Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moulded Footbeds Question - Sidas or Superfeet?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've had moulded Sidas footbeds in my ski boots for years and now need new ones.

I'm struggling to find a Sidas supplier in the north east but have been advised by LD Mountain Centre (Newcastle) that they have in stock an alternative mouldable footbed from Superfeet. The Sidas footbeds cost about £95 and the Superfeet version costs £55.

Can anyone advise me if the 2 brands are comparable?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From CEM

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3278966&highlight=superfeet+sidas#3278966
Quote:
the key with all custom product is not the product itself be it superfeet, sidas, instaprint or any other, it is the technician making it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And..

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=629692&highlight=superfeet+sidas#629692
Quote:
the other area that veeeight seems to have forgotton, is how the superfeet product actually works...it supports the rearfoot and allows the arch to flex, whilst the sidas product is a bit softer in its support approach it relys on supporting the arch.

all in all both products work well, but if badly made they are both useless
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
have had both custom moulded.
Preferred my sidas - however ditched them both for Remind insoles. The sidas are now in my walking boots.Not sure what happened to the superfeet

£55 sounds cheap for super-feet. I paid a lot more than that a good few years ago. Think it was nearer £80 or £90.
Are you sure they are not off the shelf ones for that price?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gored wrote:
have had both custom moulded.
Preferred my sidas - however ditched them both for Remind insoles. The sidas are now in my walking boots.Not sure what happened to the superfeet

£55 sounds cheap for super-feet. I paid a lot more than that a good few years ago. Think it was nearer £80 or £90.
Are you sure they are not off the shelf ones for that price?

I made a typo. The shop (on the phone) actually said £65 for moulded... Seems cheap so I will check before proceeding.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 2-05-23 13:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all, for the replies. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Let us know how it goes, I'm after some too and I'm local to LD Mountain centre, they have a pretty good sale on at the moment.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LD fitted my boots about ten years ago. The initial moulded ones crippled me so he swapped them out for the superfeet and I haven't looked back. Which makes me realise I should probably get some new ones myself as they must be worn out by now.... And there's a sale on eh? And here we are on my birthday too. snowHead Toofy Grin snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Bergmeister, if you want a well made sidas product you might need to head a little south, Ally or Fraser at Glide & Slide in Otley or Graham at Rivington Alpine in Chorley should be able to help you

you get what you pay for a lot of the time, and as i have said before, the product is only as good as the person making it, I frequently have people telling us they can buy a custom insole for less money, yet they often end up on our bench when the cheaper one doesn't do what it should have done
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy