found Chamonix Sud the best value, a good location and you would be able to get an studio/1 bed for four weeks in January for under 2,000 euros.

The other advantage with Chamonix is the short, cheap and very regular transfers from/to Geneva. Makes it feasible to go back and forth to the UK any day of the week if necessary.

Go for it and enjoy.
snow report
@chrise1967, Chamonix does sound good. The only 'but' some may have is the extended walk or bus each morning to the lifts. I don't think it would be huge problem to me though.
snow conditions
I guess the OP is done? He hasn’t posted for over an hour! rolling eyes

So time to move on to a different case…
snow conditions
I am thinking Innsbruck in Austria.
Has good bus connected ski fields and is a University town so should be able to find share accomodation. Not far by train to St Anton.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Whilst I've only done 10 or 11 days, I have picked it up very quickly as I come from a sports background including mountain biking and football. I've become comfortable skiing most reds in that space of time as I have good balance to begin with.

Sorry but it's Duning Kruger effect. Even the most natural skiers simply don't know how much they don't know after less than 2 weeks. The same is true for any sport/skill.

The positive is you are at the stage where simply getting on snow is exciting, you are going to be improving fast, and experienced lots of new exciting things. All that combined will make motivation pretty high. It also means you probably don't need the biggest most extensive resort which opens up more (and cheaper) options.

As I said before Canada worked out a lot cheaper for me. No language barrier is nice (although with most Europeans speaking English it's not a huge deal). The massive advantage for me is the resort set up. Everything inside the boundary is avalanche controlled. Meaning you can get off piste, in the trees, bowls, chutes etc. easily and safely. It also adds to the variety, I don't mind pistes, but I'd probably be pretty bored doing a season of predominantly pistes. Also, ime variety leads to much quicker/better development than strictly sticking to pistes.

Of course it depends on your goals and what you want to do. If you just enjoy cruising pistes and travelling around multiple villages with some nice lunches Europe can't be beat.
snow report
Lol abc, I'm still here.

There are of course a lot of variables in matters like this, so it's good to get input from experienced skiers.
ski holidays
Travel4life wrote:
Hi All

Have people on here gone to ski resorts (or surrounding towns/cities with close access to ski resorts) for weeks, if not 2 to 3 months? What is a cost effective way of doing this? ie booking ski resort (or nearby) accommodation for longer periods of time, say weeks, if not months, which no doubt will be the biggest cost to a trip like this.

I've gone to Chamonix for extended periods, you could find cheapish accomodationwith airbnb (apartments) in the off season although harder now post covid and hyperinflation (relative to my salary anyway) but would generally rent a week then move at the weekend if I couldn't find longer periods. Apartment means you can self cater. Chamonix is not cheapest for lift passes (although I got a big discount last time) and I don't particuarly like the ski area. I didn't have to use my car to ski though even if ChamSud is not great for access.

I recently went to the Hautes-Alpes for a shorter trip and if you had a car you could find cheap places to stay within half an hour's drive but doing that every day for a couple of months would be a real drag. I was only xcountry skiing so it worked ok for me.

Modane might be a thought as I think there are buses up to the nearby ski areas.
latest report
@Travel4life, I'd suggest staying for a season in a local town rather than a ski resort if you are planning on working remotely, and agree the 30/45 minutes access is worth considering, any more and it'd become a faff. I'd suggest the likes of Landeck in Tirol, or Martigny near Verbier.

Personally I don't get the working remotely in another country near a ski resort thing, lets face it you are there to ski/ board, and the "I delegate to my team and they don't know where I am" comment roughly translates to me as "i'm not really required, and as soon as I get sussed out i'll soon be off the payroll anyway" so in any event i'd go for the skiing, or work, and don't kid yourself that your employer/ team don't know what your motives or location are, either that or they don't care or run a hands off business in which case your days there are numbered anyway i'd suggest.

Work, or ski is my mantra, don't pretend you can do both at the same time is my suggestion. Or just pack work in for a few months, ski a season and move around following the powder and go back to work when you can dedicate time to it.
ski holidays
Maybe try Briançon? It's actually the highest city in France, though it's probably more like a small town. Most importantly it has its own lift up to Serre Chevalier, which is a big ski area.
snow report
@Markymark29, being close to skiing while working remote would mean that, at a fairly late call you could take a half day off for a mornings ski due to a dump of snow, or afternoon etc. You've also got the weekends without the need to travel over on a plane.

In my instance back in April, I could do a couple of hours work every night after I'd skied to keep things ticking over, and skied pretty much every day for 5 weeks.
snow conditions
Airbnb or one of the others that do the same is the easiest way to find accomodation for an extended period, we have used appartments for all of jan and then moved out over the half terms to smaller ones or flown home then gone back, St gervais is where we stay, its great for skiing all of the mont blanc unlimited area and very easy to get to other resorts on the pass and to geneva if you fancy a day out or collect friends /family, its a proper town with a group of permanent ex pats if you want company
snow conditions
A few thoughts, all related to the alps:

Accommodation: a stay of ~2 months is tricky because a) if falls between holiday bookings (up to ~4 weeks) and seasonal bookings, and b) it's inevitably going to cover some peak weeks which are likely to be be booked way (12 months) in advance. A way around this is to make it 2 x 4 weeks in different locations, which also adds variety

When you go: Xmas / New Year are necessarily peak (so busy and expensive), as is most of February and early March. Outside of that it's a lot quieter and cheaper

Travel to/between ski areas: If you want to travel to different ski areas, then (to generalise) public transport works well in most of Austria and Switzerland, but less so in France and Italy. If you want to have a car, it'll be much more cost-effective to drive out (assuming you own a car) than to rent a car

Lift passes: There are a few decent options for season-long passes than cover several ski areas. In Austria you have either the Snow Card Tirol, or the SuperSkiPass Salzburg, each of which cover a lot of resorts for a season for just under 1000 EUR (2023 prices). In Italy there's the Aosta valley pass, or the Dolomoti Super Ski Pass, which cover smaller regions than the Austrian ones. In Switzerland there's the Magic Pass

For reference for the last 2 winters I've bought the Snow Card Tirol, and done 2 trips out. The first trip was early Jan to early Feb; one year this was 4 weeks, the other was 6 weeks. The second was from mid/late Mar to mid/late April; one was 3 weeks, the other 4 weeks. For each trip we stayed in 1 or 2 places.
Year one Jan/Feb was 4 weeks in Kirchberg (in resort), 2 weeks near Alpbach (10 mins drive from resort). Due to Covid restrictions it wasn't possible to drive to the Alps, so we flew and rented a car
Year one Mar/Apr was 2 weeks Zell am Ziller (in resort), 1 week Langenfeld (Otztal, 15 mins drive from resort). Drove out
Year two Jan/Feb was 4 weeks in Kirchberg (in resort). Drove out
Year two Mar/Apr was 2 weeks Zell am Ziller (near resort, 5 mins drive to ski lift), 2 weeks Kappl (near Ischgl, used ski busses rather than driving). Drove out

I've very used to booking accommodation very late, based on snow conditions. All accommodation was booked a few days before arrival via booking.com, except for year two in Kirchberg when we went back to same place and booked direct a couple of months out. Note that all dates were low(ish) season, so there was reasonable availability. I did initially look at airbnb for the first trip, but my first 2 attempted bookings were rejected as the owners didn't want to offer longish lets (I think they'd accidentally left this enabled from summer), so I gave up on airbnb

We typically paid 100EUR per night for a large self-catered appartment (between 50 and 80m2), with space for two of us to work in separate rooms

Our work/play situation was broadly working freelance for 3 days per week, with one week per trip purely a holiday week. We skied every non-work day (bar one day of illness each), and also skied many work days, either evening ski touring, or early morning ski / ski tour before work (we were working UK time, so could start at 10:00 am local time)
snow conditions
Markymark29 wrote:

Personally I don't get the working remotely in another country near a ski resort thing, lets face it you are there to ski/ board, and the "I delegate to my team and they don't know where I am" comment roughly translates to me as "i'm not really required, and as soon as I get sussed out i'll soon be off the payroll anyway" so in any event i'd go for the skiing, or work, and don't kid yourself that your employer/ team don't know what your motives or location are, either that or they don't care or run a hands off business in which case your days there are numbered anyway i'd suggest.

Work, or ski is my mantra, don't pretend you can do both at the same time is my suggestion. Or just pack work in for a few months, ski a season and move around following the powder and go back to work when you can dedicate time to it.

If you don’t “get the working remotely in another country near a ski resort thing”, you don’t need to (“get” it). Many others had done it successfully. So you’re either missing out, or your opinion is irrelevant to those who had done it! No one needs your “suggestions”!

Do you by any chance work in our HR department? They’ve been making up all sort of excuses to “make” people work in the office. All they managed is driving a lot of the best staff to our competitors! You’re know, those who are self-motivated and don’t need their boss to hover over them… rolling eyes
ski holidays
viv wrote:
A few thoughts, all related to the alps:

Accommodation: a stay of ~2 months is tricky because a) if falls between holiday bookings (up to ~4 weeks) and seasonal bookings, and b) it's inevitably going to cover some peak weeks which are likely to be be booked way (12 months) in advance. A way around this is to make it 2 x 4 weeks in different locations, which also adds variety

Over the half term you could book a package with SnowTrex, who do accommodation + ski pass. Find some cheap low-lying resort, maybe in Austria or Italy, and avoid the cost and the crowds and lack of accommodation of the February peak weeks. Then return to another 3 week AirBnB in your season pass area.
snow report
Slightly left field, friends have been down in Baquiera (Spanish Pyrenees) for longer than normal holiday duration.
They buy a season pass that only covers Mon to Fri, no weekend skiing. Possibly this could be advantageous to the ski/work equation.
ski holidays
Much useful stuff said.

I'd second being easy to get up the hill wuold (is) very important to me. To avoid seasonpassitis unless it's perfectly foul, we'll go up and take a look. That's really only feasible as we're max 10 mins from a lift (and were a 3 minute walk away for a long time).

Any decent resort and you won't be alone. Sometimes you might find yourself seeking solitude, or a bar where you don't know anyone, just for a bit of social respite.

Decide, and then look out for early bird lift pass discounts.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy