Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adjusting s912ti din (salomon binding)

Poster: A snowHead
does anyone know what I need to use to adjust the din on this binding. It has a slit at either end which fits a precision screwdriver but does nothing. any ideas.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Edmundh009, ??????????????????? Big flatty, in the big slot, front and back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So the hole in the middle of the slot is for nothing. You're probably the most qualified to answer this question cheers.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Edmundh009, Never used anythint than a big flatty, guess the other hole is to keep Web-Threads running. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Embarassed Embarassed Its probably the first time I have been too gentle with something. Ususally I am the guy that breaks stuff by being a bit forceful. The kid that broke all his toys if you like, not on purpose but just a little too entusiastic. They were just more stiff than I would have thought. Well thats them cranked all the way up to 12 Cool Cool That's what the cool kids set it on right. Na, they came with a setting of eight which I think is a bit high given my weight, stuck em down to seven for peace of mind. Must be one of the few that actually tones the din down as opposed to being macho and maxing it out.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hav you adjusted the wings and toepiece height ? Cos you'll need to do that for your boot. That binding hasn't got an automatic adjustment.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
veeeight wrote:
Hav you adjusted the wings and toepiece height ? Cos you'll need to do that for your boot. That binding hasn't got an automatic adjustment.

And the forward pressure.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And then, wind down the DIN for the summer to reserve spring tension. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah done all that. Going over to scotland for my graduation thought I may as well get some turns in (Braehead) before I go to tignes on Saturday.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you're not sure about what you're doing get a ski tech to check them for you.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think he went on a course NehNeh
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
veeeight wrote:

...and keep getting it re-adjusted. Mine went all loose - thought the bindings had broken Shocked Apparently it's just a 'feature' of this particular binding rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
And then, wind down the DIN for the summer to reserve spring tension. Toofy Grin

Why? Does summer skiing require lower DIN settings?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RobW wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

Why? Does summer skiing require lower DIN settings?

Nah, your skiing will be a lot more tense if your bindings are rattly loose...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Veeight well I didn't get to the common sense bit of the course Embarassed . Like I said not used to Salomonbindings anyway, use marker Evil or Very Mad and rossignol. Skied on my p3s yesterday at Xscape no problems. The Snowboard asylum part of ellis-brigham is open some nice gear on sale. Got some Nike acg pants there's eider and north face as well in the sale. They have next years k2s and there was a pair of ex-demo pistols for £220 and last years PE's for £300 inc binding. Loadsa other skis just can't be bothered listing em. Not much in the variety of headwear though Crying or Very sad
snow report
Helmet, mate, helmet.

Especially in Whistler.
latest report
Gonna get one in Tignes in the next couple o days need one for the freestyle camp in Tignes.
snow report
RobW, You wind down the din setting for summer storage not for summer skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy