Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel help

Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I’ve got a crossing tomorrow morning at 11:30 Folkestone to Calais. If I arrived at say 6am instead, would they just let me on, or make me wait until my designated train?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can on but it is likely to cost you difference in fare if the price has gone up. We did that once before that big windy storm before half term. Had to pay another £100 to go at 6am or wait until the 2 hour window before actual booked train.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You might get a range of choice of times, at different fares. The one you want is bound to be the most expensive!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Its a difficult one this, I don't know the answer.
But I think its worth having a go.
They are bound to be more expensive later in the day as the traffic builds up, and you would think they would like to get you through while there as empty slot.
But, of course they are supposed to be a blood sucking outfit. So they may want to take advantage.
Let us know how you get on.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And have great trip!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ricklovesthepowder, check out the price difference online if you were to make a booking now for the new slot. It should give you some idea, but is still no guarantee of what actually happens. We've never paid any extra on the day, only if we've moved it online before the date.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just checked, the original time is £177, the earlier ones are £140 so it’s actually cheaper. I think we will risk it and arrive early and try and make an earlier crossing.

Can’t wait now, onwards to Germany and the Nurburgring Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I crossed this week on my motorbike, turned up earlier and they let me on the earlier train without any issue or additional payments, i think it's luck of the draw
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've never paid more when the check in screen has offered 'available crossings'. Sometimes, of course, it only offers the one I booked; but it has offered earlier crossings for free. Has that changed since the winter?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Generally if there is an earlier train and it's got space they bump you forward.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Charliegolf wrote:
I've never paid more when the check in screen has offered 'available crossings'. Sometimes, of course, it only offers the one I booked; but it has offered earlier crossings for free. Has that changed since the winter?

Pretty sure it hasn't, but there has always been a two hour window either side of original crossing for free transfer.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Just checked, the original time is £177, the earlier ones are £140 so it’s actually cheaper. I think we will risk it and arrive early and try and make an earlier crossing.

What are you taking? snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
and more to the point of the thread, what did they charge you, if anything?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I know this has been touched on before, but, I've just done a dummy booking for our Christmas trip. Out on Dec 9th 6am ish, back on 23rd 6pm ish.

You're offered 3 prices -
Standard £102 - Valid on booked train only
Standard Refundable £142 - Arrive within 2 hours of your booked departure time
Flexiplus £269 - Freedom to turn up and board anytime on your booked travel day

Someone posted a link to the March Terms and Conditions, but the implication of "Valid on booked train only" does imply to me that you might come unstuck if relying on the +/- 2 hour thing.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Generally you'd be OK, I suppose, but it gives them an "out" if they need it. To honour the Flexiplus elite they obviously need to have spaces on all trains up to X minutes before departure but it makes sense to fill them if there's a willing customer. I HAVE been offered other arrival times at additional cost - have sometimes taken that option, sometimes not. I wouldn't describe them as "blood sucking". They are running a business and demand-elastic pricing makes sense.
ski holidays
@Judwin, it was me and I will repost here:

In the T&C's applicable from March 2023 for Standard tickets it says:
Quote:
• If you arrive within 2 hours of the booked departure time, the booking will be exchanged without charge.
• If you arrive more than 2 hours but no more than 24 hours after the booked departure time, the booking will be exchanged if you pay any difference between the price you paid and the price applicable to the departure for which your booking is exchanged;
• If you arrive more than 24 hours after the booked departure time, your booking will not be exchanged.

I don't believe anything has changed since March
ski holidays
I think things HAVE changed - I don't remember there being 3 tiers of ticket before, just 2 so they have followed the airlines Hand Baggage Only/Checked Bag/Business model.

"Standard" is now just for the booked train - so like the cheapest HBO airfare.
"Standard Refundable" is the old Standard, giving you the +-2hr window - so like the checked bag airfare.
"Flexiplus" is the same 'next train' as before - so like a business class flight.
snow conditions
@Layne, Thanks. Trouble is, there are some sections that appear to differ between those T&C's and what the pricing pages say/infer. My suspicion is that the published T&C's haven't been updated and arguing at check-in at 5am that the T&C's say something is going to be annoying.
ski holidays
I have also done a dummy booking for my Christmas trip. This is a screenshot from the Ticket Terms

. It is dated March 2023.
snow conditions
Go for it. I had two trips in last month, arrived early for both. They wanted to book me 2 1/2 hours early on first one (but I needed electric charge so opted for 1 hour) (FoC for any) . Second they booked me in an hour early, if I had wanted one an hour earlier would have cost £90. In other words depends how busy they are - but one hour early would normally be free.
ski holidays
Mjit wrote:
I think things HAVE changed - I don't remember there being 3 tiers of ticket before, just 2 so they have followed the airlines Hand Baggage Only/Checked Bag/Business model.

"Standard" is now just for the booked train - so like the cheapest HBO airfare.
"Standard Refundable" is the old Standard, giving you the +-2hr window - so like the checked bag airfare.
"Flexiplus" is the same 'next train' as before - so like a business class flight.

These 3 tiers have been in since Covid.

"Standard Refundable" is, as the name would suggest, same as Standard but refundable.

Nothing to do with the 2 hour window.
latest report
Judwin wrote:
@Layne, Thanks. Trouble is, there are some sections that appear to differ between those T&C's and what the pricing pages say/infer. My suspicion is that the published T&C's haven't been updated and arguing at check-in at 5am that the T&C's say something is going to be annoying.

Well, you have always had to select a specifically timed training when booking. And therefore, that is the train you are expected to arrive for. Maybe there is some new wording at booking but the T&C's are what they are.

If something has changed 'on the ground' it doesn't seem to have been reported on here. I will see how it goes but I don't expect anything to have changed.
snow report
Ultra smooth at Folkestone today.

Our 07:50 has become 07:54 for some reason.
snow report
Hopefully the same tomorrow, dash to the alps before some skallywag sets our car on fire
snow conditions
Sorry for the slow response, hardly any internet access. We arrived at the eurotunnel at 8am (original crossing was 11:54am train). When we got to the check in booth, we could take several earlier departures and all we’re free from 9:54. If we wanted anything earlier then we had to pay an additional £98, which we did. The only reason we did this was because we would have ended up spending money sat around for a few hours so paid and got the 8:54am train. Not really sure how they can charge the extra especially when the earlier trains were cheaper than the originally timed slot we had but it is what it is.
snow report
Val Desire wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:

What are you taking? snowHead

We are here in my friends VW Transporter Motorhome, and renting Renault Meganes to drive whilst out here. No way I would take my own car on
snow conditions
@Ricklovesthepowder, you’ll see plenty of Dub Transporters flying round there - enjoy
ski holidays
@Ricklovesthepowder, I wonder if it would have been cheaper (or free) for you to move the crossing time online in advance of arrival?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I turned up 12 hours early once and got on without any extra payment (admittedly late night and very quiet). As others have said it they have room it's in their interest to let you on early.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy