Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer for 9 people - GVA -> Les Gets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Can anyone advise on the best/most affordable way to get 9 of us from Geneva airport to Les Gets in January? (standard sat-sat changeover)

We'd normally rent a couple of cars but have no need for them this time as we're staying in the town centre, plus the prices seem to have gone insane over the last couple of years, so we're looking at transfers.

The logistical issue I'm coming up against is that most transfer vehicles are 8-passenger so we end up with one straggler - do any of the reliable LG/Morzine/Avoriaz transfer companies run bigger vehicles that could fit us all in?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does it have to be a private transfer?

Plenty of shared transfers that would cover your needs easily enough
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, I guess there's no real reason for it to be private - just reliable!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We used https://www.skiidygonzales.com/
Very good about 5 years ago.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skiidygonzales are very reliable. We used them last winter and numerous times over the years.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alpybus get mixed reviews, but i've never had an issue with them.

There's loads of companies offering shared transfers though with a quick google search.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for skiidygonzales. Always been great when I've used them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all, looks like skiidy are leading the way in snowheads customer satisfaction - will give them a go!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One thing I would say is book your transfers as soon as you're dates are firm and you know your flight times.

Pre-Brexit getting transfers was easy and you could pretty much leave it to the day before and book one without too much hassle. Post-Brexit everything seemed OK - but only because Covid hammered the number of people wanting transfers but the season just gone, with people back in numbers was a different case.

Transfer companies just couldn't get the drivers, to the point one of my "shared minibus" transfers turned into a "full coach" (with cost difference refund) - and the coach/driver were both from Portugal!

OK, the "Is it all over?" won't be hanging over operator's heads this year so they'll be more willing to commit to employing numbers but I'd still see it being harder to get transfer the later you leave it - so book early and you won't have to worry.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy