Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2023-24

Poster: A snowHead
To be honest I'd just go with the transfer and if traffic means you miss the flight I would claim on travel insurance, hotel etc and next available flight
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Many thanks
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@timmythedog, You'll probably have to check out of your accommodation by 10.00am. I'd take the Train, leave luggage at the HBF and have a wander round Salzburg combined with a nice lunch. Only 20 mins from the HBF to the Airport.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks- thought had occurred to us. Great to have it confirmed as an option. Can’t wait - have never been to Ski Amade!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@timmythedog, Family tickets are a big saving on the train. Link here: https://www.oebb.at/en/tickets-kundenkarten/freizeit-urlaub/einfach-raus-ticket
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks so much - really appreciate it
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks about 90mins SZG to Flachau today according to gmaps.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you very much.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@hobbiteater, that doesn't help! I think I had finally settled on waiting for the 2pm dep of the 270 bus service to Eben but your post has me thinking a private transfer leaving the airport at 1230 -1300 might still be a goer (we have 10 people arriving 27th Jan on flights from 1125 to 1220 and was thinking of two taxis for 5). Only worry about the bus is not being able to find a way of reserving a seat, so worrying about finding there isn't enough space for us all. Other than that everyone is super excited about the week already..........the resort selection is on me (and the info and people on this thread) as the only previous visitor to Flachau in the group.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@hobbiteater, I've looked every weekend and seen between 90 mins and 120 mins Southbound. However, my clients (self-drive) during both holiday weeks have all said their trips were more than 2 1/2 hours. It will be interesting to see if today's snowfall has made it worse. It will probably even out in Jan as there are fewer people heading this way.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@RedandWhiteFlachau, I'll post what it's like tomorrow..a quiet Sunday I hope. Mr hl has booked the transfer for Thursday. I'll post that as well
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@RedandWhiteFlachau, thanks, interested as I have to do it on the 20th. What do you think of route via bad ischl or lofer? How bad would the a10 need to be to make them viable?

Ta
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@hobbiteater, Technically, you'd be breaking the law. See earlier posts about leaving the A10 for "Destinations in Austria". There's probably no saving to be had going either way as the locals will be hogging those routes. Keep your fingers crossed for a good run, 20th should be lower volumes of traffic. Treat anything under two hours as a win.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@holidayloverxx, Sundays have been pretty good. Catch up while you're here.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@RedandWhiteFlachau, i meant to choose one of those routes before i set off from the airport. I get that once you're on, you're on.
ski holidays
@RedandWhiteFlachau, Very Happy
ski holidays
Schladming webcams show it’s still snowing, now freezing at almost all levels (+0.6c in the town) and near empty slopes.

This week’s skiers are so lucky.
latest report
No delays at all from Salzburg. At 1pm the journey to Flachau took 55 minutes.
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
No delays at all from Salzburg. At 1pm the journey to Flachau took 55 minutes.

Great news but it was very quiet on the slopes today. It looks like just Saturday's that are a pain.
snow conditions
@RedandWhiteFlachau, yes. The road in was very quiet
snow report
Anyone know of any instructors that could do a few private lessons in 1st week of April in the Bad Gastein area? Must have good command of English!

Thanks
snow report
Nearly taken out on the first run by an out of control teenager. I was slowing down to avoid a ski school, glanced behind and saw her not able to turn or stop so I braced and she bounced off me and went down like a sack of spuds. If she hadn't hit me she would have taken out the 4 year olds. After I asked if she was OK I called her a Be Nice please! idiot..she said you are too! After the lecture on what might have happened and to pay more attention she got up and skied off without another word. Always Flachau!
latest report
Anyone who was looking forward to the beautiful run down from the Space Jet 1 to the Dampfkessel in Flachau, forget it. They've made it really narrow...too narrow for a home run....and created funnels at the bottom. Ruined.
latest report
Having a nightmare just before we head out to Flachau tomorrow. The provider of the transfer has cancelled with little warning!

Needless to say I don't see myself using booking.com taxis again.

Any sage advice for getting us to resort tomorrow from Salzburg airport? I have myself plus 7 others to manage and I have a ski roller bag (dakine fall line)
latest report
@itsLiamFleming, you'll have to phone, or maybe email as you can't book less than 48hrs in advance. Neu Touristik (formerly Huber Reisen)the local Flachau transfer company. they speak english

+43 (0) 6462 33110
office@neutouristik.at
snow conditions
@itsLiamFleming, I might have been trying to email the same people using the huber site but they have replied within the hour to both emails I have sent. There is always the train or bus from the airport to Eben......I am waiting for travel times tomorrow before making a final decision about the same transfer later in the month, so if you do get a transfer please post on here how long it took
snow report
A10 watch
1hr15 today for szg-flachau according to google, the quickest of the last few saturdays
snow conditions
@hobbiteater, it sais an hour an hour ago

I can't report on Thursday teatime as MrHLs transfer was dropping off in St Johann first
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@toyah807, booking sorted me out for a transfer. Was with VIP taxis it turns out and he got us to flachau in around an hour. Pretty pleased!
latest report
Staying In Wagrain in early Feb. Wondering is it worth heading away from resort one day to try Königtour ? And if so is there any way by bus from St Johann? Many thanks
snow conditions
@timmythedog, definitely worth it. No idea about buses

Edit..looked at the journey planner...looks like train to bishofshofen then a bus
snow conditions
Many thanks- if it’s worth it we’ll figure it out ! Thank you for all your insights - much appreciated. We normally do France and latterly Italy so really looking forward to visiting.
ski holidays
Has anyone heard any stories of the new bus service from SZG to Eben P+R? The times suit (as does the cost for 1) one person in our group arriving and departing on a different flight so he is considering it. Are there likely to be taxis waiting to head on to Flachau or should he book one in advance? Thanks
snow report
@toyah807, just had a chat with a local. No taxis waiting at Eben. Her suggestion, and mine, would be to phone for a taxi to meet the bus but phone when through the tunnels. I would check in advance that they could do that...they might be busy
latest report
@holidayloverxx, thank you for that info. I also tried Neu Touristik whilst waitin for the update and they said he could get a shared transfer with them. I have offered him both options and he has gone for the door to door transfer service, hoping he won't regret it! Neu Touristik have also sent me a very tempting quote. I will stop asking questions about transfer options now and just pick one. Think that's everything-ish sorted
snow report
It's cold, at lunchtime -11c at the top of the Planai and Hochwurzen.
latest report
@RedandWhiteFlachau thanks for the reply. I’ve finally pulled the trigger and booked Sun 25th Feb - Fri 1st March so will ski Mon-Thurs and will likely organise a car.

Do let me know if you have some availability for a morning during that week.

Will drop a message nearer the time to see if anyone is about too.
latest report
Hi, I have seen a few reviews saying ski amade is poor for advanced skiers and people that like to go off piste with not much freeriding and the low altitude meaning short runs.

I'm booked up for the flachau/zauchensee area for a couple of weeks which is probably a bit much at the best of times. I'd been to zauchensee once before and so wanted to go back but probably didn't do the research I should have for it.

Are the reviews accurate, as a more advanced skiers am I going to be bored stiff after a week?
Any tips for good things to do to make the skiing more interesting like freeriding?
Also flying solo so any tips on how to join up with some people for offpisting would be good.
snow report
It is bonkers at hauser kaibling/planai. 400 people..easily. queuing for the gondola at 9.30. What happened to quiet changeover Saturday?

@Ionizingskin, the local expert ski tourers go to zauchensee all the time
latest report
Wonder how busy it will it be in Wagrain 4-11 February ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy