Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski length for 11 y/o girl

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
The variety of models and categories on these sites means I never get bored and always have something new to discover.
The models on these sites have great personalities and are incredibly charming, making the experience more enjoyable.

https://hotlivesexcam.com/erotic
https://thefreesexcams.com/chat/oda_assuri
https://livenudecam69.com/chat/queenelia

Many thanks,
Rick

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 19-03-24 8:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FWIW - My view, which you may not necessarily want to hear - is that when you are "Finding your feet" as a skier and dealing with a fast growing Daughter - you are better hiring, so that the ski can be tailored to your needs. When you become a decent Intermediate - then that is the time to look at skis, if that is your wish.

Unless you are driving to the Alps and Servicing your own skis, the saving of owning skis is marginal at best.

Owning Boots is however different. Once you know that you will be skiing regularly, then get yourself into properly fitted boots - and the same for your Daughter when her feet stop growing.

BTW. Welcome to snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@RickNash, @Old Fartbag, slight digression but interesting that I was talking to a tech at Ski Bartlett recently and he was saying that conventional wisdom was that girls’ feet stop growing at around 13 years on average so you’re not far away on the boot front.

Anyway we have always had our own skis and generally have got them to the chin level for the kids give or take , so one year might be a bit above/below that point as tried to get 2-3 seasons out of the skis. So usually bought second hand as not worth buying new.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@RickNash, …another take….we always bought rather than hired when our kids were small. When they were tiny I bought a couple of pairs of skis and maybe three pairs of boots for them in the autumn…crazy you might think…but not if you are paying 20 for secondhand boots and 40 for skis since you use them, service them and then sell them for much the same price. Sometimes (you know who you are on here) people benefited from us buying new and then handing on, but mostly we saved a lot of money by buying used, using for a bit or sometimes not at all, and then selling on. One of the big benefits of this was absolutely no complaining about the fit of boots or other issues which you get when hiring. And straight onto the snow; no messing with hire shops on the first and last days.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Knowing what you are buying/selling combined with the kit and ability to service them is key.

If you drive rather than fly, if you like doing the above and if you ski more than once a season are other factors.

In regard of size if you buying what is on sale or second hand you can't always be that precise. Anything between chin and forehead will be fine.

With my kids I've never fussed too much - they've had times had skis/snowboards that are really too short/long and boots that needed an extra footbed. Obviously you try to get the right thing but the little blighters grow quick and are expensive to keep!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you are still in the mood to buy skis, what weight is your Daughter? - as that is a bigger factor when it comes to length, than height.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Old Fartbag, do you always ask a lady her weight?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ster wrote:
@Old Fartbag, do you always ask a lady her weight?

Not always....it depends whether I'm in the hitting zone, or not. Skullie
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Old Fartbag, well at least we’ve established that.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ster wrote:
@Old Fartbag, well at least we’ve established that.

On a more serious note - My position - as stated above - is that skis at this early stage, for a week or 10 Days a year, is not the best way to go. If however the OP is determined to buy skis, then weight could be a helpful metric.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@RickNash, If you want a similar style of ski to the ones she has then some manufacturers publish tables of recommended ski lengths for kids. The Rossignol one that I just looked out only considers skier weight, not height.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Do kids weight vary that much v height
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Layne wrote:
Do kids weight vary that much v height

They can do.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Layne, The U12 section of the document I'm looking at goes from 27 to 54kg.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
wot Valais2 and Layne said. Although I'd add that it even works if you fly and don't take m/any clothes.
ski holidays
FWIW my 11 year old rents 140cm Rosi Hero or Head Super Shape skis. Be aware of condition/age of bindings when buying second hand skis - this is often overlooked.
ski holidays
My daughter is very similar height, slightly older so likely slightly heavier (35-40kg, haven't weighed her recently!) and skis 142-155 depending on discipline and conditions. However, she's got over 30 weeks skiing + twice weekly race training, so she'll be applying a lot more force to the ski than your daughter.

Personally I'd go for c. 140 at your daughter's stage. For recreational cruising my kids can (and do) go +/-20cm around their preferred midpoint without much complaint. It's only when hammering it in training or racing that they start to get fussy about the ski characteristics.

I might even have some 142 Dynastar junior SL skis kicking around in the garage, but you could get some brand new foam-core budget skis for the same price as secondhand race skis.
latest report
We have pretty much always bought the kit for 2 children. Often in the autumn as a christmas present. There was never really an issue with wrong size boot or ski length. If the skis are up to forehead height the kids do not notice and grow to the "challenge". If you have massively short skis - which we had for my son one season - they are like trick skis and he was messing around, which he still liked.
I prep the skis myself and we have sold boots and skis and boots for the same price as a pre season sales price or a little less. There are plenty of offers on Gumtree and Ebay and other sites.
Unless a child is a really fat blob I would just go by height.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy