Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have I just got the greatest ski bargain ever?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just picked up a pair of 175 Rossignol M18 skis from a guy in Cardiff.

Few marks on the top sheet, bases and edges are absolutely mint.

For the princely sum of.....

*Drum roll*

£45! snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was it collection only? What was the postage cost?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With bindings? Bit short for a true GS ski but I sure good for instructor tech stuff.

Problem is deals like that are where you start on a path to a quiver of more skis than you can ski.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bigtipper wrote:
Was it collection only? What was the postage cost?

I collected as it's not too far from me. Happy to add £10 of fuel on and say the cost was £55 Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
With bindings? Bit short for a true GS ski but I sure good for instructor tech stuff.

Problem is deals like that are where you start on a path to a quiver of more skis than you can ski.

With bindings!

Well i'm already down this path, I did my L3 tech exam on a pair of 175 19m radius Dynastar Master GS skis, but i'm going to flog them and use these instead.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Are they not the same ski with a different top sheet?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Klamm Franzer wrote:
Are they not the same ski with a different top sheet?

They have a different radius so I doubt it
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@swskier, I got a set of skis from a rubbish bin and tele'd on them for 6 years before passing them on to someone else....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ski wrote:
@swskier, I got a set of skis from a rubbish bin and tele'd on them for 6 years before passing them on to someone else....

I have the 2nd greatest bargain ever then? Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm guessing these are from 2020 at the latest. There have been Dynastar equivalents for all of the Rossignol GS Master skis.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@swskier,
Quote:

I have the 2nd greatest bargain ever then?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sounds a great bargain.

I acquired two pairs of volkl race tiger from Interski Les Menuires for a modest rental fee of £60 a pair.

When I went to return the skis at the end of the week the shop had been gutted. Zero contact details on what to do with them.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I bought a pair of Factions from a snowhead as they were well used for the price of the used bindings (about £40 IIRC) I then used them for around 140 further days as they were a rock ski that I just got used to. Plus they looked kinda gnarly so got all sorts of useful people taking me for runs in new spots or patrol tipping me off about rope drops (seems that ski cred can sometimes outweigh gaper vibes wink ) Probably the best buy I ever had in skiing. Actually the two powder laps with one girl would have been enough payback.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I still have a pair of Movement Gladiators that I bought on here (from @the_doc, I think, when he started up WhiteDot skis?). Can't recall what I paid but it was on the order of £100 to £150 I think and they've served me well, I've had 32 ski days on them over the seasons according to my logs. Sadly the BSL on my new boots is too small for the bindings so they're just sitting in the shed...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy