Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Holiday Savings 23/24

Poster: A snowHead
Crystal have just announced their "Buy one Lift pass and get one free" offer. With ever rising prices, this can give a decent saving. This is just a heads up, as the offer may not be there for that long.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Old Fartbag wrote:
Crystal have just announced their "Buy one Lift pass and get one free" offer. With ever rising prices, this can give a decent saving. This is just a heads up, as the offer may not be there for that long.

I made use of it on my March trip to Jahorina, Bosnia

Not a huge saving but relative to the cost of things in resort it was significant

£134 for a 6-day pass, so a saving of £67

On-mountain restaurant

Coffee under £2
1 litre bottle of sparkling water for £3
Wine by the glass and beer for £2.50
Pizza £8
Cevapi (pita bread with salad and beef kofta) £8
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Old Fartbag, the link I got in the email didn’t work, assume it’s limited resorts and dates? Is there a list of resorts?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-deals/buy-one-lift-pass-get-one-free/?icid=csnav-BOGOF-1July2023

Quite an extensive list

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 3-07-23 15:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski wrote:
@Old Fartbag, the link I got in the email didn’t work, assume it’s limited resorts and dates? Is there a list of resorts?

T&C's from Crystal website
"..Buy two lift passes and you’ll get the cheapest one free. 
Valid on European ski holidays for Winter 2023/24. 
Valid on selected local and area lift passes. 
Two passengers are required per free lift pass. 
Only valid on Crystal Ski Holidays packages, which include your flights, transfers and accommodation. 
You must add this offer when you book your holiday – you can’t add it on later. 
You can add this offer to your booking in the ski extras section – just pick two lift passes and the discount will be applied automatically if you’re eligible for it. 
This offer can’t be combined with any other ones
This offer is not valid on Slope Starters packages.
This offer is available from 1 July 2023. 
New bookings only. 
Subject to availability. 
We reserve the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time, without notice. .."

Doesn't state which resorts -- probably have to look at individual webpage
But a quick look indicates that it is available on all holidays!?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Too late for me, I've already booked my trip and the offer isn't valid for add-ons.

However when I checked out their prices I don't really feel like I missed out on much:

Crystal price: £269
Online price from resort: £213
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HilbertSpace wrote:
Too late for me, I've already booked my trip and the offer isn't valid for add-ons.

However when I checked out their prices I don't really feel like I missed out on much:

Their overall holiday price went up at the same time the offer came on. On the one I checked anyway.
If you're still to book it's better than nothing though.
The DIY mob will be along shortly to say how they only ever pay half the TO price Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Corvara and Latania already sold out Evil or Very Mad , need to rethink where to go
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Garfield wrote:
HilbertSpace wrote:

Their overall holiday price went up at the same time the offer came on. On the one I checked anyway.
If you're still to book it's better than nothing though.
The DIY mob will be along shortly to say how they only ever pay half the TO price Madeye-Smiley

Crystal ski use 'Dynamic' pricing :: I was looking at a Hotel in the Dolomites last week - £852 ; following @Garfield's post I looked at it again last evening - £992!! ; today is down - £873!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Made the most of the offer and booked my holiday to Ortisei. Now for the count down until we go…. Crystal are very naughty, between last Saturday and today the prices for Ortisei went up by £38 pp, for the drei zinnen just over 100 per person and that is just too much, I don’t get these dynamic pricing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
albob wrote:

Crystal ski use 'Dynamic' pricing :: I was looking at a Hotel in the Dolomites last week - £852 ; following @Garfield's post I looked at it again last evening - £992!! ; today is down - £873!!

never book on a weekend Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not strictly ski related, but Amazon have Prime Day on 11-12 July.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
HilbertSpace wrote:
Not strictly ski related, but Amazon have Prime Day on 11-12 July.

Can you buy lift passes on Amazon Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Harrow lady wrote:
Made the most of the offer and booked my holiday to Ortisei. Now for the count down until we go…. Crystal are very naughty, between last Saturday and today the prices for Ortisei went up by £38 pp, for the drei zinnen just over 100 per person and that is just too much, I don’t get these dynamic pricing

Just a example of how Crystal's prices can vary :: Hotel in Canazei for Jan 24

Started off at £992 - £853 - £992 - £873 ( this is over a period of several weeks)

Then they brought the 'two for one' lift pass offer : Same Hotel was £1031 yesterday morning, by yesterday evening is was showing at £1049 !!!

total price ends up roughly the same -- it is just severely annoy to see the price constantly changing !!

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 28-07-23 16:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Always clear your cookies as well. The more you look at something the higher the price goes.
snow report
joffy69 wrote:
Always clear your cookies as well. The more you look at something the higher the price goes.

That’s an interesting “dynamic”. rolling eyes

Say if I’m price comparing similar packages on multiple providers, the one that kept on increasing their price when I go back and forth to check the detail would end up dropping off the list due to being too expensive in comparison to the others.
ski holidays
@albob, I did hotel Dolomiti in canazei with Crystal and would not recommend, not sure if it is the one that you are monitoring but the food was not the best. Happy bargain hunting
latest report
Harrow lady wrote:
@albob, I did hotel Dolomiti in canazei with Crystal and would not recommend, not sure if it is the one that you are monitoring but the food was not the best. Happy bargain hunting

Agreed, I've actually been disappointed with the food on offer from 2 hotels I've stayed at in Canazei. Almost like the package hols offering is very much second rate to the local/a la carte menu.
The hotel dolomiti also gave me the worst single occupancy room it's ever been my misfortune to occupy. It was like a janitorial staff room from a poo-poo Hogwarts.
snow report
Harrow lady wrote:

It is -- I went to book this AM, but they didn't have enough rooms for my group (despite the website indicating that they did) - Looks like a dodged a bullet there then.!!!

I'm back the doing some more research...
snow report
Sainte-Foy are offering 20% off season passes OR a free child season pass with full price adult:

https://saintefoy-ski.com/en/home

Their newsletter suggests the offer is only valid until July 31
ski holidays
[quote="Garfield"]
HilbertSpace wrote:

Did I mention it was cheaper to DIY rather than TO? No wonder they can afford to give away lift passes Laughing
ski holidays
Regarding Crystal Ski and lift pass pricing

Their price for the Dolomitisuperski lift pass seems to be based on last year's prices (£284 when I booked but now £291) : When next season prices are published I suspect they will have increased a good amount -- So, currently a bargain at two for one....
snow report
Old Fartbag wrote:

Just got 2 for a trip to Andorra. Normal price is about 330 Euros, but us old guys get almost 50% discount in Andorra plus the 2f1 deal, so two 6 day full area Grandvalira passes at £93 each. Bargain!
ski holidays
MikeM wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

Just got 2 for a trip to Andorra. Normal price is about 330 Euros, but us old guys get almost 50% discount in Andorra plus the 2f1 deal, so two 6 day full area Grandvalira passes at £93 each. Bargain!

That it is.
ski holidays
Crystal Lift Pass offer ends Monday.
snow conditions
Sat here on a miserable July Sunday morning looking out at the rain I bet visits to TO websites are going through the roof - owt else to do....
snow conditions
@boredsurfin it will not be skiers booking trips, but those families who are enjoying the Great British Staycation who are wiping away the rain from their ipads in their freezing, wet tents and booking a fortnight in Spain next year.
latest report
Crystal Lift Pass offer replaced with - Buy one, get one half price.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
albob wrote:
Regarding Crystal Ski and lift pass pricing

Their price for the Dolomitisuperski lift pass seems to be based on last year's prices (£284 when I booked but now £291) : When next season prices are published I suspect they will have increased a good amount -- So, currently a bargain at two for one....

That is why we took the offer. Hotel in Selva was a little more expensive, but the saving against the lift pass for far outweighs the cost.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy