Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Toulouse flight deal - now where?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone. Tried to get flights to GVA when they 1st came out - Feb 1/2 term - jeez - £1500 for 4 of us!!

Anyway - got some to Toulouse (£240) at a much better price, but now - where to go?

We've skiied Andorra before (many moons ago) and would go back, but does anyone have any suggestions for the French side of the Pyrenees?

Intermediates one and all.

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Tourmalet area (La Mongie and Bareges) might be worth investigating, though I've not skiied there. Have also heard positive reports of Saint-Lary Soulan.

Here are some more Ski Resorts near Toulouse.

Cheers, Dave
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shockingmoment, I had a few days last year in Font Romeu which is a nice little resort on the Mediterranean side of the Pyrenees. It's not large or challenging, most of the visitors are French with quite a lot of Spanish over the weekends. Night life is quiet and limited to a few bars and restaurants. Prices are very low compared to the Alps. Not really big enough for a whole week if you have a car there are several small resorts close by such as Les Angles which are good for a day or so. This site (in french) details all the French Pyrenees resorts.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went to Les Angles during half term week a couple of years ago. On it's own it's not really big enough for a week (40kms of piste) but the ski pass covers 8 or so local resorts of a similar size, so if you hire a car it could be a good choice. I hired a lovely house that slept six, for 750 euros. The price would have been half that outside half term. Queues weren't too bad, all things considered. Pistes were generally quite benign. If you're looking for something more challenging you could hole up at another resort such as Luz ardiden (www.luz.org) or Cauterets (www.cauterets.com) or Bareges (www.bareges.com) and explore the resorts in the area, buying day tickets (22 - 28 euros ) as you go. Ax les thermes might be a similarly good base (www.ax-ski.com).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shockingmoment, get yourselves to Baqueira - although it's Spain it's a very short and easy drive from Toulouse. An excellent resort.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Depends what you call "very short" Toulouse to Baqueira has gotta be at least 2 hours, surely?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
About 2 hrs by coach, less by car - that's short to me!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Definately go to baqueira the drive is heaven compared to the slog to andorra.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
2hrs is easy for a sneaky weekend is it not?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for your help everyone. Lots of ideas for me to look at. I really appreciate your time.

Ironically - not even booked this years summer hol yet!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Saint-Lary-Soulan would be my choice.
I have been last two years to Pyreneess - 2 years ago to Tourmalet (La Mongie and Bareges), over 100kms of pistes, loads of skiing.
Last year because we were arriving mid-week, we had to stay in 2 places, so 2 nights in Bielsa (Spain) skiing in Piau Engley (50km of pistes) and then 3 nights in St Lary-Soulan (100km).

Tourmalet requires a daily drive up to slopes, St-Lary has a gondola and a cable car from opposite sides of the village centre arriving at the slopes in under 10 minutes.
Loads of skiing from 1700 to 2500 metres.
For variety, drive the 30 inutes up to Piau Engley for the best natural snow (as it is so high) and the most beautiful weird scenery.
The journey to Spain (about 30km) is hair-oin but stunning, past frozen waterfalls and through a tunnel and out in Spain.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Holy thread resurrections, Batman! alanmartin, welcome to snowheads and thanks for the input Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nbt wrote:
Holy thread resurrections, Batman! alanmartin, welcome to snowheads and thanks for the input Smile

Thanks - it seems a great forum where everybody wants to help each other.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
To get to Andorra you have to drive through Aix les Thermes. A realy french resort, with everything stopping for lunch. We were skiing there, and after lunch everyone (even those in French berets) were queueing for the lift. (not a long q) Someone decided to push in, and was told to get to the back of the queue, this is not the French Alpes. A magic moment. We did not cheer, I think we were the only English in the village. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy