Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Smith summer ski Cervinia 2023

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm considering booking a 5 day Academy ski course summer 2023 and wondered if anyone would have tips/advice on the following.
I've searched through snowheads for posts, but couldn't see anything relating to travel to Cervinia.
At first look it seems that there aren't too many options flying on a Saturday from UK to Turin. I may well be travelling solo & can't spare the time/effort to drive down. On arrival at Turin, again there don't seem to be any reasonable options available for transfer to resort for individuals. I assume there will be other people from the UK travelling to same destination and took a look at a forum on the Warren Smith website used to discuss transport issues/offers but it doesn't look well visited.
Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.
MTIA Steve
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Train to Chatillon from either Turin or Milan, bus up the valley (or a taxi if necessary, the bus only takes an hour but the times are a bit random - arriva app will have the right times closer to summer). Very Happy

Just thought to add - if you Google the bus, it shows it from the autostazione, but we got it from the train station (stazione FS I think on the timetable)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ElzP thanks, handy pointers

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 15-04-23 19:07; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@DaleBoot, ski day in Summer is pretty short and conditions far from optimal. Do you only have the time in Summer? Imagine you’d get much better value from Warren Smith in Winter if you have the flexibility
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BobinCH, thanks, I get your point. I'm aware of summer ski 'conditions'. I spent a weeks holiday summer skiing on the Grande Motte/Tignes back in the early 1990s. I'm figuring that at 65yrs of age, an intensive short day focusing on specifics won't leave me wanting! I had a week skiing the Sella Ronda in early Feb this year, I used CARV inserts and they have inspired me to get some help with improvement ready for a return trip in 2024.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@DaleBoot, the grande motte back jn the 90's is a different place to what it is now
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mother hucker, no sadly not. I just watched a video from last year (albeit an unusually snowy season). I'm sure back in 1990 the entry to the lower chairlift was from the right side as you descend, which was a big puddle by midday. Now a much higher entry from the left. No GoPro videos from 1990!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hi, KLM fly regularly to Turin. If you are happy driving the transfer is a doddle - ~90 minutes. that is how i have always done it. saves messing about. if you prefer not to drive i think a taxi is possible for hassle-free, cost would be about 150 EUR each way.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Note that Cervinia is also an easy drive from Milan Malpensa (a bit over 2 hours), there may be a wider choice of flights to that airport than to Turin.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I did Cervinia recently from Malpensa. Very convenient trip comparing to e.g. Livingo. There are lots of car rentals and when booked in advance it can be quiet cheap. The motorway however is quite expensive, 18euro one way. Avoiding it would probably add 1hr to the drive.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@DaleBoot, I was supposed to have been with them last summer for an instructor course, and it was cancelled due to the glacier closing.

I'm on a L3 instructor course this week and one trainer is Zermatt based, and he's certain this summer will be the same. So bare that in mind.

On the travel question, you can get a flix bus to Aosta from Geneva/Geneva Airport. From there you can use Italian public transport up to Cervinia. An option worth exploring if Geneva flights work for you.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all the recent responses/suggestions - sorry I didn't get back sooner, my email notifications seem to have stopped.
Thanks swskier - you post prompted me to read a report about last years' closure and current trends - it doesn't look too promising.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy