Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots: Salomon MTN Lab v Lange XT Tour Pro

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone tried both? Curious whether the Lange skis noticeably better?
More generally, I've had the Salomons for a few years now and it's not obvious to me whether there is anything which is a major upgrade in that segment (ie something you could tour in all day but which will still drive proper skis). There seems to be more choice in that segment than when I last looked but it not clear that anything really stands out above the others (subject to finding the one that fits best obvs)
Curious to hear people's thoughts Cool
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Arno, Mrs U loves her Langes, (albeit XT130s) they fit exactly like her old race boots (no surprise being off the same last) ... if that's any help?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Arno, Vulcan Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Arno, I'm in a similar boat; potentially looking for something that compliments my (also excellent as per @under a new name) Lange XT3. I had my eye on the XT3 tour pro and also been tickled by Salomon's offerings. They still appear to do the MTN Lab (although it's now called the S lab MTN) but very interested in the S/Lab MTN Summit...on paper it's reasonably stiff. If the skinning model's looking for new boots, then so am I.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Arno, I have the Lange XT3 140 PRO LV version. Really like em, I have narrow feet and still needed to pack em out a touch with additional baseboard material. I put in some new ZipFits GFT touring liners which feel as though they stiffened the boot up a touch and defo feel much better for me being a zip fit only fanboy . Haven't done any tours of note with them but just cruising around they are the best touring boots I have had and they ski well. First pair of boots that moulded perfectly to my feet, not sure if that is the better plastic or just fit but were perfect from first ski in..

One of the few boots you can change from Alpine soles to Gripwalk which was a consideration for me having lots of race bindings not GW compatible... Seem to work well with my Shift based skis as well as normal alpine bindings

Can't compare to MTN but reasonably stiff , no way are they a 140 alpine boot though Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Arno, I've had the last 3 MTN lab models and in Intersport last week they had Salomon MTN lab with a Boa system which I'd not come across or knew about?

And at a very good discount!

Was very tempted as I'd only said to the OH the day before how I'd like a boot with a Boa system for transitioning !

But would be a bit OTT adding that to my touring boot collection!

Bit of Googling

https://blisterreview.com/gear-reviews/2022-2023-salomon-s-lab-mtn-summit
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@spyderjon, ha
Still have mine, they never really fitted quite right
Snowleader have a great deal on the Langes, might be worth giving them a whirl
Thanks for the feedback everyone
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Took a punt - with an additional 20% off code from Snowleader, they came in at about £220 shipped which seemed like a bit of a bargain.

So, how do they fit? Pretty good. A bit more room in the toe box than the Salomons, which is good. I had to get them blown out around the first metatarsal head but don’t think similar will be necessary for the Langes. They also have a little more room over the instep - I can actually do up the buckles without it taking most of the week for my feet to adjust!

My only question is the heel. They feel a little tight but not sure how well locked in my heel will be when touring. They might rub a bit. Probably ok for skiing though. Need to transfer over my footbeds and spend a bit more time wearing them around the house before I make a decision on them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy