Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vercland near Samoens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Puzzled Hi There all. Was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a supermarket in Vercland? If not, what are the other shopping facilities or restaurants? Or do you have to go down into Samoens? Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oooh no one knows - or all the snowheads have turned into sunheads and melted away for the summer! Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Freestyle, sorry didn't see your post. No idea, me.

Why not try the Vercland or Samoens TO site - assuming such sites exist...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If Vercland is the bit I think it is then I'm pretty sure there's nothing there except the base station of an antique bubble lift. Great red run down to it but closed through lack of snow halfway through the week I was there last March. For shopping I'd think you must go down to Samoens. Sherpa supermarket in village plus local shops; very good butcher/traiteur & wicked bakery 'Tiffanie' which sold wonderful things which I'm not supposed to be allowed. About a mile out of village on the Taninge road is quite a large supermarket, Champion, I think. We found it worth the drive out there to do a major stocking up operation. Forgetting shops, I really enjoyed the skiing of the Grand Massif & plan to go back next year. Looking for a decent self catered chalet in Morillon or Les Carroz if anyones got any suggestions!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Freestyle,
I think the main supermarket is in Verchaix asRoger King says not Vercland. Any restaurants, shops etc of note are in Samoens.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Freestyle,
I think the main supermarket is in Verchaix asRoger King says not Vercland. Any restaurants, shops etc of note are in Samoens.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone - we have an apartment near Sherpa so we're regulars but friends of ours have decided to rent fr the season in Vercland and we did a quick recce up there to see the supermarket situation and couldn't find one so I just wanted to check with the ever knowing snowheads!Roger King, that red run really is fantastic fun - I have friends who have a chalet in morillon - you have to drive to the slopes though (but it sleeps about 18 people!!!)

Freestyle
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I agree that the red run down to Morrillon is one of the most fun runs I know of!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy