Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freeriding – Deadly risk for the ultimate adrenaline rush

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Reporter Matthias Lüscher is looking for the ultimate powder experience every winter. Together with one of the best freeriders in the world, Sam Anthamatten, he now wants to ride a steep couloir on the Dents du Midi. In order to minimize the risk of misfortune, smart decisions must be made.

When freeriding off-piste, there is always the potential risk of an avalanche accident or a fatal fall. Every winter, an average of 20 snow sports enthusiasts die in an avalanche in Switzerland. Professional athlete Sam Anthamatten has also lost friends in the mountains over the years and has had to save himself from avalanches. That's what the Valais native tells reporter Matthias Lüscher during the two-day ski tour.

As a mountain guide and member of the Zermatt Mountain Rescue, Sam knows the unsightly sides of the mountains too well: "Once you've seen death, you think differently about it," he says. Despite these fates, which he witnessed firsthand, nothing stops him from continuing into the mountains and driving steep and risky walls: "If I make a mistake, the consequence is death, I'm aware of that."

http://youtube.com/v/anqLktdFvuM
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great copy & paste technique @stanton - here's the bit you missed snowHead

Quote:
A few months ago Sam became a father. In his new role, he also sees himself with a new responsibility. Rec. reporter Lüscher is also a father and, during the ski tour, thinks about the consequences of making a mistake when skiing in deep snow. Is it worth taking so much risk for the freeride experience? At the latest when the two are at the top of the couloir, they have to ask themselves this question and make the right decision
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy